The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's a Charles Clinkard and a Clarks on the High St.

Funny thing is that I was on the High St today and neither store had a single pair of brown brogues for sale, almost as if someone had gone and bought their entire stock.

Having had a few days to think about this, part of me wishes that the board had been talking to other managers whilst Murray was still in a job. At the moment it feels like it might have been a reactionary sacking based on poor initial season ticket sales. (Which had only been running for a day!)

Surely this point of the season is really important for managers to start contacting prospective players for the next campaign. I have a gut feeling that we might either miss out on a some new players or worse lose keys players due to the delay in getting a new manager.

Of course I could be over thinking this.......

Having had a few days to think about this, part of me wishes that the board had been talking to other managers whilst Murray was still in a job. At the moment it feels like it might have been a reactionary sacking based on poor initial season ticket sales. (Which had only been running for a day!)

Surely this point of the season is really important for managers to start contacting prospective players for the next campaign. I have a gut feeling that we might either miss out on a some new players or worse lose keys players due to the delay in getting a new manager.

Of course I could be over thinking this.......

Well most of the players in the league will be contracted until the end of may. If we get a new guy in the next week and a half then that gives them some time to look at the existing team and any possible targets

Is this normally the done thing?

Can't ever remember us doing it before.

I'm tempted.

They want a brief football CV?

That is handy as my football career was very brief.

Played for the school, then 5s for a few years then got old....

They want a brief football CV?

That is handy as my football career was very brief.

Played for the school, then 5s for a few years then got old....

I had a cracking career with Spurs on FM 14.

Led them to the league and even turned Soldado into a goalscoring machine.

Might create a Brendan Rodgers type PowerPoint to seal the deal.

Although Murray was involved in the process to appoint Malpas does anyone think that there was a hidden agenda and that basically Murrays time was coming swiftly to an end. Has Malpas been involved and knew about the intended sacking? If Malpas does not put his name forward this could well be the case as there is little doubt Malpas would prefer to be in the dugout rather than his office. What do you Raith fans think?

Although Murray was involved in the process to appoint Malpas does anyone think that there was a hidden agenda and that basically Murrays time was coming swiftly to an end. Has Malpas been involved and knew about the intended sacking? If Malpas does not put his name forward this could well be the case as there is little doubt Malpas would prefer to be in the dugout rather than his office. What do you Raith fans think?

No he wasn't, Malpas was brought in by the board, Murray didn't have a clue about his involvement until they met in December.