The New Raith Rovers Thread

The playoff TV deal last season was separate from the other TV deals and wasn't agreed until the end of last season.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/bt-sport-to-show-premiership-play-offs/

Would imagine they'll wait and see if Hibs finish 2nd or 3rd before any deal is announced and games picked.

That was last year, they've since signed a revised deal which gives them the rights to the play-offs. (Which is not to say that they're committed to showing them.)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-strike-new-tv-deal-6419830

The playoff TV deal last season was separate from the other TV deals and wasn't agreed until the end of last season.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/bt-sport-to-show-premiership-play-offs/

Would imagine they'll wait and see if Hibs finish 2nd or 3rd before any deal is announced and games picked.

It was a three year deal they signed last year I think. They dont have to show them but I expect they will though. They would have expected Hibs and Rangers to be gone by year three when they agreed it so presumably they were always up for televising lower profile matches. Edited by Skyline Drifter

That was last year, they've since signed a revised deal which gives them the rights to the play-offs. (Which is not to say that they're committed to showing them.)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-strike-new-tv-deal-6419830

It was a three year deal they signed last year I think. They dont have to show them but I expect they will though. They would have expected Hibs and Rangers to be gone by year three when they agreed it so presumably they were always up for televising lower profile matches.

Ahh ok. Didn't know that. Still can't see BT showing Rovers v Falkirk if it did end up that way.

People who have a general interest in Scottish Football?

Almost anyone with an interest in football will be watching whichever English match is on Sky that day. BT might well decide that the cost of staging two live outside broadcasts doesn't merit the BBC Alba sized audience that will watch the matches.

Almost anyone with an interest in football will be watching whichever English match is on Sky that day. BT might well decide that the cost of staging two live outside broadcasts doesn't merit the BBC Alba sized audience that will watch the matches.

Midget teuchters.

If I was given the choice of watching Chelsea v Man City or QotS v Morton, I'd pick the Queens game every day of the week as I couldn't give a f**k about English football, whereas I enjoy Scottish football. Edited by Rovers1992/1993

If I was given the choice of watching Chelsea v Man City or QotS v Morton, I'd pick the Queens game every day of the week as I couldn't give a f**k about English football, whereas I enjoy Scottish football.

For every one of you there is probably twenty people who would rather watch the title race down south I would guess.

For every one of you there is probably twenty people who would rather watch the title race down south I would guess.

Twenty is being very generous, Scottish football is a very poor quality, I'd watch rovers and that's it if it's on telly.

As someone who probably won't attend any of the away fixtures in the playoff games (unless we get to the final) I'm happy to know BT Sport might show those games, especially since Virgin very kindly game me the BT Sports channels for free after a wee moan from myself about my package price  :P

As someone who probably won't attend any of the away fixtures in the playoff games (unless we get to the final) I'm happy to know BT Sport might show those games, especially since Virgin very kindly game me the BT Sports channels for free after a wee moan from myself about my package price  :P

As an ex-sky salesman this is a great time to phone sky or virgin and have a moan and ask the price of a six month deal for BT Sports then ask for a free trial with no commitment. Don't ask Don't get.

Edited by rrfsee

To assist the sales staff and punters queuing for season tickets on Tuesday I have devised some acronyms that may be used to speed things along.

Premier in South Stand Early Discount = PISSED

as above in Turnball Hutton Stand = PITHED

Senior Citizen Requiring A Premier = SCRAP

Finance Incentive Season Ticket = FIST

Not sure if the above ticket is available with Early Discount Just ask if you can get FISTED.

Ladies will have their own A Pay Monthly Ticket =PMT

Do not delay or you will pay the Full Un Discounted price and who wants to be a FUD

Hope this helps.