The New Raith Rovers Thread

So that's Livvy, Dunfermline and Ayr all with managerial vacancies.

If we punt Murray now, any potential replacement will have a strong hand in negotiating a deal, or we could just stick with what we've got and hope it eventually works.

Edited by Whistle Blower

If we punt Murray now, any potential replacement will have a strong hand in negotiating a deal, or we could just stick with what we've got and hope it eventually works.

Raith Rovers 1 - 5 Livingston (One of these clubs gets rid of their manager the following week :rolleyes: )

The board are holding off for McCoist. Just to teach us to be careful what we wish for.

I would take McGlynn back to be honest. He was a man, that the majority of the support got behind.

We weren't great to watch, but we were pretty effective. At present, we aren't great to watch, and we aren't effective. If the chance to bring him back arises, i would for one be firmly behind it.

Jefferies on the other hand though? Naw.

Edited by Wardy

I would take McGlynn back to be honest. He was a man, that the majority of the support got behind.

We weren't great to watch, but we were pretty effective. At present, we aren't great to watch, and we aren't effective. If the chance to bring him back arises, i would for one be firmly behind it.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't necessarily think bringing McGlynn back would be the best thing. He was fantastic for us for 6 years and we all appreciate what he did for the club but I think as fans we've moved on from him and I would prefer a manager who at least would play some decent football. We all know we're unlikely to winning leagues so we need someone who would bring back the enjoyment of watching Rovers on a Saturday and, whilst McGlynn may make us a bit more solid, it would for me be a short term fix.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't necessarily think bringing McGlynn back would be the best thing. He was fantastic for us for 6 years and we all appreciate what he did for the club but I think as fans we've moved on from him and I would prefer a manager who at least would play some decent football. We all know we're unlikely to winning leagues so we need someone who would bring back the enjoyment of watching Rovers on a Saturday and, whilst McGlynn may make us a bit more solid, it would for me be a short term fix.

Yeah I would see it as a quick fix as well, something to give the fans a bit of hope to be honest. The malaise in the support is so evident that something like this wouldnt do us any harm whatsoever.

McGlynn done absolute miracles with what he had and I'm sure we all agree most. if not all of the fans. have nothing but respect for him, however I'm also in the boat where I wouldn't like him back ... His last season was all getting a bit stale, same old stuff, finally got figured out ...

IF (and right not it seems a massive if) we get a new manager, I would like us to stay away from all this Hearts dross, it seems we like to take their players and coaches/managers whenever possible !

I wouldn't have McGlynn back.

He did a great job of getting us back into this league and keeping us here, but he unfortunately stayed a season longer than he should've. Murray has, sadly, failed to build on McGlynn and we're still stuck in the good start/prolonged period of poor form after October cycle.

John McGlynn is a man for a club in the doldrums. He turned our football club around (almost single-handedly?), but I don't think he's the sort of manager that we need now. Tactically I don't think he's superior to Murray.

I'd like to see him back at the club in some capacity, but the likes of Ayr United would be a good fit for him. A reasonably sized town club that should really be a Championship club.

I'd take McGlynn back, without hesitation, if we had a vacancy.

But we don't, and I'm in the rapidly dwindling minority of people who don't want there to be.

The 1%? I'd be curious to hear why, Yoss - purely as I've seen nothing at all from that perspective. Always good to hear another point of view, and I think the Murray issue is perhaps the sole thing we've all agreed on, ever!

Not sure I'd take McGlynn back. He worked wonders for us, no question, but I'd prefer to see it left in the past.

We need to change the ethos at the club in terms of our style of play more than ever. As of next season, we're back to square one in terms of away crowds (taking away Hearts/Rangers/Both. We need to try to compete against the Flyers in terms of offering value for money with regards to entertainment.