The New Raith Rovers Thread

Our normal season ticket early bird is what £230 just for league games now £240 or £270 for the cup games. So minimum of 3 games if we get knocked out in each cup first round and all at home. It's great they also have the pay monthly scheme. Gets them regular income while making it more affordable for people. Plus bring the prices out before the playoffs while the interest is there. Well played I say.

Well you get guarantees ticket to pretty much all games.

I doubt there will be a struggle to get a seat in the home end next season. It does save anyone the hassle of going to the ground to buy a ticket though which is something.

Overall I'd say the pricing structure is a tad expensive and we'll struggle to shift more than 600-700 tickets this time.

The introduction of the student is very good, I for one will be purchasing that.

In regards to the monthly payment scheme, the club receive the payment up front and the fan pays the money to a finance company

It's a bit of a hike in the early-bird prices (which I imagine most ST holders purchase). £220 last season got all matches except Scottish Cup, whereas for 18 league games this time it's £240. Admittedly last season's early bird ended up working out at £10.50 a game which is cheap in anybody's book - probably too cheap, in fairness.

£240 is £13.33 per match, and based on a pessimistic 21 matches for the premium ticket it would be £12.80 per match - neither total including friendlies (if they'll even exist now we get the joys of Hamilton u20's and Aberystwyth Town in the Challenge Cup).

So yeah, a bit of an increase but I don't think it's an unreasonable one. 

Kudos regarding the monthly plan, not sure how many will take it up but people on Fantalk have moaned for that for years and now it's here. And I'm glad to see the debit card charge go, there was no call for that in this day and age. 

Hope the board get a good uptake and a big help towards the budget for next season. 

Well I'll be going for the Premium ticket, it's great value. At a minimum of 21 games, it's £12.85 a game. And obviously if we're in more home Cup games, that average cost will go down.

Superb that the Club have taken into consideration about the monthly payment option, maybe entice more fans to take up a ST with that option... And also if your at Uni or College with the student option (maybe had that this year but was only the bridge between 16 and 19, wasn't it?).

Anyway, nice one Rovers!

Premium Season Ticket! Now there'll be Real Fans (season ticket holders) and Real Real Fans (premium season ticket holders).

Need a new name for them. Superior Fans had a nice ring to it.

Season ticket pricing looks okay to me. After the last few months I'm not going to grumble about the increase.

We have done well this season - middle third apart - so you'd like to think season ticket sales will be fairly strong.

I'd imagine the problem for the club will be trying to encourage new fans, or even the mythical occasional fans, back to Stark's Park.

At £18 a pop that may be difficult. However, if we keep winning and scoring loads of goals then it's certainly possible. More so, if we somehow find ourselves in the Premiership.

Walk up prices will increase irrespective of what league were in so think the season ticket pricing structure is good

This

Plenty options for fans that cover different bases.

Very well structured and thought out, kudos to the club for listening to the fans. 

Carpe Diem.

Until recently (fairly recently) I was in the "don't want to go up SPL" camp as I was (and still am) of the opinion that in general it is a garbage league and one in  that we would most likely struggle and fail. 

However if we take into account the fact the Ray McKinnon clearly isn't Iain Munro and that we have some solid players signed for next season and probably some exceptional options coming on loan from the Clubs we have agreements with for next season, then there is at least some small cause for optimism should it come to pass.

Financially I initially thought it'd be bad news to get promoted but perhaps it'd be more lucrative than if we stayed put. This season we are guaranteed £274K for 3rd and possibly £337K in the unlikely but not entirely impossible event that we overhaul Hibs.  

If promoted, even if we finished bottom on the SPL we would receive £949K for 12th place plus a parachute payment of £500k the 1st season we went down and a further £250k the 2nd season.

Conversely if (as generally expected) we're not promoted we would be facing a 2016/17 Championship potentially containing Dundee Utd, Hibs, Falkirk, St Mirren, Dunfermline and Morton all of which would with their bigger budgets be trying to prevent us from getting that same £275K for 4th place or better.

So IMO as Horace said "go for it Neebs"

Edited by Scottydog

Must have been watching a different Cardle.

He couldn't beat the first man with a corner on an empty pitch.

Genuine question, why not put someone else on the corners? He was on them for us at the start of the season and we've put other players on them now.

Yeah I reckon so.

Going back a few years, John Baird scored a couple of goals against us for Airdrie after he'd already signed a PCA with us (although I don't think that had yet been made public). We weren't yet safe from relegation at the time.

Also, Steven Bell scored, and played tremendous against us after he'd signed a PCA and similarly Cardle ripped two right backs a new arsehole and won a penalty for Airdrie when he played against us.

Genuine question, why not put someone else on the corners? He was on them for us at the start of the season and we've put other players on them now.

I think it was a mixed case of ineptitude from the manager and the fact that the wee man was fairly useless elsewhere. Candles  only trick seemed to be cutting  inside the fullback and if said FB was standing on a post defending the corner Joe was f**king lost! The only other option would have been placing him on the edge of the box to drive any knock-downs back in, this would easily have been the best option but was obviously not something that Grant Murray had considered.