The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyway, lets not think that Celtic have already won the replay. Remember, the games being played at Gayfield. I hope Arbroath get stuck right in, mon the Lichties :)

Yeah, I'd love Arbroath to win. It'd be a great thing in itself, plus I'd much sooner play them in the next round. I probably won't go if it's Celtic.

My season ticket was in the railway stand for years. It was a great view and we sat at the end next to the opposing fans which was always good for over the fence banter. I'm afraid there is absolutely no need for it now. Our ground is too big as it is.

Edited by roverthemoon

Dundee United v Rangers live on Sky on Saturday 2nd February at 12:45.

Which means if it is Celtic we play and TV do fancy it (which they surely will given there's a further two televised ties) we'll be playing on Sunday the 3rd. Terrific news for me as I'd miss it on the Saturday.

I forsee a Sunday 12:15 kick off on BBC Scotland...

Unfortunatly bbc and sky will need to announce its live games this week (i think thats the rule) so very much doubt they will chose any games that have replays. Could u imagine skys embarassment of they chose celtic or arbroath vs raith but arbroath beat celtic... So have to show raith vs arbroath on a sunday afternoon? Doubt they be chuffed

Unfortunatly bbc and sky will need to announce its live games this week (i think thats the rule) so very much doubt they will chose any games that have replays. Could u imagine skys embarassment of they chose celtic or arbroath vs raith but arbroath beat celtic... So have to show raith vs arbroath on a sunday afternoon? Doubt they be chuffed

If that's the case, which would be a bit silly really, then the other two live matches would have to be Hibs v Aberdeen/Motherwell and Killie v Ross County/ICT. They'd be as well risking it really...

Edit: Besides, I don't see it being the case. The only definite ties in the draw are Dundee United v Rangers and Falkirk v Forfar, so it'd be an odd rule. Perhaps they only have a week after the confirmation of a fixture to provide details like that? They're hardly putting anyone to inconvenience by waiting to confirm the dates, seeing as hardly anyone knows who they're playing yet..

Edited by Paco

Thats an interesting one Munich.Surely SKY and BBC only need to announce this week the dates they intend showing any live cup matches and not which particular game they intend to televise.Thats an irrelevance

Thats an interesting one Munich.Surely SKY and BBC only need to announce this week the dates they intend showing any live cup matches and not which particular game they intend to televise.Thats an irrelevance

Not too the clubs who need to book travel arrangements.

Not too the clubs who need to book travel arrangements.

Travel arrangements can be made very quickly Daz. Clubs use the same hotels dotted about the country year in year out. The hotels just need to be able to provide large amounts of pasta and chicken for approximately 25 blokes within about twenty minutes of the clubs arrival.

What the f**k is going on with that defence

What is our best back five? When was the last time we had it on the park?

In fact, when was the last time we named the same defence and goalkeeper in three games running?

It's understandable that there are defensive errors with as much chopping and changing that Murray has had to do after injuries and suspensions.

The constant changes in defence aren't good, admittedly. However, I don't think that's much of an excuse for conceding three yesterday.

Morton have a very tall team and were always going to cause us problems from set pieces. The first goal was unforgivable, though - a free header. It doesn't matter who is playing, there is absolutely no excuse for allowing that to happen. For their third, I'll concede that someone was just beaten to the ball, but it's still very annoying.

We aren't as dominant at the back when Mensing doesn't play. We were also hampered, though not punished, by Dougie Hill having a bit of a 'mare. He was committing himself far too often, and ended up being beaten on several occasions. I think Hill enjoyed an excellent start to the season, but he's been out of sorts recently and could really do with a spell on the bench.