The New Raith Rovers Thread

That we do not know. There was talk of Laidlaw carrying an injury and that he's underwent an op at the end of the season which would seem more plausible for him being dropped. The way I see it is the chances of either McGurn or Laidlaw being back to 100% fitness at the start of training is slim so bringing in Cuthbert is a shrewd move. It would just be our luck to rush Davie back to fitness and see him get injured again and find ourselves in a similar position to last season *shudders*.

To be honest I think laidlaws looks a decent prospect so hopefully will get a loan this season and return better for it

Strange how Robinson didnt want to return though

Edited by Besty

Strange how Robinson didnt want to return though

Not really, he touched on some of the stick he received in one of his interviews before, maybe decided he didn't need it.

He was also P/T and travelling from Glasgow, perhaps looking for FT & closer to home?

Edited by bobbykdy

Not really, he touched on some of the stick he received in one of his interviews before, maybe decided he didn't need it.

He was also P/T and travelling from Glasgow, perhaps looking for FT & closer to home?

Maybe Dumbarton if their doing the same as Cowden and giving a couple of players full time...not sure..

Also, if Zander doesn't return to QotS, then Robinson might end up back at queens.

Ex Accies keeper Cuthbert is looking for a team, I'd take him ahead of Robinson as back up to the Witch.

What's the point in that? Sack eating up a decent wage on a back up goalie. Laidlaw will be number 2 anyway

Agree with that.

Notice someone is saying on fantalk Spence is away on holiday to Magaluf so I wonder where that leaves him. In all honesty, I'd be happy enough if we tried to bring in Nade and look for another new forward.

TELT

Never seen that one coming, good to see we won't have a thin squad this season

Do keep up.

First there was The Witch and then there was The Cat.

http://www.raithrovers.net/14923/rovers-capture-former-accies-star.htm

I now bring you spooky news of The Witches Familiar.

http://witcheslore.com/bookofshadows/magical-creatures-bookofshadows/cat-familiar/219/

Now, for those that doubted my prediction, I'm going to start charging a fee for my wisdom unless you lot get with the programme.

Consider yourselves TELT again.

Did cuthbert get released or did he not want full time in the prem? An odd backward move but a really good one for us!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27797255

Raith Rovers have signed goalkeeper Kevin Cuthbert after he rejected the offer of a new deal at Hamilton Academical.

Ah, suggests he got some hint of first choice with us then?

Everything about this signing suggests that he'll be first choice because both McGurn and Laidlaw have some way to go. Maybe we'll have only one fit goalie for the start of the season.

That wouldn't be the most ideal way to start. Who's going to be the next unveiling when "he" gets back from holiday? As per website?

I would guess Danny Grainger as we need a left back. Good signing if it turns out to be the case.