The New Raith Rovers Thread

There are undoubtedly questions that need answered.

Average home attendances were: 2,225 in 08/09, 2,256 in 09/10 and 2,708 in 10/11

So this year our average home attendances are up 450 from last year. Both the last 2 years included Dunfermline in the league.

In 09/10 we reached the Cup Semi Final.

So where has all that money gone? This year we should have had extra prize money from the previous seasons cup and extra gate receipts.

Granted it is possible that the recession could have reduced commercial income but it is far more likley that the budget was based on Pie in the Sky estimates. Then it appears that we failed to control the overspending hence the need for others to step in with extra funds.

Seriously this is well beyond a joke:

What did the Board thing attendances would be?

It doesn't matter how succesful we are our attendance will always be between 1900 and 2300 outwith the SPL

How much commercial income did we thing we would get? Is it reduced because of the recession or because of staff changes?

If we were losing money who authorised the signing of Gary Wales onto our payroll?

Its not that difficult to set a prudent budget based on historical attendance data and known commercial income and then make sure that we abide by it.

If this happened in any other business the Accountant or person responsible for the finances would be out the door.

Average home attendances were: 2,225 in 08/09, 2,256 in 09/10 and 2,708 in 10/11

So this year our average home attendances are up 450 from last year. Both the last 2 years included Dunfermline in the league.

So where has all that money gone? This year we should have had extra prize money from the previous seasons cup and extra gate receipts.

Granted it is possible that the recession could have reduced commercial income but it is far more likley that the budget was based on Pie in the Sky estimates. Then it appears that we failed to control the overspending hence the need for others to step in with extra funds.

Seriously this is well beyond a joke:

What did the Board thing attendances would be?

It doesn't matter how succesful we are our attendance will always be between 1900 and 2300 outwith the SPL

How much commercial income did we thing we would get? Is it reduced because of the recession or because of staff changes?

If we were losing money who authorised the signing of Gary Wales onto our payroll?

Its not that difficult to set a prudent budget based on historical attendance data and known commercial income and then make sure that we abide by it.

If this happened in any other business the Accountant or person responsible for the finances would be out the door.

the last few years when the attendence was lower the wage bill probably was lower too

The operating debt according to the last balance book is about the 1M mark which varies according to season success, it is managable until we find the next Messi. And or one of us wins the lottery.

No financial guru but surely if directors and non directors are dipping into their pockets our debt is not managable .We have a monthly rent on our stadium which i`m not sure if were servicing that fully

So where has all that money gone?

Paid the operating costs for the season

How many goals has he scored at first division level over the last few years? If it's more than the combined 0 of Graham Weir and Gary Wales then we really can't have any complaints. That said, I doubt he'll make up for the...err....robust style of Gregory Tade. :unsure: Welcome to the club Brian.

Next season is going to fantastic! :ph34r:

Well, with McG saying he is looking to sign 3-4 guys this year, and with graham being one, assume Baird goes and he needs a strike partner. Don't assume whatever money we get for Baird goes to McGlynn, 'cause that'll go back into the mortgage. So that means we probably need to sign a central midfielder and a right back.

.... and hope that this year's crop of kids is a lot better than the previous three crops!

Was Graham Morton's top scorer last season?

I'm not overly excited at this but I'll give the boy a good few games before forming an opinion on him.

Welcome to Raith Rovers, Brian.

Yeah, to be honest I'd be more excited if I thought we would be keeping Baird for him to partner, or if I was sure that our midfield would be different enough to play a style more akin to him and not the hopeless long punt to a big fast French guy.

If the Greg Stewart rumour is true I'll be happy enough with a partnership of Stewart/Graham, albiet their only back up will be Williamson. Att the moment I'm more interested in who fills the other central midfield berth along side Davo, or who replaces Walker out wide.

Rumour on Fantalk that the midfielder in question is Liam Fox from livingston, but that usually does the rounds every season!

Surely a second division team has a semi decent right back? Dyer seemed to make the jump up without any real problems?

Can't say I'm overly excited at the signing of Graham but like everyone else he'll be given a fair chance to show us all what he can bring to the team. Welcome etc.

Baird is a worry. The only consolation I suppose is we need to receive money for him, and not many teams can provide that. Dunfermline shouldn't be able to but of course we all know they spend anyway. St Johnstone and St Mirren could probably stretch to £30k or so, that apart I don't see anyone who could take him.

I'm going to assume that if Baird does go we'll be allowed to replace him. Two signings to go, three if Baird leaves.

Happy days...

Edited by Paco

A typically lukewarm Rovers welcome for Brian Graham from some people. I seem to remember the sheer apathy from many over the signing of Gregory Tadé and look how that turned out. I'm happy to trust McGlynn's judgement on this one, he's right about players more often than he's not.

Welcome to the Rovers, Brian.

Rumour on Fantalk that the midfielder in question is Liam Fox from livingston, but that usually does the rounds every season!

Surely a second division team has a semi decent right back? Dyer seemed to make the jump up without any real problems?

The Fox one does do the rounds every season however McGlynn likes to follow players for a couple of seasons before they come in, he did this with Baird and Dyer and I'm sure Hill was rumoured to come to us the season before he did

I think we will go with a 1st choice striking partnership of Stewart and Graham with Fox and a former SPL youth player in midfield / on the wing