The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder what all the goings on behind the scenes are about. I can't imagine a kit man can make that much of a difference.

I remember John McGlynn making the point that a good kit man made a big difference to the match day process. Everyone's kit, whether used or not, prepared and available for training sessions as well as on match day. Part of a professional set-up. Plus Brian Marr was part of the match day experience.

Every manager has his own ways come match day and likes things to done a certain way, they also have their own methods during monday to friday training days with regards to kit etc.

So if gunters ways/methods were differant from what mckinnon wants and or needa then its the managers choice at the end of the day the last thing he would need is someone or thing upsetting the apple cart.

Change has been needed! The club has been under mcglynn era for too long now, yip it got us back to where we needed to be its now time for a new era to move one step onwards

Kit man is also there to shout the stuff the manager can't - pressure officials, tell players to make challenges etc.

At the Linlithgow cup game Brian never stopped all game, the ref and lino must have been deaf as some of the stuff he was shouting would have got you the jail.

At the Linlithgow cup game Brian never stopped all game, the ref and lino must have been deaf as some of the stuff he was shouting would have got you the jail.

If that's coming from the dugout the guy has to be doing what the manager wants. Sounds like an innocuous job but you can see why it needs to be the manager's guy.