The New Raith Rovers Thread

So did Jim Duffy and Dick Campbell, we weren't very good last season.

It took me about ten years to see Dunfermline play a competitive game against Raith Rovers due to your teams dreadful habit of being awful, it's not even been one year, as far as I'm concerned you can wait.

Can't argue with that, just with the times I seen Brechin they didn't strike me as that sort of team.

Against the Pars it was more a battle of the midfield. We occasionally showed glimpses of our wide play but it was very difficult as you packed the midfield to try and stop Jackson and Trouten dictating play. More often we resorted to trying the high ball in behind the defence .

Morton were a different kettle of fish. They tried to be more open and direct and paid the price as our wide players had a field day.

I think Ray is a good tactician and will do well with a full time squad with more time to work on the technical side.

Against the Pars it was more a battle of the midfield. We occasionally showed glimpses of our wide play but it was very difficult as you packed the midfield to try and stop Jackson and Trouten dictating play. More often we resorted to trying the high ball in behind the defence .

Morton were a different kettle of fish. They tried to be more open and direct and paid the price as our wide players had a field day.

I think Ray is a good tactician and will do well with a full time squad with more time to work on the technical side.

It pleases me to see that you have calmed down and have come to terms with things.

Perhaps now your club will earn the right to be called Fife's no 1 club !!! 8)

We are Fife's No.1 club. That's clear from our league position. We've been the number one team in Fife for a few years now.

Mckay certainly wasn't "shite". At good moments he looked to have an ability or at least a potential that was a class above, and could look like our most dangerous player. It too rarely came together though.

It took me about ten years to see Dunfermline play a competitive game against Raith Rovers due to your teams dreadful habit of being awful.

I agree, the Pars are shite. Can the new manager get in the right players and turn it around? Until then we'll be Fife's No.1. Just as we've been for the last couple of seasons. Good luck fighting it out with Cowden for second.

Mckay certainly wasn't "shite". At good moments he looked to have an ability or at least a potential that was a class above, and could look like our most dangerous player. It too rarely came together though.

He filled a jersey and crucially a starting spot that he only merited for 10% of his appearances, he was quickly 'fun oot'

Depended who we were playing. Against poor teams like Stirling he looked like Messi. He was always capable of a wee 2-3 minute cameo, even against the big teams. Needs to add more to his game.

Surprised at Malpas going. I had assumed that the reason we seemed to be trawling the lower leagues for a manager was because there was more chance of finding someone who was willing to work with him there.

I'll be a bit disappointed if we still end up with Mid Table McKinnon now that the new manager will have free reign. Surely we could have aimed higher than him?

I said it before and I'll say it again about him - McKay is a playground footballer. Has good skills and looks flashy, but can seldom hack it in a real game. No defensive attributes at all, a complete lack of vision and loses the ball more often than doing something constructive with it. Too often we ended up under pressure for reasons directly linked to him.

That his loan wasn't terminated immediately after the Falkirk game and he continued to get game time is a mystery. Money wasted, pure and simple.

I said it before and I'll say it again about him - McKay is a playground footballer. Has good skills and looks flashy, but can seldom hack it in a real game. No defensive attributes at all, a complete lack of vision and loses the ball more often than doing something constructive with it.

^^Ricki Sbragia IMHO

It took me about ten years to see Dunfermline play a competitive game against Raith Rovers due to your teams dreadful habit of being awful, it's not even been one year, as far as I'm concerned you can wait.

Can't argue with that, just with the times I seen Brechin they didn't strike me as that sort of team.

That was my only concern about Ray as manager 2 0 up in countless games and ended up drawing due to losing injury time goals ! We were pumping teams last year but nvr really scored more than 2 goals ! He had us playing well enough though! He ll do alright for yous !