The New Raith Rovers Thread

Every Utd fan I've spoken to have all said the same thing. He's young and currently not good enough and too inconsistent for the Premiership but should do a good job in the Championship. Most would also have kept him for their impending relegation to here next season. He's fast and tricky and is exactly the type of wide player we've been missing. Having him, Longridge, Anderson and Megginson all available going forward is actually very exciting. If we could get Vaughan back within the next 6 weeks and get a good striker in who can find the back of the net we could really kick on.

It certainly doesn't seem like the end to signings so here's hoping that illusive striker (who can actually score goals) finds his way here.

Every Utd fan I've spoken to have all said the same thing. He's young and currently not good enough and too inconsistent for the Premiership but should do a good job in the Championship. Most would also have kept him for their impending relegation to here next season. He's fast and tricky and is exactly the type of wide player we've been missing. Having him, Longridge, Anderson and Megginson all available going forward is actually very exciting. If we could get Vaughan back within the next 6 weeks and get a good striker in who can find the back of the net we could really kick on.

It certainly doesn't seem like the end to signings so here's hoping that illusive striker (who can actually score goals) finds his way here.

Sounds a bit like cardle

The exact opposite of Ray McKinnon's view:

"I am absolutely over the moon to have signed a player of Aidans calibre."

Disappointing that McKinnon didn't use the word quality, can't be feeling quite right.

Connolly looked promising on the few occasions I saw him play, potential to bring some more creativity to the Raith team.

Disappointing that McKinnon didn't use the word quality, can't be feeling quite right.

Connolly looked promising on the few occasions I saw him play, potential to bring some more creativity to the Raith team.

He did use the word creative.

A delighted manager said: “I am absolutely over the moon to have signed a player of Aidan’s calibre.

“He will certainly be a valuable addition to our squad.

“Aidan is a very creative player and he will gives us something extra.

“I think it is great that the club has been able to attract someone as talented as him.”

I saw Connolly for QP a few years back and he got MOTM in a team featuring Paul McGinn and Andy Robertson IIRC. He was outstanding.

He is however Stevie Murray levels of small. I'd be surprised if he was in adult shirts yet. Although that suits his tricky wing play quite well.

There was a picture a few years back of his shirt hung beside Ciersniak's in the United dressing room. That was astounding. It must've been half the size.

I saw Connolly for QP a few years back and he got MOTM in a team featuring Paul McGinn and Andy Robertson IIRC. He was outstanding.

He is however Stevie Murray levels of small. I'd be surprised if he was in adult shirts yet. Although that suits his tricky wing play quite well.

There was a picture a few years back of his shirt hung beside Ciersniak's in the United dressing room. That was astounding. It must've been half the size.

Only 5'4 apparently according to Wikipedia.

Only 5'4 apparently according to Wikipedia.

That would be about right, I'll see if I can find the shirt picture...

BZxw4udIIAAl_mZ.jpg

Here we go it was beside Mark McCallum's top, silly me misremembering that crucial detail!

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

That would be about right, I'll see if I can find the shirt picture...

BZxw4udIIAAl_mZ.jpg

Here we go it was beside Mark McCallum's top, silly me misremembering that crucial detail!

Who needs quick feet when you can just run between a defenders legs...