The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was thinking after the game - that couldn't have went any better today. Sitting in the changing room before the game, and Paul Smith throws me the armband and tells me to lead them out, then go out and have an amazing time playing. Then score an absolute screamer, the game finishes in a high scoring draw, then I score a penalty in the shoot out and we win overall.

A truly tremendous day, I still can't get the grin off my puss.

Sounds absolutely tremendous, especially the bit in bold. Makes me think of when Jimmy Nicholl threw the armband at Davy Sinclair in Munich.

Well done to everyone involved. :D

I intend on being a tad fitter for next year. :ph34r:

:lol:

Me too.

I was ghosting along around the 15-25min and 40-45 minute marks. I think a proper training program rather than bits and pieces is in order for next time.

All the best Tade.

I will never forget THAT goal at Pittodrie, I will never celebrate a goal like that ever again.

Its a shame, but since the turn of the year it almost looks like he was found out. He improved hugely on his technical skills, his shooting is now much much better. But he seems to have lost that "Tade" part of his game. The unpredictable, excited puppy like Tade just hasnt been there. It was the clumsiness that worked to our advantage I think, he genuinely had no idea where he was going with the ball - so how could defenders?

Anyway, all the best to him. Not one of the players we HAD to keep though. I would say that list is: Mcgurn, Ellis, Walker, Baird, Murray.

And well done to all who took part in that game today, sounded amazing. I really wish I could have played in that, but I am fucking shite ..erm.. serious injury at a younger age meant I cant..... :ph34r:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.129317403810918.31088.119306561478669

A nice photo album of Tade's "best bits". It's been some journey watching him develop from a useless haddie into.. er, a bit of a useless haddie who could be completely unplayable. He's some boy. One of my favourite players I've seen at Stark's Park, clearly not the most talented but has the heart of a lion and clearly loved playing for the Rovers.

All the best to him. I just really hope he isn't going to the Pars...

I think I'll miss Tade's personality more than anything. For example, whenever we were pushing for a late goal and we won a corner, he would always be geeing the fans up.

He scored some quality goals, as well as missing some golden opportunities. He had a bit of charisma about him, which can only been good in the dressing room.

I think we'll miss him more than we think and it may be noticeable psychologically, rather than physically.

Hope he goes on to score some more quality/flukey goals against the Old Firm et al, even if it is the Pars that he signs for. Who knows, he could be off abroad anyway?

He brought a smile to our faces, whether it be because of some outrageous, physics-defying move, or quite simply because he tripped over the ball.

Good luck Tade. :D

Edited by St. Starko

I'll miss his interviews. They were utterly comedy gold. I'll never forget his one after Dundee "If you said to me after I first came to Scotland I'd play in front of 20,000, then I'd say you were lying! (Rangers were yet to be knocked out at that point) :lol:

He has been a fantastic player over the past two years. He could have got away with murder with our crowd in terms of misses: you'd hear a collective groan with a few chuckles, and people going 'ach, it's Tade'. I knew he could only improve after the Norwich game, everyone thought we were going to be fodder, but Tade is a confidence crowd. It helped that we were the first club with a big enough fan base to make him a cult figure. His goal at Aberdeen will be unforgettable. What a night. He's played his role, and we've helped him. I think this is the first time as a Rovers fan of 6 seasons, where I can remember a player leaving for a club at a higher level. :ph34r:

Not convinced about Tade, however one of my Rovers mates on here (ScottRRFC :whistle) loves Tade and it would probably piss him off big time if he signed for us (:lol:) , although i reckon he'll be away to Inverness, as they were interested in signing him on a pre-contract not long ago.

Also is it true that Baird is offski? Something big must have happened if that turns out to be true, as McGlynn stated a week ago that he was staying.

If we spent money on Baird i'd be appalled, no doubt he's done a great job for Raith but he really seems to lack any type of composure and in a league where we are bound to get fewer chances it isn't really ideal, let Raith keep him and help them get promoted, we need a "bigger" striker who can get on the end of crosses.

Apparently John Baird wants to leave.

If this is the case I hope we get as much money as we can for him and good luck to him wherever he ends up, no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.

Edit: Maybe he was saying goodbye at full time after all.

A bit daft signing a two year contract in a skint league then, who'd have money for a fee? Morton maybe in this league. Not many in the SPL would.