The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm just looking through the pictures from the POTY night at DV8 on Saturday night, Allan Walker is in a few absolute belters, including one with some random bird grabbing his nuts. I was talking to my neebur who was there, and he was saying that him and his pals bought Walker a shot each, then Walker gave them a £20 a note and told them to go and spend the lot on more.

He sounds like a good lad.

those were probably from my album he was pretty well gone even before he got down to us :lol:

Photo 76.. :lol:

I've only spoken to Walker twice but both times he had me in knots. Seems to be quite a witty felly.

:lol: folk were ending themselves when he did that and it wasnt even subtle felt sorry for Dougie who was trying to keep an eye on him all night

I'm just looking through the pictures from the POTY night at DV8 on Saturday night, Allan Walker is in a few absolute belters, including one with some random bird grabbing his nuts. I was talking to my neebur who was there, and he was saying that him and his pals bought Walker a shot each, then Walker gave them a £20 a note and told them to go and spend the lot on more.

He sounds like a good lad.

Christ, I was in Kittys/DV8 on Saturday and I never even noticed there were any Rovers players there. :lol:

I must have had more to drink than I thought.

I was talking to my neebur who was there, and he was saying that him and his pals bought Walker a shot each, then Walker gave them a £20 a note and told them to go and spend the lot on more.

That was my lot biggrin.gif Walker was beyond drunk, cracking night though had great banter with him, Dougie Hill and Iain Williamson.

Think Alzo actually got thrown out in the end laugh.gif

That was my lot biggrin.gif Walker was beyond drunk, cracking night though had great banter with him, Dougie Hill and Iain Williamson.

Think Alzo actually got thrown out in the end laugh.gif

yup heard that too :lol:

He was pretty far gone and most folk were buying him drinks as well, would of hate to see the state of him the next day lol

First time ive really spoke to Dougie as well and he seems pretty sound got a few of us signed into VIP later in the night, cheers lad 8)

Edited by P.C

I would imagine now that promotion is out the way manager/board will be looking at next season contracts! I have no idea who is under contract next year but this is something similar to what happens i hope!

Gk

McGurn

McNeil (out)

Def

Murray

Hill

Ellis

Campbell

Wilson (out)

Dyer (out)

Midf

Davidson

Simmons (out)

Ferry (Squad Player)

Walker

McBride (out)

Williamson (out)

For

Wales (out)

Weir (out)

Tade (out)

Baird

That would free up room to save on budget by replacing the 9 out with bringing in only 6/7 players in its place. From those that id list as out I would be happy to keep one from the dyer/Wilson combination and id keep ferry as he can cover with a smaller squad in def or midf. Simmons would free up a wage as is too similar to davo - davo has more to offer the team it terms of effort / commitment but if there was better available then id let him go to!

That would free up room to save on budget by replacing the 9 out with bringing in only 6/7 players in its place. From those that id list as out I would be happy to keep one from the dyer/Wilson combination and id keep ferry as he can cover with a smaller squad in def or midf. Simmons would free up a wage as is too similar to davo - davo has more to offer the team it terms of effort / commitment but if there was better available then id let him go to! [/size]

Considering you are keeping 8 players, we would be looking at a squad of 15-16 !!!!!

Instead of an ex player doing the 50/50 draw, he will be getting the last 15 minutes.

I would imagine now that promotion is out the way manager/board will be looking at next season contracts! I have no idea who is under contract next year but this is something similar to what happens i hope!

Gk

McGurn

McNeil (out)

Def

Murray

Hill

Ellis

Campbell

Wilson (out)

Dyer (out)

Midf

Davidson

Simmons (out)

Ferry (Squad Player)

Walker

McBride (out)

Williamson (out)

For

Wales (out)

Weir (out)

Tade (out)

Baird

That would free up room to save on budget by replacing the 9 out with bringing in only 6/7 players in its place. From those that id list as out I would be happy to keep one from the dyer/Wilson combination and id keep ferry as he can cover with a smaller squad in def or midf. Simmons would free up a wage as is too similar to davo - davo has more to offer the team it terms of effort / commitment but if there was better available then id let him go to!

We wont let Dyer go, both Campbell and Murray are pushing on and I know Murray is out of contract this season and when I spoke to him he had no idea what was happening with a new contract. I suspect we will keep one but not both

Williamson should go but think someone mentioned he was on a 2 year deal, Tade will probably move on, Wilson no idea if he can get his confidence back he can be a good player for us

We should be looking to bolster our attacking options for next season id love to have Casa back but depends if he is willing to take a lower wage tho he would be a great partner for Baird. Id like to see us get a more naturally right sided winger to afford us to move Walker back into the middle as well tho cant see it happening

I think thats the way it will be 15-16 players plus the odd half decent young player making up the bench & a loan player or 2 making up squad numbers once the games get going. It would be a real shame if murray went - hope he at least gets offered a deal - if he's offered higher else where then fine!

