The New Raith Rovers Thread

Delighted if we get Ryan McCord, exactly the midfielder we need. Experienced, quickness of thought, can pick a pass and If we surround him with the right folk then lack of pace means little.

Anderson, Petrie and Callachan( to an extent) have all got pace going for them. So if McCords going to be the Creative Midfielder then we can Live with the fact that he doesn't have pace.

To be fair, we can't be sure we'll be playing a mcGlynn/Murray-eque 4-4-2 under McKinnon, we'll have to wait to see what players are signed to try and divine what type of formation we end up going for.

thank god the bomb scare that is hill is gone.

Define what you mean by Bombscare? A few red cards? He's a f*cking CB. Our defence looked a lot more solid with Hill in it. We were absolutely awful up until December which is when Hill replaced the 'Bombscare' Perry, then we go on an unbeaten run( 9 games? I think) playing some decent football. He gets dropped for Barr, we still look not too bad to start off with which is when the Vaughan/Stewart partnership began to blossom. Then comes the point the last few games of the season, where we start conceding goals like their going our of fashion. Barr was part of that defence. Hill > Barr

Best centre back since Shaun Dennis

Aye, agreed.

I used to enjoy watching him contest aerial balls. Often worth the admission money alone.

Funny when you'd see strikers either not bothering going up with him or going mental at whoever fired the ball at them after they'd taken a clattering.

Aye, agreed.

I used to enjoy watching him contest aerial balls. Often worth the admission money alone.

Funny when you'd see strikers either not bothering going up with him or going mental at whoever fired the ball at them after they'd taken a clattering.

Is that Shaun or Sparky ?

Sponsored Sparky a few years back, he even offered to give me a lift up to games. He had time for a bleather with me at his brothers wedding, top bloke and mental to boot, once saw him head butting the wall outside the Campbeltown Bar in Ayr.

My dad had Shaun in front if him a few times, when he was a JP, strange how he always got fined and never jailed ????

Is that Shaun or Sparky ?

Sponsored Sparky a few years back, he even offered to give me a lift up to games. He had time for a bleather with me at his brothers wedding, top bloke and mental to boot, once saw him head butting the wall outside the Campbeltown Bar in Ayr.

My dad had Shaun in front if him a few times, when he was a JP, strange how he always got fined and never jailed

I was meaning Sparky but it could easily apply to big Shaun as well.

Two excellent CBs.

Gutted Hill's away. Not too fussy about the others. Don't know anything about Petrie so i'll wait to actually see him rather than listen to other teams fans thoughts on him and McCord has impressed when I've seen him so happy with that

Notice McKinnon saying at the end of the piece about McCord that he will compliment the younger players he is bringing in. Wonder who these players could be?

He could just be referring to Petrie and McAusland. If you add Callachan and even Matthews to the mix we will have a young midfield.

Well the club gave pro forms to 4 of the youth team along with Vaughan and Callachan. For me this is the most satisfying thing to bring through home grown talent. We need to get a production line going ad the benefits are plentiful.