The New Raith Rovers Thread

Robinson's interview is v good indeed. I've cursed him a few times but he was outstanding on Sunday and I hope with a settled defence we see what the QOS boys were raving about.

In other news, here's hoping Dougie's shoulder injury isn't too bad or he'll be off his work...

Seen this in the car park at Alloa after our game last week.

The feelgood factor could come to an abrupt halt unless we get some positive results in the league. I will get off their backs when we're safe from relegation. A diddy cup triumph won't change that.

What a miserable fucker you sound. We have had some decent results (and some shite ones as well to be fair) but we are not exactly a million miles fae where we really expected to be at the start of the season. Throw in the ramsdens cup and a scottish cup QF its been good season overall. How many seasons have been better in the last 15 or so years?

What a miserable fucker you sound. We have had some decent results (and some shite ones as well to be fair) but we are not exactly a million miles fae where we really expected to be at the start of the season. Throw in the ramsdens cup and a scottish cup QF its been good season overall. How many seasons have been better in the last 15 or so years?

What a happy clapper you sound.

Did you really expect to be in danger of getting the 9th place play-off spot at the start of the season? With the squad we had and three part-time teams in the same league?

The only reason anyone gives a toss about the diddy cup win, is because of who we beat in the final. It's still just the diddy cup. If it had been Stenhousemuir or the likes that we had beaten, nobody would be that bothered.

How many seasons have been better in the last 15 years? Have you been in a coma? We were in a league title race in 2011 that only ended with defeat at EEP, we made the semi-final of the Scottish Cup in 2010 and we won the Second Division in 2009. Admittedly, it's been mainly shite like this for the rest of the last 15 years. Thankfully I was mostly living away from Kirkcaldy from 1997 until 2009, so I didn't have to witness a lot of that shite. I watched the glory years, then just caught a couple of games a season until about 2005.

Don't let the cup win blind you. This league season has been absolutely hellish. Big changes are required in the summer whatever league we end up in next season.

No I didnt expect to be in 9th and we wont be either, just like we can still get 4th place but again we prob wont.

The diddy cup, call it whatever you want but at the end of the day it was up there with any day i have had supporting the rovers since the 90s.

The seasons that you have stated that were better, 2011, really good league campaign, at the end of it though we got f**k all out of it apart fae a real sare defeat at east end. 2010, getting one round further than this years Scottish cup and finishing 7th with 11 wins, sounds a bit similiar eh? Lastly 2009, that was prob my fav season since 94/95, ending with winning the league at hampden and getting the match ball for my sons birthday, great day, great season but it was only the second div, is that no a diddy league in your eyes?

No I didnt expect to be in 9th and we wont be either, just like we can still get 4th place but again we prob wont.

The diddy cup, call it whatever you want but at the end of the day it was up there with any day i have had supporting the rovers since the 90s.

The seasons that you have stated that were better, 2011, really good league campaign, at the end of it though we got f**k all out of it apart fae a real sare defeat at east end. 2010, getting one round further than this years Scottish cup and finishing 7th with 11 wins, sounds a bit similiar eh? Lastly 2009, that was prob my fav season since 94/95, ending with winning the league at hampden and getting the match ball for my sons birthday, great day, great season but it was only the second div, is that no a diddy league in your eyes?

We probably won't be 9th, but we really need some points from the next two home games to make sure of that. It would be a worry if we were going into the Cowdenbeath game needing a result.

It is the diddy cup. I couldn't give a monkeys about it. It was nice to beat Rangers and win a trophy, but that's about it for me.

The seasons I stated were better, were all better, or at least as good. The highlights of this season for me have been the Scottish Cup run (but I missed the wins over Dundee and Hibs) and the league season up until November.

In 2010-2011 McGylnn won manager of the year and Baird won player of the year, and it was our first First Division title challenge for years. The EEP game and the last couple of games were hugely disappointing, but it was still a far better league campaign than this one, and we had Tade playing for us. The 2-2 draw at EEP and the 2-1 last minute win over Dundee being highlights.

In 2009-2010 we maintained our First Division status finishing 7th. We made the semi-finals of the Scottish (non-diddy) Cup, beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie and had the likes of Johnny Russell playing for us. The 2-1 victory at EEP was also a highlight.

