The New Raith Rovers Thread

Imagine that out of the list we will probably keept 2 players would guess at Wilson and Sparky/Murray

I am a great fan of Mark Campbell (proper 'old skool' centre half), but if it came down to a choice between the two then I'd go with Grant Murray.

He has the able to play a variety of positions, and with a tight squad, versitility is required.

It might be that Campbell leaves as it will be costing him a wedge travelling to training and matches up to 3 times a week from Ayrshire. I know its costing me £400/month to get to work (£100 more than this time 2 years ago) and its a similar weekly mileage to what he is doing.

Edited by Whistle Blower

Players whos contracts expire after Saturdays game

McNeil - Punt

Murray - Keep

Campbell - Keep

Wilson - Keep

Simmons - Punt

Wales - Punt

Weir - Punt

Tade - Would love to keep but he'll be off

Craig Wedderburn - Punt

Graham Beveridge - Don't know

Jamie Mackie - Punt

Tam Graham - Punt

Thanks for that Robbo, contract news doesn't tend to be readily available on the web - which might be deliberate, in fairness. Surprised but happy to see Ellis isn't there. Dejected that Iain Williamson still has a year. Craig Wilson and Stephen Simmons are the only controversial ones on that list for me, everyone else has a fairly obvious decision to be made. Wilson has generally been excellent for us but has been very poor over the last few months. Simmons is a tricky one, I've generally defended him but I do think we could do with maybe a bit of a difference in midfield. Like Wilson he was poor over the last couple of months having had a great start to the season.

I am a great fan of Mark Campbell (proper 'old skool' centre half), but if it came down to a choice between the two then I'd go with Grant Murray.

He has the able to play a variety of positions, and with a tight squad, versitility is required.

It might be that Campbell leaves as it will be costing him a wedge travelling to training and matches up to 3 times a week from Ayrshire. I know its costing me £400/month to get to work (£100 more than this time 2 years ago) and its a similar weekly mileage to what he is doing.

yeah thats my thinking as well, plus we have Hill and Ellis in there Murray can cover at right back Hill and Ellis can both play at left back so I would think defence is pretty much sorted. Our main concern is going to be up top and midfield

In midfield we are going to have McBride, Walker, Davo, Williamson and ferry. I personally dont think we will keep Simmons, you can see he has the ability but he rarely turns it on and how many times has he lost possession for us to conceed or break down an attack. I would like to think we will bring in at least one more midfielder for playing on the right and let Walker play in the middle tho Williamson seems to have gained favour somehow with McGlynn so looks like that wont happen

Up top is a certaintly for new players. As Ive mentinoed before Casa and possibliy Smith maybe avialable but if we did get them that would probably be a majority of our budget gone from the off unless they agree to come back on a lesser wage (tho prob short term). There will be alot of free agents and loan possiblities in the summer tho and with McGlynn at the trials yesterdays shows he is looking already and hopefully find a decent player or 2

Agree with that

Thinking that as well.With his full time job based in Kilmarnock I suspect he`ll be looking for a club nearer there

Thanks for that Robbo, contract news doesn't tend to be readily available on the web - which might be deliberate, in fairness.

Its like a lot of things concerning the club

TBH Paco,this is courtesy of the FFP so it might well be wrong but its all we have to go on

Surprised but happy to see Ellis isn't there.

Ditto and also surprised.He signed in 2008 and surmise he was given a 2 year deal,so he must have been given an extended 2 year deal last season

Dejected that Iain Williamson still has a year.

Ditto and again surprised

Craig Wilson and Stephen Simmons are the only controversial ones on that list for me, everyone else has a fairly obvious decision to be made. Wilson has generally been excellent for us but has been very poor over the last few months. Simmons is a tricky one, I've generally defended him but I do think we could do with maybe a bit of a difference in midfield. Like Wilson he was poor over the last couple of months having had a great start to the season.

