The New Raith Rovers Thread

I certainly wouldn't be too upset. I was getting used to the idea of Murray as manager though, even though I believe Cameron or Ellis is the man for the job.

Same, I'm quite comfortable with the idea of Murray as manager.

Could be the right timing for us, even if its only for a season think he would be a good appointment :D

Re. Post 8000

Seem to remember watching an interview, last year, where Billy Brown was saying how much he wanted to return to Raith Rovers one day as manager.

He certainly has a lot of experience, Hearts,Killie, Hibs etc., and, no doubt , loads of contacts in the game.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Re. Post 8000

Seem to remember watching an interview, last year, where Billy Brown was saying how much he wanted to return to Raith Rovers one day as manager.

He certainly has a lot of experience, Hearts,Killie, Hibs etc., and, no doubt , loads of contacts in the game.

Yup remember the interview, thats why i suggested his name when we were touting names around. Would be a wealth of knowledge to pass on to Ellis and Murray as well

Yup remember the interview, thats why i suggested his name when we were touting names around. Would be a wealth of knowledge to pass on to Ellis and Murray as well

Seems like he has chosen not to renew his contract and not Hibs letting him go. Could be a sign?!

I'd love to see Billy Brown at Stark's next season, either Smudger or Bert as his number 2. It's highly unlikely, but you never know. Failing that, i'd like Smudger to be given his chance with Bert as his number 2.

Oh aye, fare thee well John. Hope you last more than a couple of month's at Hearts, a bit of a poison chalice imo. Just send over Jamie Walker for a season, that'll be dandy.

I'd love to see Billy Brown at Stark's next season, either Smudger or Bert as his number 2. It's highly unlikely, but you never know. Failing that, i'd like Smudger to be given his chance with Bert as his number 2.

Oh aye, fare thee well John. Hope you last more than a couple of month's at Hearts, a bit of a poison chalice imo. Just send over Jamie Walker for a season, that'll be dandy.

Agree with your sentiment re. Paul Smith, however I believe he has already stated that he won't take the post due to business commitments.

Just listened to your chairman stiffen the cheats on the radio.......well said that man....cap doffed.

f**k the SPL cartel....I want my Fife derbies even more now...not to name call or taunt...but to share a fair and pure football experience with honest passion and fairly won bragging rights...

Look forward to seeing you fellas..

Me too. Although the tributes to him on the Ayr United facebook page made him look like Mourinho.

You seriously don't want Brian Reid, the mans an idiot, a negative, clueless idiot. Loads of players in the game wouldn't play under the arrogant tosser.

Turnbull Hutton fucking ROCKS though, sure he'll get you the right man for the job.

Right, I'm about to head out for the day, but just before I leave I'm going to throw in this idea.

My relationship with the club has been strengthened by their stance over the past few days, and over time that will of course be reflected financially in one way and another. But I know they're tight for cash right away, so I was trying to think of some way of making an immediate and concrete gesture to show my support.

One idea I've come up with - we've got this game at Wick coming up, something myself and a lot of the matchgoing fans are well chuffed about and looking forward to. But for the club it's the worst draw they could have got financially, a significant extra cost they could have done without. So how about we have a whip-round (probably best done via the Trust, or somesuch) to see if we can sponsor that specific cost for them. I'd imagine it'd be in the region of a four figure sum but we can mail the club for costings if need be.

Not only would it help the club, it'd be a very visible demonstration of loyalty and support for their stance, both to the club itself and to the wider world. There's been a fair amount of focus on us this week - and on the relationships between clubs and their supporters more generally. If we were able to do something quickly and tie it directly and explicitly to our support for their stance then it'd be something we could publicise and I expect there are at least some corners of the press would be happy to mention it.

Does that seem like a plausible idea? FanTalk would have been a better place for this, but I don't have an account there. If it looks like it might catch on I'd invite someone to transfer the post across.

Happy to start with a pledge of £100, though I wouldn't be expecting others to put up that much. If enough people could find ten or twenty I'd hope it ought to be doable.

If anyone has any other ideas then please, fire away.

Right, I'm about to head out for the day, but just before I leave I'm going to throw in this idea.

My relationship with the club has been strengthened by their stance over the past few days, and over time that will of course be reflected financially in one way and another. But I know they're tight for cash right away, so I was trying to think of some way of making an immediate and concrete gesture to show my support.

One idea I've come up with - we've got this game at Wick coming up, something myself and a lot of the matchgoing fans are well chuffed about and looking forward to. But for the club it's the worst draw they could have got financially, a significant extra cost they could have done without. So how about we have a whip-round (probably best done via the Trust, or somesuch) to see if we can sponsor that specific cost for them. I'd imagine it'd be in the region of a four figure sum but we can mail the club for costings if need be.

Not only would it help the club, it'd be a very visible demonstration of loyalty and support for their stance, both to the club itself and to the wider world. There's been a fair amount of focus on us this week - and on the relationships between clubs and their supporters more generally. If we were able to do something quickly and tie it directly and explicitly to our support for their stance then it'd be something we could publicise and I expect there are at least some corners of the press would be happy to mention it.

Does that seem like a plausible idea? FanTalk would have been a better place for this, but I don't have an account there. If it looks like it might catch on I'd invite someone to transfer the post across.

Happy to start with a pledge of £100, though I wouldn't be expecting others to put up that much. If enough people could find ten or twenty I'd hope it ought to be doable.

Love it, Yoss.

After originally planning on making the trip, I'm not so sure I'll get up there now. I'm more than happy to donate my admission fee plus a wee bit extra on top.

I'm not heading up to the Wick game either but I would also be up for donating some money towards the club to help cover the costs. I've been very impressed with the board recently and definitely want to show my appreciation for the stance they've taken.

Just listened to your chairman stiffen the cheats on the radio.......well said that man....cap doffed.

f**k the SPL cartel....I want my Fife derbies even more now...not to name call or taunt...but to share a fair and pure football experience with honest passion and fairly won bragging rights...

Look forward to seeing you fellas..

TARANTINO-FISTPUMP.GIF

Great idea Yoss. I'm happy to chip a wee bit. I feel the club deserve some kind of reward for their excellent stance on the issue, and I think it's a fantastic idea. Highly doubt I'll be at Wick anyway.

If it takes off I'll be sure to get involved. :)