The New Raith Rovers Thread

A game against a team from League One is definitely much easier than a team from the Juniors. Absolutely. Yup.

Nope.

Ah, the blundering arsehole shows himself up again. Did I say MUCH easier? Time you put some integrity and honesty into your posts.

And its your usual simplistic shite for the sake of contradiction. Stirling are well adrift at the foot of the first division and were lucky to get a draw.

Absolutely.

PS - I seem to remember Stirling being beaten 3-0 by Workington of the Northern Premier League in the Raydale Cup at the start of the season ;)

Edited by Big Berk

PS - I'm just thinking it says something marvelous about the state of our team when Junior teams are a real threat us.

I'm not sure why you think that wouldn't always be the case. There's a decent standard of football being played at the top end of the Juniors. Perfectly capable of giving most league teams a tough test.

A game against a team from League One is definitely much easier than a team from the Juniors. Absolutely. Yup.

Nope.

I'm not sure why you think that wouldn't always be the case. There's a decent standard of football being played at the top end of the Juniors. Perfectly capable of giving most league teams a tough test.

So, on the one hand a team at the foot of League One trumps Juniors....

Fine, and on the other top Juniors a tough test for most league teams... no contradiction there then... :rolleyes:

Heads I lose, tails I lose...

Maybe you should consider you might be preaching to the converted before jumping in with your lecture. In any case if thats your position shouldnt you be addressing not me but RAT Machine?

Edited by Big Berk

So, on the one hand a team at the foot of League One trumps Juniors....

Fine, and on the other top Juniors a tough test for most league teams... no contradiction there then... :rolleyes:

Heads I lose, tails I lose...

Maybe you should consider you might be preaching to the converted before jumping in with your lecture. In any case if thats your position shouldnt you be addressing not me but RAT Machine?

No particular contradiction there, any league 1 side can give any championship side a game as well, as you usually find on the opening weekend of the season.

There are decent players in the Juniors. The guy that caused us most trouble the other day had a spell at the Pars when they were higher up the leagues, and there are various others for whom their senior careers didn't work out for one reason or another that didn't necessarily mean they weren't good enough.

The differences tend not to be anything stark on any gulf in technique, but more in organisation and decision-making (which ultimately was what cost Rose their goals the other day). But that's over-the-piece, and might or might not make itself apparent in a one-off game.

No particular contradiction there, any league 1 side can give any championship side a game as well, as you usually find on the opening weekend of the season.

There are decent players in the Juniors. The guy that caused us most trouble the other day had a spell at the Pars when they were higher up the leagues, and there are various others for whom their senior careers didn't work out for one reason or another that didn't necessarily mean they weren't good enough.

The differences tend not to be anything stark on any gulf in technique, but more in organisation and decision-making (which ultimately was what cost Rose their goals the other day). But that's over-the-piece, and might or might not make itself apparent in a one-off game.

The contradiction I refer to is between you and RAT Machine - you both challenge my view from opposite positions if you're careful to read it.

Anyway, I agree that the top Juniors are a match for league sides, at least in the Second and much of the First, and I consider both Rovers and Stirling to be fortunate to be still in the Cup, going by almost unanimous reports. All this is why I said - to some contempt - that I expect Hurlford (the Junior Cup Winners) to be a more dangerous opponent than Stilring.

Edited by Big Berk

The contradiction I refer to is between you and RAT Machine - you both challenge my view from opposite positions if you're careful to read it.

Anyway, I agree that the top Juniors are a match for league sides, at least in the Second and much of the First, and I consider both Rovers and Stirling to be fortunate to be still in the Cup, going by almost unanimous reports. All this is why I said - to some contempt - that I expect Hurlford (the Junior Cup Winners) to be a more dangerous opponent than Stilring.

Were you at either the Hurlford - Stirling game or the Linlithgow - Rovers game?

Love how some Rovers fans are now turning wins into defeats. Rose played some good stuff and had a right good go at us in the first half but let's not get carried away. At no point in the ninety minutes did I think, f**k we are going out here. We had a bad day at the office but still ran out reasonably comfortable winners in the end.

So Linlithgow and Hurlford outplayed both us and Stirling yet neither won? I see a pattern here.

Another dimwit thats so desperate to be contentious he puts words in my mouth. Where did you read that LInlithgow outplayed us?

However most people - apart from the blinkered - admit that Linlithgow were the better team for most of the game. I wasnt at the Hurlford - Stirling game so I'm offering the commonly accepted verdict on that game.

Or maybe its not whats said that rattles your cage, but who says it....

If being the better team or outplaying us or whatever words people want to use to describe it means failing to get in front in the game, failing to score and losing comfortably in the end then I'd take our opponents being the better team every week.

We played very poorly on Saturday but as I said at no time did I think 'f**k, we're going out here' Having watched Rovers go out to teams below them many a time over the years then Saturday's performance ranked nowhere near those sorts of horror shows. A decent junior side raised their game against a fairly lacklustre league one side but in the end the league one side clearly won yet for some it's armageddon.

We played very poorly on Saturday but as I said at no time did I think 'f**k, we're going out here'

honestly?i and i guess many more did especially in the first half

Having watched Rovers go out to teams below them many a time over the years then Saturday's performance ranked nowhere near those sorts of horror shows.

in my many years of following the rovers its up there

A decent junior side raised their game against a fairly lacklustre league one side but in the end the league one side clearly won yet for some it's armageddon.

fairly lacklustre?it was fairly brutal in terms of football played or ability,effort,chances created.the scoreline may suggest it was comfortable when it really wasnt.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

If being the better team or outplaying us or whatever words people want to use to describe it means failing to get in front in the game, failing to score and losing comfortably in the end then I'd take our opponents being the better team every week.

We played very poorly on Saturday but as I said at no time did I think 'f**k, we're going out here' Having watched Rovers go out to teams below them many a time over the years then Saturday's performance ranked nowhere near those sorts of horror shows. A decent junior side raised their game against a fairly lacklustre league one side but in the end the league one side clearly won yet for some it's armageddon.

That's the problem right there for me though, we won this game via fitness alone and that's not acceptable.

Most "big team vs little team" games have the smaller team flying out the blocks the first 10/15 mins and having a good go of it then pretty much fading out ... For arguably 50-60 minutes we were by a country mile the worst team on that pitch, that should NEVER be the case vs a Junior side, semi-decent or not.

If Murray had set up how we should, we should have been able to withstand the original onslaught then calmly keep the ball and slow the game down a bit to our chosen tempo and controlled it from there on, instead it was like watching men vs boys, with us being the boys !

Edited by ADMO