Also some of the old boys at half time wouldnt be any worse than bringing on weir for 5mins everyweek!

*great point made above - think walker in the middle with a proper wide midf could really boost our midf! if we got cassa that would be a dream!!

Edited by RoyRace

Can someone explain to me why our budget is going to be cut next year?

Unless te Board has actually made a mess of this years budget we won't have any less money next year than this year.

1) Yes we will lose 2 derby's against Dunfermline. But we also lose 2 home games against Stirling and possibly Cowdenbeath. The latter 2 brought hardly any travelling fans.

2) These 3 matches will be replaced by Livi and Hamilton and 1 other.

The net effect is that over the course of these 6 games we could be about 4,000 fans down. Which roughly equates to £56,000 less income.

We then need to add back into the mix our prize money for finishing 2nd or third. this will be a lot more than budgeted assuming we expected a mid table finish.

We also need to add back extra cup income becuase we are definately going to be 1 round further on in the Scottish Cup and possibly 1 round further on in the Alba cup because we are seeded.

So taking into account all the swings and roundabouts we should have the same budget as this year.

If cuts need to be made we should be looking at the waste of money which is our youth system.

The darkest part of our season again is seeing average players signed from other clubs while our youth players are denied a chance and sent out on loan to Ballingry Rovers and the like.

Can someone explain to me why our budget is going to be cut next year?

Unless te Board has actually made a mess of this years budget we won't have any less money next year than this year.

1) Yes we will lose 2 derby's against Dunfermline. But we also lose 2 home games against Stirling and possibly Cowdenbeath. The latter 2 brought hardly any travelling fans.

2) These 3 matches will be replaced by Livi and Hamilton and 1 other.

The net effect is that over the course of these 6 games we could be about 4,000 fans down. Which roughly equates to £56,000 less income.

We then need to add back into the mix our prize money for finishing 2nd or third. this will be a lot more than budgeted assuming we expected a mid table finish.

We also need to add back extra cup income becuase we are definately going to be 1 round further on in the Scottish Cup and possibly 1 round further on in the Alba cup because we are seeded.

So taking into account all the swings and roundabouts we should have the same budget as this year.

If cuts need to be made we should be looking at the waste of money which is our youth system.

The darkest part of our season again is seeing average players signed from other clubs while our youth players are denied a chance and sent out on loan to Ballingry Rovers and the like.

just as you say looks like the Pars game is a big loss for us, no other game is going to generate that kind of crowd either at home or away

We cant guarentee a decent draw in the cup and we may get knocked out so we can hold onto hope of pre guessing how much this will generate. Im guessing as well we havent sold alot of season tickets and along with the rest of the league we are need to cut our cloth accordingly

tho hopefully if we do have alot of players leaving (both youth and first team) that can free up the wages to bring in a few quality players and a couple of utility ones as well

Just reminded myself why I spend so little time checking out Fan Talk.

Some trumpets are advocating JMcG ( best manager we've had since Sir Jimmy) goes back to Tynecastle!!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

And we thought DAFC.net was full of numpties!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

There's no incremental prize money in the first division.

Away crowds from Hamilton and Livi won't remotely cover what we're losing from Dunfermline.

Cup money is uncertain, we might still only have one game in the Scottish Cup and for all we know at this stage we might have two games fewer in the League Cup.

Just reminded myself why I spend so little time checking out Fan Talk.

Some trumpets are advocating JMcG ( best manager we've had since Sir Jimmy) goes back to Tynecastle!!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

And we thought DAFC.net was full of numpties!!

Why do you not post this on fantalk?

Are they deemed trumpets/ numpties because you dont share there opinion?

Why do you not post this on fantalk?

Are they deemed trumpets/ numpties because you dont share there opinion?

I've already commented on Fan Talk.

However, few, if any would share the "opinion" that McGlynn should go.

Do you then...and if you don't what's your point?

Edited by Wee Sandy

There's differences of opinion and then there's

Massive clearout needed - far too many are nowhere near good enough to win next seasons 1st Divison.

How about the manager getting the punt as well - his decisions over the last 2 months have showed a total lack of know how when these dossers needed strong guidance.

MCGlynn can go to Tynecastle where his heart etc lies - not good enough.

Raith conned the public today by charging full price to watch reserves mince their way around the park.

Totally agree, it has to go down as McGlynn's biggest failing as manager at the club.

It could be the fact they just aren't good enough.

Lee Bryce was supposedly the cream of the crop, got given chances, and was shit.

If the guys aren't good enough that's not Mcglynns fault.