The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've been waiting for that draw away from home for ages. One of the last 6 grounds I need to get too.

Weird. I have six to go with the Pars including Albion Rovers. Should get three of them this season though.

As for Grant's posts, he's right. To most people, we're a bigger club than the Rovers. It's only the past two seasons that we've finished behind you guys since I started following football in the mid to late 90s.

It is a rather meaningless thing though, so I don't see why it annoys people so much. You're clearly a better team than us just now anyway.

Weird. I have six to go with the Pars including Albion Rovers. Should get three of them this season though.

As for Grant's posts, he's right. To most people, we're a bigger club than the Rovers. It's only the past two seasons that we've finished behind you guys since I started following football in the mid to late 90s.

It is a rather meaningless thing though, so I don't see why it annoys people so much. You're clearly a better team than us just now anyway.

Your fault for not following it sooner then :P

In the cup we've a poor record against the wee Rovers during my time of supporting Raith. The infamous Fat Mark game at Sp was bad enough but my 1st ever away game in the supporters club was at Cliftonhill circa 1976/77. Scottish cup 3rd round us div 1 and them div2. Freezing cold pissing rain and pumped oot the cup beaten 1-0 courtesy of a Bernie Slaven goal.

I do remember both Keith Wright and Paul Smith hitting hat-tricks in a 6-0 league demolition of them at Coatbridge too though.

Edited to add I've only to see Rovers at Annan, Elgin and New St Mirren park for my full set.

Edited by Scottydog

Grounds I've not been to in senior football:

Stair Park

Cliftonhill

New St.Mirren park

Galabank

Borough Briggs.

Hopefully tick off St.Mirren this season, so 4 from 42 since 1995 ain't that bad..(I know, glory hunter ;) )

I'm a complete novice with 14 still to go (Celtic, Dundee United, ICT, Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, Albion Rovers, Forfar, Peterhead, Stranraer, Annan, Arbroath, Elgin and Montrose) :thumbsdown

St Mirren will be off the list this season though.

Edited by rw89

I've been to all 41, generally on multiple occasions for all bar a couple of them, but there are seven I've not seen Raith play at. Eight if I'm not allowed to count a pre-season friendly.

No wonder hardly any of us have been to Elgin, Rovers have never played them there in a competive fixture! 15 years in the senior set up and we have played them once, 10 years ago! Mental. Just one of those teams we never seem to face.

It's funny how many people on this deem players "not good enough" that then move on to bigger and better things. It's happened for a good few years now. Davidson, Dyer, Conroy, possibly Paul Watson and now Nade to name a few. All the best to Christian if he accepts the deal, great move for him.