The New Raith Rovers Thread

The 78-84 Bukta strip was my first Rovers strip, just a tad heavier than today's tops and not nipple friendly...

Mine too, the 1978 model seemed to be made of blue hessian, by 1980 they'd progressed to a softer material which was much more forgiving on the rasp's. Incidentally my first Scotland top was of the same era and was very similar but not quite as coarse (Mibbies Umbro used better sacks than Bukta).

I also had the Rovers white trackie top and blue bottoms.

Edited by Scottydog

Benedictus did a good job for us last season. No frills but good in the air and formed a fine partnership with Ben Gordon (mind you, Ben has been so good for us that pretty much anybody could form a good partnership with him :) ). I thought Bene actually improved with the ball at his feet as the season went on although you wouldn't say that was his strong point. Should be a good signing for Raith and all the best to him.

I think I'd rather have kept Hill, if I'm honest.

Kind of agree with you there mate, i like Benedictus, did a good job for us but very similiar to Hill and what i have seen of them both would probably just pick Hill ahead of Bene mainly because in my opinion Hill is more agressive than Benedictus. Nevertheless would have taken Benedictus back this season without hesitation, a very honest player and talented defender who gave his all for us, good luck to him at Raith

Think Raith are building their team the right way, giving young guys who've failed at bigger clubs but shown enough further down the chain that they can work their way back up. Look at our promotion team, it was full of guys like that, and its much cheaper than chucking fortunes at a youth system that will be lucky to yield a handful of players.

McKinnon has signed the two best Alloa players from the game at The Glebe in the first leg of the play-off semi-finals just gone by. A new string to his bow in terms of attracting these players is that he's now in charge of a team where he can offer these players full-time football rather than part-time at Brechin. He's not been in the job long but from the outside looking in he seems to be doing well so far. I must admit McCord and Benedictus were two of the few players in our squad which I would have liked Alloa to have kept.

New home kit launched, Blue with White sleeves ... Thing about it on site @ 1pm ... Can't say I'm much of a fan of it, but the photo they have posted isn't exactly the best so I shall wait and see what other photos look like !