The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's hardly bloody kneejerk is it. Keep having a go though. I never expected to win every game either. I'm like you I support Raith Rovers, it's the manner in which we lose. 10 months of utter shite isn't worrying you in the slightest, ok keep clapping pal.

There is a world of difference between being concerned about our performances in the games against bigger teams (which I am) and calling for the mangers head or trying to hand back your season ticket. The performances in our three league wins this season haven't been 'utter shite' and are actually a step up from how dreadful we were at the tail end of last season.

Anderson would've at least provided a target for hopeless high balls from the defence. As would Elliot. Of course, Anderson should've been played on the right.

We're about to enter a very crucial run of games - namely against sides of a similar standing to ourselves. Patience with Murray is thin; beating the part-time sides has given him some respite but a couple of defeats will have the knives out again.

Edited by Michael W

Paying money to watch utter shite tactics or lack of them for 10 months is whats brought this on for me.!

Grant murray hasnt got what it takes to be a championship full time manager.

He cannot change a game.

He cannot set a team up to attack

He cannot set a team up to defend or not keep a clean sheet

He has no plan b.

He has no savvy about him to admit he has been in the wrong

He cannot bring himself to slate his players when he knows theyve been rotten.

He cannot make decisons on sidelines without asking someone else first!

Oh but wait, he set a team up to win a cup game at a very poor hibs side.

Oh but wait he won us the ramsdens cup( which kept him in this job)

In 32 games he has won only 10 games that in itself is attrcocious if that was 32 games in 1 season how many of use would be screaming for him to be sacked?

Please someone tell me what he brings to raith rovers football club? Please enlighten me? And i shall accept i am wrong...

I do not expect to beat hearts dundee rangers, butni do expect a team i support to gonout and try, and fight!!! Not roll over!!! And not do the same mistakes i. All 3 games!

Please someone tell me what he brings to raith rovers football club? Please enlighten me? And i shall accept i am wrong...

The board will be waiting until it costs them a smaller amount than at present. I've no idea when he's contracted to but I think the board's priority is to make as much money as they can this season. They'll probably regard it as a bonus if we aren't relegated. If he's here until the summer of 2016 we could get relegated twice. On the plus side Smith's departure will make it easier to get rid of the other two.

ETA I've just checked and Murray is indeed under contract until 2016. Ho hum.

Edited by Beachbum

Please trust me when I tell you that this couldn't be further from the truth.

Now, armed with that information, can you please change the fucking record :lol: and stop copying and pasting from your vast spreadsheet of "Total and utter misinformed shite I can type about the board :1eye ."

Cheers.

TELT!!

:lol::lol:

Losing to livi falkirk and hibs will seal grant murrays fate. And still give us plenty time to turn things arround and not be relegated.

Any half whit can see that the players do not play for grant murray!

There is no desire no passion no fight! And can also say that about grant murray. The man doesnt remove his folded arms within the 90 minutes!

I went to starks park today, handed my season ticket in. And asked for a refund, the office staff laughed and said "what"? "Why"?

I replied, ive been sold an item under false pretense, i was promised a change from last season, a bigger squad, strength in depth and quality,

A manager who in interviews replies with the same answers," we lost silly goals and daft times and we need to lift the players now"

Well so far weve seen none of that!

Ive left all my details with the office and insisted i expect a reply from someone of importance by middle of the week!

Im not wasting anymore time effort and money on watching my beloved club go into another anelka era,! Watching it then was bad enough. I shall be joining the many others who have done the same over the last 6-12 months... And beyond to be fair, i will become a pub gillette soccer saturday supporter untill further notice!

I really hope this is just some sort of made up story, an elaborate weave in which you could make a point.

If it is true, i feel sorry for you, genuinely. Demanding a call from somebody of importance!! Jeez, I bet the office staff were very apologetic!

yes we have our problems, the football could be better but we are a million miles away from the crippling impact Anelka had on our club.

Enjoy Charlie Nic every Saturday though!

Dougie Hill wins headers. How about him?

Joking aside, do we have any forwards who are good at winning headers from long balls? It's been that long since I saw Elliot have a good game for us that I can't remember if he was good in the air. Nade isn't good in the air. That is our forward options.

Why do we play the long ball, again?

Is it just because we're shite at football?

Think the biggest concern for me and other rovers fans is that the manner in which we are losing goals or should I say giving away goals, the Managers usual scripted post match interviews and his lack of passion but overriding everything else is his win ratio since December which is truly awful, he states it's a stronger squad? I disagree ! In fact I would rather have kept the majority of last seasons squad but tinkered with in a few positions. Do we sack Murray not just yet ! Wait until we play every other team and then re-look at the situation but certainly fans are walking away 6200 at last nights game that would normally be a sellout whether live on TV or not

Realistically what is Murray meant to actually say on the clubs official website? That the players are shite and it's all his fault. Don't be so stupid. He's not going to go on and and slate the board for not giving him any cash for a massive squad is he?

There are some supporters on here that just love an actual moan. Maybe you do need to disconnect yourselves from the club for the foreseeable? It's clearly getting to you all.

Comparing the situation to Anelka is fucking lunacy again. We were getting gubbed week in week out by teams like Clyde, and celebrated a point away to fucking Airdrie.

I agree that the performances haven't been great and our league record from January onwards has been absolutely dreadful. But it's a new season. New players that have to gel into a team. It's going to take more than 5 games.

Realistically what is Murray meant to actually say on the clubs official website? That the players are shite and it's all his fault. Don't be so stupid. He's not going to go on and and slate the board for not giving him any cash for a massive squad is he?

There are some supporters on here that just love an actual moan. Maybe you do need to disconnect yourselves from the club for the foreseeable? It's clearly getting to you all.

Comparing the situation to Anelka is fucking lunacy again. We were getting gubbed week in week out by teams like Clyde, and celebrated a point away to fucking Airdrie.

I agree that the performances haven't been great and our league record from January onwards has been absolutely dreadful. But it's a new season. New players that have to gel into a team. It's going to take more than 5 games.

This.

The board employ the manager and provide him with a budget, the board set the budget to enable the club to exist, they are not stupid. They know that there will be a few shaggings along the way, this will be factored in.

To expect to win every match is Old Firm mentality, do we really have the resources, to quote an imbecile, 'if they spend five pounds, we'll spend ten'?

No we fucking don't and neither will we.

Have a good evening and don't have nightmares.

No he won't come out and slate his team but at least acknowledge when it's a poor performance instead of it was soft goals, we have to be tighter at the back,3 games later still giving away stupid goals!what do they do in training? 5 games played !do friendly games not count?

No he won't come out and slate his team but at least acknowledge when it's a poor performance instead of it was soft goals, we have to be tighter at the back,3 games later still giving away stupid goals!what do they do in training? 5 games played !do friendly games not count?

First goal was poor defending from the cross, but it was header that was unstoppable. Second one was a "soft" goal as we gave away possession, and the same for the third. Thompson for the first, fox for the second. Thompson had a horrible evening. Penalty looked soft as well from the footage in the Official website. More of a coming together, with Wallace not even going near the goal....

Why shouldn't he criticise the players in public? Plenty managers do it. I'd rather he upset the precious ego of some of the muppets in our squad than treated the fans like they are idiots by refusing to acknowledge our problems.

Regarding the new players, they won't gel because they are in the main not good enough, some of them aren't even close to being of the required standard.