In 2008-2009 we won the league. Not diddy at all.

This season, if it wasn't for the success in the cups it would have been a pretty poor season. We basically got to about November doing very well, and then hit a bit of trouble and the rot really set in from December onwards. However, hopefully with the away win at Alloa and the win over Rangers, we have got a bit of confidence back and can push on for 7th or even higher.

Edited by Scary Bear

Bairds goal and the scenes that followed is up there as one of my top ten Rovers moments and I've been supporting them for over 30 years.

If you can't gain pleasure from moments like that regardless of what cup they are in then maybe supporting Rovers isnt for you

The leagues not over. We could still finish anything between 4th and 9th. Let's assess it at the end of the season but if we're still in the championship and won the ramsdens and beaten Hibs on the way to a Scottish cup QF! I'd say it was a memorable and relatively successful season

We probably won't be 9th, but we really need some points from the next two home games to make sure of that. It would be a worry if we were going into the Cowdenbeath game needing a result.

It is the diddy cup. I couldn't give a monkeys about it. It was nice to beat Rangers and win a trophy, but that's about it for me.

The seasons I stated were better, were all better, or at least as good. The highlights of this season for me have been the Scottish Cup run (but I missed the wins over Dundee and Hibs) and the league season up until November.

In 2010-2011 McGylnn won manager of the year and Baird won player of the year, and it was our first First Division title challenge for years. The EEP game and the last couple of games were hugely disappointing, but it was still a far better league campaign than this one, and we had Tade playing for us. The 2-2 draw at EEP and the 2-1 last minute win over Dundee being highlights.

In 2009-2010 we maintained our First Division status finishing 7th. We made the semi-finals of the Scottish (non-diddy) Cup, beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie and had the likes of Johnny Russell playing for us. The 2-1 victory at EEP was also a highlight.

In 2008-2009 we won the league. Not diddy at all.

This season, if it wasn't for the success in the cups it would have been a pretty poor season. We basically got to about November doing very well, and then hit a bit of trouble and the rot really set in from December onwards. However, hopefully with the away win at Alloa and the win over Rangers, we have got a bit of confidence back and can push on for 7th or even higher.

What do you mean, push on for 7th? We're sitting 7th the now, I reckon we'll finish 5th but there's not a hope in hell that we'll finish 4th, 9 points behind QotS, 19 goal difference between us as well, so we're needing to find 10 points more than them out of 15, seems very unlikely to me.

I do agree with you though, I would rather be chasing the title like we were doing in November rather than settling for the cup ( first cup in 20 years mind you)...

But hopefully we can keep the likes of Moon, Baird, Cardle, Hill, Watson for next season, as the rot started this year as soon as we found out we had The Rangers in the final, can't blame the players for wanting to be a part of every players dream - play in cup final against half of the old firm.

It pains me to say it, but hopefully we get papped out that cup and the league cup early next season to allow us to focus on the league where the objective will be the same as it was this season, challenge for the play-offs

there's not a hope in hell that we'll finish 4th, 9 points behind QotS, 19 goal difference between us as well, so we're needing to find 10 points more than them out of 15, seems very unlikely to me

I agree its unlikely but yet if just three results go the right way over the next 4 days we could be sitting just 3 points behind them. Unlikely but not impossible

What do you mean, push on for 7th? We're sitting 7th the now, I reckon we'll finish 5th but there's not a hope in hell that we'll finish 4th, 9 points behind QotS, 19 goal difference between us as well, so we're needing to find 10 points more than them out of 15, seems very unlikely to me.

I do agree with you though, I would rather be chasing the title like we were doing in November rather than settling for the cup ( first cup in 20 years mind you)...

But hopefully we can keep the likes of Moon, Baird, Cardle, Hill, Watson for next season, as the rot started this year as soon as we found out we had The Rangers in the final, can't blame the players for wanting to be a part of every players dream - play in cup final against half of the old firm.

It pains me to say it, but hopefully we get papped out that cup and the league cup early next season to allow us to focus on the league where the objective will be the same as it was this season, challenge for the play-offs

Okay, I mean stay in 7th place. If we lose to Dumbarton today we'll be 9 points behind them with 4 games to go and a worse goal difference. In which case, I don't see us finishing 5th.

I'm still looking below us at the moment, but hopefully that changes after today.