Dont see either as being controversial.Wont be too upset to see both depart.Wilson for me has not been near the player he was for sometime now and Simmons,well,on his day when he feels like it,a decent player but these days are few and far between

Im not certain but I think Williamsons contract is up and so is Walkers aswell.

think they signed extentions last year

Im not certain but I think Williamsons contract is up and so is Walkers aswell.

I always imagined Williamson's deal was up, but it was mentioned somewhere that someone had spoke to the man himself who'd said he had another year. Walker signed a new deal last summer as I seem to remember being worried he'd be off. I can only presume it was a two year deal.

Ferry is the name not mentioned in that list I'm really surprised about. I'm almost certain his contract is up. Given his lack of game time though, even being under contract doesn't automatically mean he'll still be here next season. I was also sure Dougie Hill signed a two year deal when he joined. Maybe the FFP's list just isn't accurate...

So, according to the FFP, players tied down for next season are:

David Mcgurn

Dougie Hill

Laurie Ellis

Willie Dyer

Allan Walker

Iain Davidson

Iain Williamson

Mark Ferry

Scott McBride

John Baird

Just about a starting line-up. Given I'd expect about three or four others to remain we're probably only looking at two or three new faces, maximum. Two new strikers, a midfielder and a goalie if McNeil doesn't stay?

Edited by Paco

I always imagined Williamson's deal was up, but it was mentioned somewhere that someone had spoke to the man himself who'd said he had another year. Walker signed a new deal last summer as I seem to remember being worried he'd be off. I can only presume it was a two year deal.

Ferry is the name not mentioned in that list I'm really surprised about. I'm almost certain his contract is up. Given his lack of game time though, even being under contract doesn't automatically mean he'll still be here next season. I was also sure Dougie Hill signed a two year deal when he joined. Maybe the FFP's list just isn't accurate...

So, according to the FFP, players tied down for next season are:

David Mcgurn

Dougie Hill

Laurie Ellis

Willie Dyer

Allan Walker

Iain Davidson

Iain Williamson

Mark Ferry

Scott McBride

John Baird

Just about a starting line-up. Given I'd expect about three or four others to remain we're probably only looking at two or three new faces, maximum. Two new strikers, a midfielder and a goalie if McNeil doesn't stay?

or relying on our U19 keeper if things really are that tight

Players whos contracts expire after Saturdays game

McNeil

Murray

Campbell

Wilson

Simmons

Wales

Weir

Tade

Craig Wedderburn

Graham Beveridge

Jamie Mackie

Tam Graham

Wonder how many of these players we'll see turning out for East Fife next year.

or relying on our U19 keeper if things really are that tight

From what i've heard is that Ross Laidlaw is an assured young keeper, and i'll quite happy if he's part of our squad next year. Couldn't suffer Andy McNeil for another season. Sorry lads, but he has to go.

Laurie Eliis was quoted in one of the daily papers as saying earlier this week "he was in the dark and didnt know what his future held, but would love to stay" or words to that effect.

That would suggest to me he too is out of contract. Always the possibility that the rag is ill informed of course?

I was also sure Dougie Hill signed a two year deal when he joined. Maybe the FFP's list just isn't accurate...

Dougie Hill signed a one year part-time deal when he joined, and a two year full-time deal last summer. That one, at least, is right enough.

Ferry is the name not mentioned in that list I'm really surprised about. I'm almost certain his contract is up. Given his lack of game time though, even being under contract doesn't automatically mean he'll still be here next season.

Yeah if he could get a deal somewhere I reckon he will be off which is a shame given I have always liked Ferry. Did we not let Darren Smith go when he still had time on his contract last year?

Also can anyone remember roughly what time the departures were announced after last season? I seem to remember the first signings were announced mid June.

Yeah if he could get a deal somewhere I reckon he will be off which is a shame given I have always liked Ferry. Did we not let Darren Smith go when he still had time on his contract last year?

Also can anyone remember roughly what time the departures were announced after last season? I seem to remember the first signings were announced mid June.

Yeah Smith opted to leave, he wasnt happy at Rovers, which was a shame when he was fit he was a very good player for us

I think the pre contract signings were announced by the end of May last season. I would imagine we'll announce who is being released next week.