The New Raith Rovers Thread

We had the second highest crowd last night which which pretty good considering how many away fans were at the game.

Also 567 more than the now wee team from East End Park who only had a mere 1107 at their game... :D

Edited by Willie Gray Ate My Hamster

So it looks like Dougie will be out for the majority of the season, if not the whole season. What a shitemare, for him and the team. Imagine signing a new full-time deal then BANG this happens. Awful.

Please for the love of CHRIST do we not get any more long term injuries this season. :angry:

My link

He's expected to be out for several months which I suppose is better than many of us thought at first but still not good. Hopefully for him he makes a quick recovery.

I expect us to loan a defender in the next week as I can't imagine Campbell will be back anytime soon either. :(

My link

He's expected to be out for several months which I suppose is better than many of us thought at first but still not good. Hopefully for him he makes a quick recovery.

I expect us to loan a defender in the next week as I can't imagine Campbell will be back anytime soon either. :(

Dougie Hill is a Cowden legend and Hall of Famer and I was gutted to learn of his serious injury. Hope you make an early and complete recovery Dougie and all the very best mate.

I was gutted last night, for him and for us. All the best to him and hopefully he's back before the end of the season.

We're after the transfer deadline, so any loans would be emergency loans limited to 93 days - ie not as far as the next transfer window, so there's nothing to be gained by bringing someone in before we actually need them. Also depends whether we've got the money, of course.

If we have to make do with the current squad then so be it. I'm comfortable with Davidson at centre-back, at least if Simmons and Walker are both fit to play in midfield, but I'd be loathe to start pissing about with Ferry just when he's secured his spot in midfield and doing so well with it. Otherwise we make do with the kids - at least this season I expect us to be clear, or clearer, of the relegation scrap which means we can blood them in a less pressurised situation. There was no point in keeping the likes of Wedderburn at all if we aren't going to use him this season.

I'd play Wedderburn ahead of Davidson at centre back, there's basic laws that Davidson just doesn't seem to be able to keep to that make him a bit of a bombscare back there. Your shortcomings can't be covered up with hard work if you're a defender, so he's a big no-no for me. He's there if need be I guess, but I wouldn't be expecting any clean sheets if he was playing.

I'd much rather Ferry didn't have to go back there either, as mentioned he's finally nailed down a place in midfield so it'd be a huge shame for him to have to give it up, and we'd likely be relying on the untested McBride to perform in midfield.

Simmons should only be used in desperate situations where have no other options. I'd say it's unlikely he'll end up there but this is the Rovers we're talking about, and we had more defenders last time round yet he still ended up there.

So to sum up, I'd like to think McGlynn has a back-up player in mind (if the money's there, I suppose), just in case. As Yoss says, there's no need to bring one in now with the rules as they are, but all it takes against Ross County is for Ellis to pull a hamstring (hardly unheard of) and Davidson to get sent off (hardly unheard of) and we're knee deep in shit. Before yesterday I'd have said if any money was available we should look for a right sided midfielder to let Walker into the middle but priorities change.

Most importantly though I hope Dougie has a speedy recovery, he's only been a pro footballer for a couple of months and this happens. Absolutely gutted for him.

Dougie is kinda fortunate in a strange kinda way.I required an emergency op when I suffered a similar injury eg a comminuted displaced fracture of the Talus playing football,spent 4 months in plaster, non weight bearing and a further year and half on crutches, non weight bearing.Still fucked to this day

I think a PA reporter said that Dougie would be out for around 3 months after speaking to McGlynn so I hope that's true, rather than 'the majority of the season'.

Ah, might not be so bad then, hope you're right.

Willie Dyer broke his ankle in March and seemed to be perfectly okay to start pre-season three months or so later.

I really can't see the benefit in throwing in an untested reserve player in ahead of someone with far more experience. We should be looking to bring Wedderburn in during the latter stages of games (injuries permitting). To throw him in at the deep end proved costly last year in two games (Morton away and Pars at home). While I accept the lad may develop his game, I still think Davo would be a better choice over the 90 minutes.

Give Wedderburn his chance.

I agree! Better have a natural centre half in there rather than a defensive midfielder. Wedderburn did fairly well when asked last season and gas plenty of pace plus he can jump higher than davo.

I have to say I completely disagree with that. Craig wedderburn is not good enough to play any football at first division level for any club. I know personally he gets exposed by any good player at u19 level and the only reason he got a game/ contract is because he is 6 5' and looks dominant against an 18year old striker. Simply he is a player that is making up the numbers in the reserves and would put a lot of money on him being given no game time soon. Just like brycey ( remember the boy who many thought should be playing every week at second division level but got released for being murder! ) I would be surprised if he was kept on next season... unless again to make up the numbers.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Partick-Thistle-could--be.6513093.jp?

Can any Raith Rovers fan please confirm our chairman is talking shite when he says this regarding your part time/full time status...

"Look at Raith Rovers, who are deservedly sitting at the top of the league just now. I think they have only nine full-time players, with the rest part-time."

It is indeed shite. Mark Campbell, Davie McGurn, Andy McNeil and Mark Ferry are part-time. Fourteen full-timers, four part-timers, and the youth squad to back up if need be.

Edited by Paco

http://sport.scotsma. ..-be.6513093.jp?

Can any Raith Rovers fan please confirm our chairman is talking shite when he says this regarding your part time/full time status...

"Look at Raith Rovers, who are deservedly sitting at the top of the league just now. I think they have only nine full-time players, with the rest part-time."

:lol: Yes he's talking guff.