The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kev Smith? Not getting offered another deal with us, heard a while back Raith were interested.

Would be good signing if his injury has finally been sorted.

He'd be a big gamble with his injury history.

Is Andy Barrowman still at Dundee? I'd take him.

Smith would be a bit much of a gamble I reckon. He doesn't exactly scream out as having a brilliant track record in terms of scoring or fitness. He was fantastic right up until the day he was crunched against Stirling at Forthbank. Not that it mattered, Stevie Hislop ran off a year long injury to put us top of the league, what a massive game that turned out to be.

Kevin Smith is due me a replacement Rovers scarf after nabbing it during a few celebratory drinks in Kittys after we won the 2nd Division.

Lost my deposit on my costume at the Fifes Finest player of the year, stole my Sgt Pepper wig. Give him his due tho made for some cracking pics lol

Lost my deposit on my costume at the Fifes Finest player of the year, stole my Sgt Pepper wig. Give him his due tho made for some cracking pics lol

I've got a few photos from that night one of which is him wearing that wig and my scarf. Always wondered where that wig came from.

I'd say two CBs are required, though Murray has put a lot of faith in Hill after his last season. It'll be Hill & A.N Other lining up at the back for us next season.

In terms of strikers, I'm unsure who I'd like us to sign. I would rather Clarke didn't remain here, and I wouldn't be pleased with any of the names mentioned in this thread so far with the exception of Craig, whom RaithRyan says isn't the guy who's been offered a contract. in terms of why I wouldn't be impressed, I've summed it up below:

Parkin - Immobile and will encourage hoofball.

K. Smith - Injury prone, too risky.

G. Smith - Never rated him. He's only good for fouling.

Barrowman would probably be a bit expensive, and is a player who seems to do pretty well but I've never been impressed with when he's faced us.

I hope Clark doesn't get another contract with us.

He only signed last season because he couldn't get any other team to give him a full-time contract.

Imo he doesn't play for the jersey and just goes thru the motions. No passion for the game.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Fair enough.Calling it a glamour friendly is booting the arse out of it though.

Seen as it's unlikely Barca or Man Utd will be paying us a visit anytime soon, Hibs are a glamour friendly. A normal friendly would be Montrose, Airdrie, or the likes.

That said, I'm more interested in the Sheffield United game. It's the glamour friendly.

Unsure how I feel about that, if true. He'll probably do a solid job and get us 10-12 goals, which would be good, I just wasn't keen on us getting aboard the Barrowman/Higgins/McMenamin mercenary bandwagon.

We'll also now have had Clarke, Cardle, Barrownman and maybe even Dowie out of the Pars side that beat us to the title. Booooo.