The New Raith Rovers Thread

If there's money kicking around I'd question why we're chasing a striker when we don't have a right winger. A striker could become an issue in January if Mole doesn't extend the loan deal, but right now we don't really need one. Which isn't to say Wales isn't a good player, and if he does sign I'm sure he'll do very well for us.

Great news about Campbell playing for the reserves, hopefully it won't be too long before the big man is back in contention for the first team.

Very different players, but I'd leave Tadé where he is, why change it when he's doing so well? Maybe Wales would play wide instead.

Dunno. As ever, I trust McGlynn's judgement. I seem to remember when we signed Simmons we didn't really think we needed another midfielder, but he was evidently thinking longer term and signing up a good player while he was available. It's not impossible that Weir, as well as Mole, might not be with us come January.

Very different players, but I'd leave Tadé where he is, why change it when he's doing so well? Maybe Wales would play wide instead.

Dunno. As ever, I trust McGlynn's judgement. I seem to remember when we signed Simmons we didn't really think we needed another midfielder, but he was evidently thinking longer term and signing up a good player while he was available. It's not impossible that Weir, as well as Mole, might not be with us come January.

Tade wide right could drag midfielders out of place when he is running at them. How many teams have strong physical left-backs in this league? Much like right backs, there is a distinct lack of quality in those two positions. Wales was similar to Tade when he played with us as he would drag players about and free up space for others

Tadé generally puts in a good performance playing up front, but we all know he's not liable to score us many goals. Whilst Baird seems to suit playing alongside Tadé, I don't see any reason why a hypothetical partnership with Wales would see him suffer. Gary Wales offers a better goal threat than Tadé, and I remember his link up play being pretty damn good too. I think he and Baird would compliment each other's game excellently, as both are good at linking up and both can finish pretty well.

As has been mentioned, it really is a right midfielder that should be the priority. I like the idea of playing Tadé there, but I'm not sure if if the ideology behind it would translate well into reality. What is unquestionable, is that we lack width - the only width we have in the team is from the full backs, and this causes problems when one or both of them has a poor game.

Tadé has barely lost a header all season playing up front, and given the occasional directness of our play, it would seem daft to move him. In McGlynn we trust though, and if indeed there is an opportunity sign Wales I'd be all for it.

Great news about Campbell. biggrin.gif Anyone know if he came through his runout ok?

I see Kevin Smith scored in extra time at Molineux tonight. Anyone know how he's been getting on?

[/

Been getting used sparingly as far a I have seen but did score a winner in a match a couple of weeks I recall.

On a side note I need a favour, I notice on fantalk (I am not registered) there maybe a few seats going from a bus leaving styx. I know a few people post on this site and fantalk and wondered if anyone can pm details to get in touch with the organiser of said bus??

Hopefully thanks in advance.

I see Kevin Smith scored in extra time at Molineux tonight. Anyone know how he's been getting on?

I've tended to keep an eye on him, he's made an appearance in every match since scoring the winner at Watford. He scored an injury time equaliser in a 3-3 draw with Bournemouth and started the last couple of matches on the back of it - didn't score though and was dropped to the bench last night, but got his goal to set up an exciting finish. Overall seems to be doing quite well.

They're quite small made this year, most folk I know who got it had to buy a size up.

Correct, which is made all the more odd given it is the same manufacturer both years.

Surely a small should be a standard size by Puma as should a medium etc. What the hell are they playing at?