The New Raith Rovers Thread

The difference at Falkirk when we got Jase on the park was unreal, really highlighted what we had been missing with Bates at RB. Young David will be a terrific centre half, I'm certain of it, but the difference between him and Thomson at full back was night and day.

Jason Thomson must have a pretty good win record this season... Obviously there are various contributing factors to our recent good form but I think the impact he has on us and the way we play can be overlooked. I'd go as far as say he is our most underrated player.

Rangers don't count but we have not lost a game where Craig Barr has been involved.... Our good run coincides with his return Edited by Geordie_Munrover

I think this is very much good practice for next season. Ray has been signing next seasons squad early doors and knows what he wants. A strong finish will have loads of benefits even if it does end in playoff defeat.

Good foundation s ate being laid here.

We finished 6th last year. Almost an extra £85k in prize money for finishing 4th - the difference that money could make to the squad is significant.

Not to mention the at lest one extra home game plus any TV money.

Don't expect a bonanza from the play offs. The SPFL take a huge chunk before you split it, in order to pay for parachute payments.

Also, I don't think TV is paid separately for play offs as it's already combined in the existing deal, like say the Alba games.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Edit, rule C26, I'll leave the actual amount as a surprise for you...

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

See Drysdale has came out in the Courier explaining the reasoning behind offering Rangers all of the main stand. The crux of it is to basically generate more dosh to pay medical bills (I think that was already touched upon earlier in the thread mind you) and the fact our crowds haven't been great. So bang goes everyone thinking this dosh would be going towards the playing budget. Interestingly the bottom of the article states the club hope the game will be a sell out (no chance unless we're letting Rangers fans in the South Stand as well) and that there will be no tickets on sale on the day of the game....heard that one before.

As mentioned by Ray countless times this season, if we get to the playoffs then it's a bonus.... I imagine the board think the same. So now would be a great time to experiment with the gate price. All the fans who are complaining about the ticket prices let's put them to the test. As mentioned earlier the minimum price a club can charge for a play off game is something like £12 is it not? So I say they rovers reduce the price of the home playoff tie and let's see if more people turn up to support the club.... You never know we might be able to sell out the home end

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

As mentioned by Ray countless times this season, if we get to the playoffs then it's a bonus.... I imagine the board think the same. So now would be a great time to experiment with the gate price. All the fans who are complaining about the ticket prices let's put them to the test. As mentioned earlier the minimum price a club can charge for a play off game is something like £12 is it not? So I say they rovers reduce the price of the home playoff tie and let's see if more people turn up to support the club.... You never know we might be able to sell out the home end

Rangers charged £5 for a home playoff game last year.. Edited by Rovers1992/1993

50% of gross takings is absolutely incredible. Before VAT, lighting, stewards, police, etc is paid for.

Rovers will do well to make anything on a Wednesday night match, particularly with the way Fife Police will undoubtedly overreact.

Unless the TV deal has any impact? I imagine it all just goes into the pot though.

The 80k or so difference between finishing 4th and 5th will help soften the blow, right enough.

Edited by Paco

There you go then... I reckon £12-£15.

Also if by the last home game (Falkirk) we are guaranteed the 4th spot, they should do a deal..... Falkirk game/playoff game bundle to try maximise the crowd for both games

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

See Drysdale has came out in the Courier explaining the reasoning behind offering Rangers all of the main stand. The crux of it is to basically generate more dosh to pay medical bills (I think that was already touched upon earlier in the thread mind you) and the fact our crowds haven't been great. So bang goes everyone thinking this dosh would be going towards the playing budget. Interestingly the bottom of the article states the club hope the game will be a sell out (no chance unless we're letting Rangers fans in the South Stand as well) and that there will be no tickets on sale on the day of the game....heard that one before.

Virtually becoming a season on season statement

We,ve nae money.

Money is tight for wee clubs like us and likely to be tighter still as a wedge of cash will also be needed to repair the drainage issues at SP over the summer.

To be honest we are punching well above our weight. Like Morton, QotS and sometimes St Mirren we have home crowds of sub 2000 but unlike all of those clubs we do not enjoy the benefit of several wealthy board members.

Unless we can get about another 500 (minimum) through the turnstiles we will be lucky just to stay where we are never mind progress further.

Money is tight for wee clubs like us and likely to be tighter still as a wedge of cash will also be needed to repair the drainage issues at SP over the summer.

To be honest we are punching well above our weight. Like Morton, QotS and sometimes St Mirren we have home crowds of sub 2000 but unlike all of those clubs we do not enjoy the benefit of several wealthy board members.

Unless we can get about another 500 (minimum) through the turnstiles we will be lucky just to stay where we are never mind progress further.

Do you have any other income?.We could not stay full time on the attendance we get.At Queens we hire Palmy out and have the Queens Arena which has 2 indoor 7 aside pitches and units inside the arena we lease out.

We made close to £100,000 from the piitch hire and the arena last season.

Do you have any other income?.We could not stay full time on the attendance we get.At Queens we hire Palmy out and have the Queens Arena which has 2 indoor 7 aside pitches and units inside the arena we lease out. We made close to £100,000 from the piitch hire and the arena last season.

This year we'll finish fourth, that's as good as it gets.