The New Raith Rovers Thread

Will Rangers staying in the league enhance the new gaffer's budget by much?

I saw a tweet earlier that said the Championship clubs would be looking at about a hundred grand extra, each, with Rangers in the league.

Not quite sure how that's going to play out, it seems very arbitrary, but Rangers will certainly bring larger away supports than Motherwell would have. Might allow for another player or two in the budget, but it'll be the same (more or less) across the board.

An extra 100k would surely be worth three or even four good players for this level, if you were of the view the lot of it should be spent on the team. Granted there are Hibs and Rangers, but otherwise won't imagine there are too many on over £500 p/w atthis level.

It just shifts the curve. Everyone will have more money but it's still just the same players available, so we'll all have much the same squads we would have anyway but will have to pay them a bit more.

Getting pretty fed up sitting about waiting for news. Give me something!

giphy.gif

I know it's all for incredibly legitimate reasons, but I'm in desperate need of a new signing, or at the very least, confirmation of who else (if anyone) isn't being offered a new deal.

Hell, I'd settle for some outlandish rumours. Has anyone seen Martin Prest down the prom?

Getting pretty fed up sitting about waiting for news. Give me something!

giphy.gif

I know it's all for incredibly legitimate reasons, but I'm in desperate need of a new signing, or at the very least, confirmation of who else (if anyone) isn't being offered a new deal.

Hell, I'd settle for some outlandish rumours. Has anyone seen Martin Prest down the prom?

Was spotted with Javier Mas and Karim El Kabir getting into a Taxi outside Styx.