The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kevin Moon is a central midfielder who actually made his debut for Saints against Raith in a Challenge Cup tie in 2005. His ability very much works in a cycle, when he's fit, he's good enough to play in the SPL but when he isn't sharp, his performances dip and he can't get to that level. I imagine a regular run at Alloa has been of huge benefit to him and it should be to Rovers if he can also get a good pre-season, something else that has been a problem in the past.

Good signing for Raith. He took a few games to get going for us (had been out for a while in fairness) but once he settled he became a key player. Good on the ball, can pick a pass and works hard. Came up with two excellent goals in the play-offs as well. I did hope we might have a chance of keeping him after our promotion but he is worthy of a full-time deal. Capable of stepping back up to the SPL I would have thought if stays injury free and does well at Raith. Good luck to him.

Didn't Kevin Moon score the 3rd goal against the Pars in the first leg? Was quite impressed on that showing. Hopefully Spence and another striker can be added to the squad soon! McGurn can also hurry up and sign up too.

Im impressed we manages a signing like this. Didnt even realise he was avialable. Saints fans really rate him and based on his playoff performance im happy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Good signing for Raith. He took a few games to get going for us (had been out for a while in fairness) but once he settled he became a key player. Good on the ball, can pick a pass and works hard. Came up with two excellent goals in the play-offs as well. I did hope we might have a chance of keeping him after our promotion but he is worthy of a full-time deal. Capable of stepping back up to the SPL I would have thought if stays injury free and does well at Raith. Good luck to him.

I'd assume he'll be on PT terms, though that's purely based on his stint at Alloa last season.

I could, of course, be wrong there.

He'd obviously been full-time since he was sixteen up until January, so might expect a big lure of Raith would be getting back full-time if you are running with some FT players next season.

Indeed. Had he left St.Johnstone last summer I doubt he would have gone part-time at all. It worked out very well for us that he left Saints right at the end of the January transfer window and we were able to get him until the end of the season. Always likely to be going back FT.

JJ wanted to sign him, and Stevie May, on loan last pre-season but St Johnstone rejected as they needed them in their first team squad...but, ultimately, both weren't involved and moved away later on in the season to Alloa and Hamilton, respectively. Very good signing by Raith. Murray seems to be very astute with his signing / re-signing policy. What looks like ex-Raith midfielder now, Allan Walker, would've, probably, been kept on without an eye blink from John McGlynn, IMO. Murray has, if he has replaced AW with KM, made a massive stamp on the Rovers squad by dumping last years captain, which suggests he will only put up with acceptable behaviour, work ethic and consistency.

Sounds promising enough. More likely to be the Stuart Anderson replacement than the Allan Walker one, however.

Glad he's got mostly positive reviews though. Alloa fans - did he or Simmons do more of the attacking in midfield?

Impressed by Murray so far this summer. Is saying all the rights things and so far pleased with the re-signings and this new signing.

Looking forward to seeing who else he brings in as I wasn't aware we were even after Moon so might be keeping other cards close to his chest.

Also agree with the comment re Walker above. McGlynn would have given him a new contract in an instance.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Not really aware of Moon, but the comments on here are very encouraging. This is a big season for Murray's managerial career, he's out of contract next summer so if he makes an erse of it it could really be over before it begins.

Impressed with his summer so far....

Sounds promising enough. More likely to be the Stuart Anderson replacement than the Allan Walker one, however.

Glad he's got mostly positive reviews though. Alloa fans - did he or Simmons do more of the attacking in midfield?

Paco we had quite a fluid midfield last season with generally McCord having a free role that meant Simmons and Moon having to stay pretty disciplined in central midfield roles with generally Simmons sitting deeper than Moon.

As for Moon he started off pretty quiet, probably down to the fact that he had not played much and was short on match fitness. However he became one of these midfielders that you are not really aware off but when he was not in the team or subsituted you would notice that the team did not function as well as it did with him in the team.

The last few weeks of the season he was without doubt in my opinion our star player, he is not the sort of player that beats three or four players or even one that hits defence splitting passes at every opportunity but what he does do is dictate the pace and style of your play, he looked fit and strong as the season progressed and i think will be a success at Raith and hope that he does well for you and himself as he also seems like a really decent guy also.

Hopefully we can set a trend and start looking at some new players. Outwith Spence, nobody really was outstanding and while Walker did finish up with our top assists, I'm confident we could fill that void. Ideally, we'll see a new center-back who can search out passes on the ground, and an attacking minded midfielder to offer us a bit of a threat. Early days yet of course. While Dougie Hill and Walker have given us some good memories, their performances at times last season were brutal.

In terms of signings by Murray in his time as manager we've had Stuart Anderson (who was on trial at the time), Mensing, Cardle and Moon. Hopefully we can keep working along those lines while not over extending our budget