Bairds goal and the scenes that followed is up there as one of my top ten Rovers moments and I've been supporting them for over 30 years.

If you can't gain pleasure from moments like that regardless of what cup they are in then maybe supporting Rovers isnt for you

The leagues not over. We could still finish anything between 4th and 9th. Let's assess it at the end of the season but if we're still in the championship and won the ramsdens and beaten Hibs on the way to a Scottish cup QF! I'd say it was a memorable and relatively successful season

I was watching on the telly, after giving my tickets away. I would never have given my tickets away if it was the Scottish Cup. I'm not sure why, but I just don't feel the love for this competition.

I liked seeing Baird score and us winning the cup, but I'm just being honest in saying it didn't mean much to me. I'd probably feel quite differently if I had gone to the final and got caught up in the euphoria of beating Rangers. Either way, it's unlikely I'm going to stop attending Starks Park of a weekend.

I'lI agree this has been a successful season if we stay in the league, which we probably (hopefully) will. Winning a cup and reaching the QFs of the Scottish Cup don't happen every season. I think I must have been spoiled by our recent success.

6th or 7th in this league is perfectly acceptable for a club like Rovers. If we could do that without the winter collapse and the fear and loathing that brings, that would be ideal.

Edited by Scary Bear

I think Moon will sign for Dundee this summer and I'd be shocked if Cardle is playing anywhere other than East End next season.

The feelgood factor could come to an abrupt halt unless we get some positive results in the league. I will get off their backs when we're safe from relegation. A diddy cup triumph won't change that.

Its this comment that I can't understand, however desperate you are to get on their backs, why can't you just wait until the end of season to see where we finish. By your reckoning we have only had 3 more seasons where we have done better in the last 20 years. Only one of those seasons we have finished higher in the league than we are at present. All those years were under McGlynn as well, which means since Jimmy Nics first spell in charge we have had 12 managers, with only McGlynn, doing better than Murray is at the moment.

You can call me a happy clapper all you want but I am pleased at how the club is getting run from the board off it to the manager on the pitch. I have sat in that south stand all season and for the last few months, when some performances and results have been pretty poor, I have heard the the likes of Murray, Cardle and Robinson get it tight, very unfairly in my opinion, but come last Sunday at Easter Rd and at night in O'Connells I saw a lot of those fans that have been the most vocal on the players backs for the last few months be among the first people to be all over the manager and players in O'Connells telling them they were legends and so on, it was quite amusing to say the least, made my night just that little bit better.

Its this comment that I can't understand, however desperate you are to get on their backs, why can't you just wait until the end of season to see where we finish. By your reckoning we have only had 3 more seasons where we have done better in the last 20 years. Only one of those seasons we have finished higher in the league than we are at present. All those years were under McGlynn as well, which means since Jimmy Nics first spell in charge we have had 12 managers, with only McGlynn, doing better than Murray is at the moment.

You can call me a happy clapper all you want but I am pleased at how the club is getting run from the board off it to the manager on the pitch. I have sat in that south stand all season and for the last few months, when some performances and results have been pretty poor, I have heard the the likes of Murray, Cardle and Robinson get it tight, very unfairly in my opinion, but come last Sunday at Easter Rd and at night in O'Connells I saw a lot of those fans that have been the most vocal on the players backs for the last few months be among the first people to be all over the manager and players in O'Connells telling them they were legends and so on, it was quite amusing to say the least, made my night just that little bit better.

It was 15 years you mentioned. If we're going to 20 years, then I can throw in another couple of seasons that were better.

This season isn't over yet.

We have finished 7th or higher in every one of our First Division campaigns since re-entering this league in 2009-2010. Finishing 7th seems to be the norm, but we're not there yet.

I don't actually get on the players backs, unless a few concerned words on here count. I'm usually not that passionate/bothered about what's happening on the park. Going to Starks is more of a social thing for me these days.

You've now quoted that comment twice. If you're that bothered about it maybe football forums aren't for you. There are a few people who are even more downbeat than I am. Have you seen Tam's post-match slaughtering of the team/manager on Fantalk?

Edited by Scary Bear

Every other season we have at least perform to our potential in the league, this season we have underachieved.

Cup was great though, can only imagine how those who chose to see the flyers fail feel.