The New Raith Rovers Thread

Amazing how we fianlly have a midfielder close to 10 goals this season, and few rate him as a player.

Craigen has eight at the moment. Conroy scored nine last season, and Cardle scored eight the season before that.

Not that I'm playing down Craigen, he's a good player... just saying.

Craigen has eight at the moment. Conroy scored nine last season, and Cardle scored eight the season before that.

Not that I'm playing down Craigen, he's a good player... just saying.

Conroy scored 9 but 5/6 of them were penalties. Cardle on the other hand has been a massive loss since he left..

People didn't take to him though because of his background.

The thing about Craigen is that he is a bit of shite bag anyway when it comes to a 50/50. I can see the south stand blowing a gasket if/when he does that in a play off against his new employers.

I'd have no problem with him playing if it's right for the team. Probably take him off penalties though, would be better for everyone if that scenario was avoided. Give them to Harry.

I wouldn't be giving them to Harry after he missed his last one.

Hardie or Connolly for me.

Exactly and only 1 of them has came from the penalty spot as well..

We'll miss him a lot more than people think next season.

He scored against Queen of the South and Morton with penalties.

Conroy scored 9 but 5/6 of them were penalties. Cardle on the other hand has been a massive loss since he left..

People didn't take to him though because of his background.

Must have been watching a different Cardle.

He couldn't beat the first man with a corner on an empty pitch.

I've heard that this mystery trialist is a French midfielder who is apparently sh*t hot! He's a free agent but played for Leon a couple of years ago.....apparently he's been a cut above the rest at training. He's off on Friday to Hamilton for a trial and then Dumbarton.... If he's as good as what I've heard then I hope we can offer him a deal for next season

I was thinking about the Craigen situation too.

I don't doubt the boy's integrity one bit but if he was facing a clear conflict of interest it'd be in the best interests of both the player and the club to keep him out of those games.

Tough one.

Slightly similar situation, but we agreed a PCA with Joe Shaughnessy last season. In the final game of the season we played Aberdeen and he started for them. A win would put us into Europe.

Shaughnessy had a stormer and screamed a forty yarder off the crossbar  :lol:

Not saying Craigen would do the same, but most players seem fairly loyal until their actual move

Slightly similar situation, but we agreed a PCA with Joe Shaughnessy last season. In the final game of the season we played Aberdeen and he started for them. A win would put us into Europe.

Not saying Craigen would do the same, but most players seem fairly loyal until their actual move

Yeah I reckon so.

Going back a few years, John Baird scored a couple of goals against us for Airdrie after he'd already signed a PCA with us (although I don't think that had yet been made public). We weren't yet safe from relegation at the time.

I scored a hattrick against my own team after being loaned to a team who had only ten men because I hadn't been going to training.

That was U-16 but I guess the point I'm making is that once you are on the pitch instinct kicks in and the natural determination to win rules over everything. I reckon that'd be the exact same with Craigen but the situation to play him or not is the very epitome of the word 'dilemma'!

Is it just me or does anybody else fancy third place?

I didn't want to say anything until after the match last night but with Hibs still to play Rangers as well it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Let's just get this Saturday's match out the way first though. A win would put Hibs under real real pressure going into a couple of tricky games for them. Plus if Utd beat them in the semi's what will their state of mind be?

No from a selfish point of view. I've booked in a half day holiday from work on the Tuesday as I'm Backshift so finish at 6 to get down to Starks, if the games moved I'll likely not make either game as I'm away to wedding on the Saturday.