The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bear in mind Watt will probably be on a lower wage as well, he could be a useful player. Besides if we dont get Cardle we will probably get someone in on loan

He could be useful why, because he's on a lower wage? Even on that wage he contributed zero. So it's still a waste of a wage in my opinion because we've seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he can even make our team in front of Callaghan.

I'm very confident that Cardle will be with us next season.

Any reason in particular? I only saw Cardle in the game against Partick at home so couldn't really judge how he was for us. I'd be delighted if we got him back. One area we must improve on is our goals scored next season. You'd have to hope that we're the right size of team he'd be looking for. You'd have to imagine it is between us and other first division clubs.

Any reason in particular?

Just a gut feeling. Murray has made his feelings known that he really wants to keep him. The FFP and official site mention Murray completing his signings when they return from holiday and I'm going on the assumption Cardle is one of these players. If you believe the wording then it seems the club and Murray are confident in these players signing with us. There is also a severe lack of rumours floating about in regards to other clubs looking to sign Cardle. Usually that sort of info leaks but you'd think we were the only team in for him with the lack of talk amongst other clubs.

So, so far we're looking at:

McGurn

Thomson

*signing*

Hill

Donaldson

Anderson

Fox

Moon

*signing*

Spence

Elliott

Plus another striker. Did Pat Clarke ever re-sign? I can't remember seeing anything but his name hasn't been mentioned for a while. I don't envisage us starting the season with four recognised strikers.

So, so far we're looking at:

McGurn

Thomson

*signing*

Hill

Donaldson

Anderson

Fox

Moon

*signing*

Spence

Elliott

Plus another striker. Did Pat Clarke ever re-sign? I can't remember seeing anything but his name hasn't been mentioned for a while. I don't envisage us starting the season with four recognised strikers.

He definitely hasn't signed for us, and I'm 99% certain he hasn't signed for anyone else either. I'd expect to see him in the Second Division next season.

I think if/when cardle signs it'll be a whole different player we see!

I got the feeling that he didn't put 100% into the Rovers and was only taking a wage to tide him over till the end of the season.

A full pre-season and somewhere he wants to play then I think he'll be one of our players of the season.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

He could be useful why, because he's on a lower wage? Even on that wage he contributed zero. So it's still a waste of a wage in my opinion because we've seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he can even make our team in front of Callaghan.

Bang on. The only thing he has ahead of Callaghan is that he plays a different position, but he didn't show anything suggesting he'd be a decent signing. We're not going to have a large squad, so the emphasis has to be on getting as much as we can out of what we do have.

Encouraging news from today's FFP, though:

Murray is currently speaking to a number of targets with a defender, left midfielder and striker believed to be his priorities.

Thumbs up from me. I'd personally like two new defenders (CBs), but accept we're limited with what we have to spend, and keeping Hill was always going to put paid to what i was hoping for.

Still though, all looks good so far. The silence with Pat Clarke is however deafening - he hasn't signed for anyone else, we don't appear to have offered him a contract and he hasn't been released. Not sure what's going on there.

hill has been a good player for us. one bad season doesnt make a bad player and considering bert is/was a defender himself, he can hopefully help him get back to being a good player.

i have alot of faith and hope in bert after this close season. he will hopefully be talked of like murray, hartley and to an extent mickey after this season.

Still though, all looks good so far. The silence with Pat Clarke is however deafening - he hasn't signed for anyone else, we don't appear to have offered him a contract and he hasn't been released. Not sure what's going on there.

Last week there was a report in the courier which said we had offered contracts to Cardle and Clarke. That's the only time I've seen any mention of Clarke being offered a deal though.

hill has been a good player for us. one bad season doesnt make a bad player and considering bert is/was a defender himself, he can hopefully help him get back to being a good player.

Hill was a good player alongside Campbell but he's never been the same since he broke his ankle. He's as guy that should be playing for the East Fifes or Brechins of this world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

i have alot of faith and hope in bert after this close season. he will hopefully be talked of like murray, hartley and to an extent mickey after this season.

If he could not get himself sent off continually, that would be a great start.

Just Like Allan Walker, Hill's performances last season did not merit a new deal in my view. He is lucky to still be at the club and despite the fact I'd have punted him, I do hope he puts in better performances next time around.

breaking your ankle wont make you a bad player, i know iv done it, although not quite at that level. any injury can be overcombe. just depends on your mentality which seems to be the case with him.

he is probably a bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd type player though.

Murray's spent a lot of time with Hill as his CB partner, he obviously believes he's a good player and can recapture his form. I'm doubtful myself but we'll soon see. I'd like Hill to prove me wrong, as frustrating as he was last season I like his attitude on the whole.

I like Hill he's a decent defender and always a danger at set pieces (for us), I was frustrated with his temprement last year too but hopefully he's learned from that. If nothing else it shows he's committed, more so since he was willing to take a further pay cut to stay.

I'd like to see Clarke and another striker, a central defender and a winger.

Cardle? Didn't impress in the games I saw (for us!) someone suggested he'd be giving a 100% for us next season, I know a few West Fife barcodes that have suggested he didn't do that regularly enough for them "potential match winner for the Pars...when he feels like it" was the quote.

Edited by Scottydog

Scotty we all know that wingers are a rare breed they just dont/cant do it every week but you have to persevere, as you know i ended up at a Rangers v Dunfermline game at Ibrox two years ago which i was pressganged into ( It was the game Sonny Aluko got ther ban for diving) Cardle was brilliant that game and was the best player on the park, he is up there with the best when he gets his right head on. Anyway well worth a punt.

Scotty we all know that wingers are a rare breed they just dont/cant do it every week but you have to persevere, as you know i ended up at a Rangers v Dunfermline game at Ibrox two years ago which i was pressganged into ( It was the game Sonny Aluko got ther ban for diving) Cardle was brilliant that game and was the best player on the park, he is up there with the best when he gets his right head on. Anyway well worth a punt.

Football Cliché police are on there way