The New Raith Rovers Thread

We have a 6+ ft striker coming in for a trial next week, currently playing in Scandinavia..

He was on trial with Chelsea in 2012.

McKinnon has mentioned that he's already focusing on the future. If he's looking at a winger to be part of his long term plans.. Then where's the harm in that? He's already mentioned several times that we will definitely see an out and out striker come in by the end of the transfer window.. It's still over a week away. I would rather he was spending time looking at players for next season at the minute as well instead of waiting till the end of August and finding out we're still short in some areas and resorting to bring in players like Daly and Robertson.

Problem with that being is that we are short up front again for Saturday. Although at least with Stewart back fit and Anderson available again we should not be short of pace up top.

Edited by renton

I think the biggest issue is the lack of any strikers around.

We've made a move for Sutton and that didn't come off. you only have to look back the last 10 pages of this thread and you'll see that there is very little kicking about.

Cam someone send Derek Riordan an invite on LinkedIn. Just in case.

Get Spencey back from Cowdenbeath. Then he'll be there to miss all those chances. Why do I feel like having a cheeky Nandos?

Possibly a Spencey and Deek dream team? Make it happen, Ray.

We have a 6+ ft striker coming in for a trial next week, currently playing in Scandinavia..

He was on trial with Chelsea in 2012.

McKinnon has mentioned that he's already focusing on the future. If he's looking at a winger to be part of his long term plans.. Then where's the harm in that? He's already mentioned several times that we will definitely see an out and out striker come in by the end of the transfer window.. It's still over a week away. I would rather he was spending time looking at players for next season at the minute as well instead of waiting till the end of August and finding out we're still short in some areas and resorting to bring in players like Daly and Robertson.

Scandinavian Striker. Tall. Previously had a trial with a massive club.

Unless it's Taylor Morgan I'm almost jealous.

Is he not currently robbing a team in League 1? Airdrie rings a bell..

Think he had his loan cut short a week or so back.

I'd take Connolly if possible from what I've seen.

Looked quite lively in some spells when appeared from United, although a lot of the time it was from the bench.

Maybe a run in a team where he will get more game time might do him the world of good.

From what I recall, that was his best era.

Now, what about this footballer. Looks to be the same height as his dad, so a bit short in the arse. Is he as good at playing football as his dad was?

He's actually even smaller than his dad, and not as good. He's got decent potential though - good technique and great energy. Constantly running around and trying to get involved. Unfortunately when you're the size of an ant you need to be really exceptional to make it at the top level and he's not. Too easy knocked off the ball and not fast enough to get away from an opponent.

He's not currently good enough for the Premiership (and may never be) but I would have been happy for United to have kept him to see whether he can cut it with us in the Championship next year.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Report from another Arab says, ironically, that he'd sign Connolly, and is more concerned that they are releasing what might be very good championship players when they look set to be there for a few seasons themselves.

Yeah a few Arabs I know saying exactly the same thing. Just now he's not good enough for Premier but neither were a number of the Hearts players 2 years ago and look at them now.

If bringing in him stops us signing an actual striker then we shouldn't do it but if we can have both then I'm all for it.

Report from another Arab says, ironically, that he'd sign Connolly, and is more concerned that they are releasing what might be very good championship players when they look set to be there for a few seasons themselves.

Eh, we're not planning on staying for more than one season. It's nice to go travelling but it's also nice to get back to your own bed. Edited by Pull My Strings