The New Raith Rovers Thread

First set back of the season. Falkirk got in behind a couple of times in the first half, but poor finishing prevented them from taking the lead. We weren't great to be honest.

Regarding the red card though, the first booking was pretty soft! Baird should have been booked from leaving the studs in on Craigen as well.

Stewart's miss was definitely the game changer! Should have buried it! McCord looked off the pace, not for the first time either, but hopefully his fitness picks up with some more matches. Anderson didn't have a great game either, just not at the races at all.

Least we have a match on Tuesday night to get this one out the system!

McCord would be superb if he was fitted. Showed some excellent passes but was a bit off the pace. Craigen showed a lot more willingness to turn and run with the ball in the middle.

Really? I thought McCord was horrible today, totally of the pace and never really got going, his card was seemed to show that as well. I'd like to see Megginson on the left and Craigen in the middle if we can get another striker in or go 4-3-3 with Craigen, Callahan and A N other in there see how it goes.

Stewart really should have scored but that was nothing on Davo's miss, terrible to miss the target altogether 6 yards out and no one near him.

Was a fairly average game today, a fair result would have been the draw. The booking on Bene in the 1st half was an absolute shocking decision, considering what Baird was doing. Didn't even give Bene any warnings previous to it, can't argue with the 2nd yellow, but still should've have been on the park.

The ref I felt was very inconsistent today, would give the run of the mill fouls but wouldn't give the more serious ones (normally when trying to let the run of play go, it's the other way about haha).

The sending off changed the game, but for whatever reason, we just sat off Falkirk from that point onwards, was very poor up until the last few minutes.

Davo should've burst the back of the net with his effort at the end, that would've felt like a win if that went in I think.

For me, I'd drop Anderson for Tuesday's game, he was murder today.

And the super human that is Toshney just keeps on going, rolled his ankle again about 5mins into the game and ran it off - mental!! Also my MOTM.

McCord was noticeably less fit with Alloa last season than in his first three years. I don't think he would have got away with it under Hartley and after Lennon came in he seemed to spend a lot of time on the touchline 'encouraging' Ryan. I saw an interview with McCord after he signed with Raith where he pretty much confirmed what we thought, saying that between his college work and becoming a father that his fitness had gone backwards in the last year. As such, he is probably still catching up. He is worth persevering with though, a very talented player.

Edited by Waspie

Also, did Finnie stop the game to book one of our players for foul and abusive language towards the end? Seemed a bit ridiculous to do so. The game was raging on and we were about to go on an attack, yet he stopped the play for it.

Aye that was 1 of the strangest moments I've ever witnessed at a game of football, just stopped play and booked Callaghan I'm sure it was. Could've just seen out the attack, and waited until we scored (/ball went out of play) and then booked the player.

The best forward play happened when davo came on, thus freeing up craigen and callachan to move more forward centrally, when craigen is in the middle of the park with the ball at his feet his footwork is excelant and keeps the ball very well.!

Edited by 1RonnieCoyle