The New Raith Rovers Thread

With Hill, Ellis and Murray all available to us I imagine we'll only see one new centre back coming in to replace Mensing. Can only hope he's good...

Starting to shape up. Hope to see McGurn sign soon, outside of that not too bothered if that's it from last season's lot. Cradle would be nice but he was relatively unimpressive IMO in his short spell and I imagine he has offers elsewhere - not worth breaking the bank for.

A centre back, a few (three?) midfielders and two strikers and we'll probably have ourselves a squad.

Still need a left back, agree CH maybe Dowie, 2 center mids - Fox plus one maybe , left winger if Cardle is too dear take a chance on Josh Watt and two strikers, one a target man, thats 7 players, can we afford them?

Edited by starks mad

I'd like us to sign Fox to replace Walker and Steven Craig to replace Brian graham.

Cardle would be an exciting signing too, but I think it's unlikely. Wonder If we have spoken to Imrie?

Another centre back (preferably one with pace) is needed. McGurn signing up would be great also.

Potential line up:

McGurn

Thomson

Hill

(New centre back)

Donaldson

Cardle

Moon

Fox

Imrie

Craig

Spence.

Weakest in defence I feel. But the midfield would be pretty decent, and attack also.

Probably never happen, but hey ho..

I'd like us to sign Fox to replace Walker and Steven Craig to replace Brian graham.

Cardle would be an exciting signing too, but I think it's unlikely. Wonder If we have spoken to Imrie?

Another centre back (preferably one with pace) is needed. McGurn signing up would be great also.

Potential line up:

McGurn

Thomson

Hill

(New centre back)

Donaldson

Cardle

Moon

Fox

Imrie

Craig

Spence.

Weakest in defence I feel. But the midfield would be pretty decent, and attack also.

At least Scott McBride knew how to run in a straight line, however both are not required for our voyage.

In contrast to some people's views, Cardle showed in flashes that he is a quality player. Especially for this division. Leagues about Scott Mcbride. He was so out of his depth at the rovers it was unreal. You could said Cardle is "too good" for us. But I'd definitely welcome him back to Starks!

Were you at Livingston Zen? Cardle was easily one of our better players.

I actually ommited Grant Anderson from that starting 11, so he would replace Imrie.

All ifs and buts at the moment..

In contrast to some people's views, Cardle showed in flashes that he is a quality player. Especially for this division. Leagues about Scott Mcbride. He was so out of his depth at the rovers it was unreal. You could said Cardle is "too good" for us. But I'd definitely welcome him back to Starks!

Were y

ou at Livingston Zen? Cardle was easily one of our better players.

I actually ommited Grant Anderson from that starting 11, so he would replace Imrie.

All ifs and buts at the moment..

Alas Mcbride scored his only goal for the Rovers in a 2 - 1 win a against Livi in a postponed Reserve League Cup final.

And yes I was at Livingston and I do not rate Cardle.

His demeanour does not befit our club.

Alas Mcbride scored his only goal for the Rovers in a 2 - 1 win a against Livi in a postponed Reserve League Cup final.

And yes I was at Livingston and I do not rate Cardle.

His demeanour does not befit our club.

Out of his depth, AKA reserves? Ahh yes ok then? ;)

So you don't agree he was one of our better players that day?

I don't really give a hoot about his demeanour. If he puts on the shirt, gives 100% then thats fine with me. I wish fans would understand that these players are about as normal as me and you. These players aren't stars like Messi and Ronaldo who have a mass following. Basically celebrities.

Players like Cardle are trying to make living the same as us. It just so happens that they are able to play a bit of football which is good enough for clubs like the Rovers et all.

Out of his depth, AKA reserves? Ahh yes ok then? ;)

So you don't agree he was one of our better players that day?

I don't really give a hoot about his demeanour. If he puts on the shirt, gives 100% then thats fine with me. I wish fans would understand that these players are about as normal as me and you. These players aren't stars like Messi and Ronaldo who have a mass following. Basically celebrities.

Players like Cardle are trying to make living the same as us. It just so happens that they are able to play a bit of football which is good enough for clubs like the Rovers et all.

My opinion is based on,' the ball is passed to Cardle, he cuts into the middle of the park' this ad nauseam.

He is a one trick pony and this will be identified and snuffed out by the caliber of teams that we will face this coming season.

Re his demeanor, he walked into the sponsors night like a wee gangster fanny, black from top to toe, he was saved further embarrassment when a fellow player told him to change.

This may appear a petty judgment, but I am satisfied in my appraisal.

Suppose, least he has a trick. Mcbride on the other hand.....

It's hard to say if he would be snuffed out, Dunfermline seemed to use him to good effect, in this division and in the SPL.

I can't really comment on his attire at the awards evening, but yes it seems a bit petty. Maybe Gangster style is in along Dunfermline way....;)

Cardle would be an exciting signing too, but I think it's unlikely.

Why? How? What has Cardle done to be classed as exciting? He did very little in the games that I watched.

The last 'exciting' signing i can recall was when we got big Marv back. Exciting signings don't happen often at the Rovers, and even if Cardle did sign, he wouldn't be one.

...I suppose I was quite happy when Casa came back.

The positive on Hill is that he surely can't be as bad as last season?

If he can just get back to season 09-10 form, before the injury, then that'll do me. You never know, it might happen.

Potential line up:

McGurn

Thomson

Hill

(New centre back)

Donaldson

Cardle

Moon

Fox

Imrie

Craig

Spence.

That would my ideal team mate, chances are we won't be that lucky. But it would be awesome though. I'd greenie you for that if I weren't using my iPhone.

Why? How? What has Cardle done to be classed as exciting? He did very little in the games that I watched.

The last 'exciting' signing i can recall was when we got big Marv back. Exciting signings don't happen often at the Rovers, and even if Cardle did sign, he wouldn't be one.

The guy played 6 matches. He was also returning from an injury. Any player that's played at the highest level in Scotland has to be an "exciting" player for us I'm afraid. A full pre season and he would definitely be worth signing.

He'll end up signing for Dundee or something, rip our defence a new arsehole and the usual "townie scum" uttered from the crowd from our utter fickle support..

6 games isn't enough time to judge him, we knew what Cardle could do at the Pars. He had plenty of support in that team, he didn't have that when he came here. Bert is building a team that can maybe play to his strengths, in my book he would be an exciting signing. I really hope we're not overspending to achieve this.