The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd post 23 :lol: for each year that has gone past where your team have failed to beat us, but I'm not that much of a fanny. Says it all when your sole league goal against us this side of the millenium came from a clearance which rebounded off your player. ;) As for our youths, I think it will be a while until we see anything coming out from youth team for a wee bit. Wedderburn has done well for Arbroath, but you don't exactly need to be of that great a standard to survive at 3rd division level. Kevin Brown and McKechnie seem to be highly regarded, but the question is if they will make any breakthrough. Saturdays game still has some significance in that we can finish in our highest league position since we last won it if we win so they might not get a run out.

Being serious here but who would be a bigger loss, Baird or Tade?:unsure:

Just wondering because with Baird winnin the poty a few managers might look and realise that Baird is the superior player...

Just wondering because with Baird winnin the poty a few managers might look and realise that Baird is the superior player...

Baird, far more composed and creates more chances. He's a fantastic player.

Also just saw this on the main site and was gutted until I read it. Not even funny! <_<

I would like to think of the current squad we would keep McGurn, Murray, Ellis, Dyer, Davidson, Walker, Ferry, K McBride, Baird and Tade.

I would also keep Wilson if he could recapture his early season form, as well as S McBride ( I think he gets far too much stick for a young guy in his 1st season at the club, and think he could really grow into a player.)

As much as I love big Sparky and all he has done for us he has looked very vulnerable recently with the ball at his feet, how many times this season has he been robbed when trying to turn inside? So I would let him go, along with McNeil, Weir, Wales, Williamson and probably Simmons (on his game he`s one of our best players, unfortunately these occasions are becoming fewer and further apart.)

Kevin Brown looked good when he played at the end of last season and Jordan McKechnie looked good against Queens earlier in the season so theres at least 2 that should be able to step up from the youths, Wedderburn will return from Arbroath having played almost a full season for them so should be much improved and we also just sold a young keeper to Hearts (so all you youth set up "Knockers" its not all bad news,) and hopefully Hearts will repay us by giving us a loan player or 2 (as long as their not of the Jamie Fcukin Mole standard.)

I can understand the board and manager saying there will be cutbacks, I was disgusted, but not surprised, by the turnout on Saturday for the last home game of the season.

We took 3500 to EEP and could have sold more but then less than 2000 turn up to give the club some money & give the players some recognition & we were still in a title chase before the match FFS, then when the last minute goal goes in half the South Stand get up to leave???? it was the last home game of the season FFS, what happened to staying to applaud the team for their efforts, I`m sorry to say but the average Raith Fan needs to get a grip and realise just how far we have come in such a short time. 6-7 years ago we almost had no club to support and were in freefall, this season we have pushed the biggest spending club in the SFL right to the 2nd last game of the season.

Edited by RoversMad

I've already commented on Fan Talk.

Outwith the name calling

However, few, if any would share the "opinion" that McGlynn should go.

Do you think so?based on what,posts on fantalk and on here,many who are the same but under a different guise?I have spoken to quite a number of supporters who think maybe hes time at Starks is up

Do you then...and if you don't what's your point?

I wouldn`t be overly upset.I`ve enjoyed our lofty position this season but in general cant really say I`ve enjoyed the football that McGlynn had us playing.

I wouldn`t be overly upset.I`ve enjoyed our lofty position this season but in general cant really say I`ve enjoyed the football that McGlynn had us playing.

Away and watch Barcelona then. This season has been the most exciting I can recall, and folk still moan. Fucking unbelievable.

There's differences of opinion and then there's

That quote from FT is the reason i dont go on any more

We were never supposed to have a squad to challenge, only to make sure of survival. The bonus of the run we went on was just that, a bonus. Anyone who thinks we are going to splash the cash and bring in a title winning squad is in for a shock

Baird no question. Tade was a fans favourite due to his workrate, personality and rapport with that fans. He was a good player for us but can be replaced il be sad to see him go but i think if we lost Baird id be more concerned

I'm playing in that on Sunday. :)

I know Hank Scorpio is too. Is there any other Rovers fans from P&B playing in it?

I was going to but far too pricey for 45min run out, got our game in Woking stadium end of May tho that will do :D

Does anyone know accuratly which players are under contract & who are not in the summer? I appologise if there is a thread already or its been stated on another of the hundred odd pages - Dont have the time to go looking! It would help build up a picture of who we will have and who/what we will need for next season rather than what we would just like! i.e williamson to go but is actually under contract!?

McGurn

McNeil

Murray

Hill

Ellis

Campbell

Wilson

Dyer

Davidson

Simmons

Ferry

Walker

S McBride

Williamson

Wales

Weir

Tade

Baird

Does anyone know accuratly which players are under contract & who are not in the summer? I appologise if there is a thread already or its been stated on another of the hundred odd pages - Dont have the time to go looking! It would help build up a picture of who we will have and who/what we will need for next season rather than what we would just like! i.e williamson to go but is actually under contract!?

McGurn

McNeil

Murray

Hill

Ellis

Campbell

Wilson

Dyer

Davidson

Simmons

Ferry

Walker

S McBride

Williamson

Wales

Weir

Tade

Baird

Wilson, Tade, Weir, Wales, Murray all out of contract

McBride and Dyer only came in at the start of the season im guessing on 2 year deals

anyone else not 100%

I know Hank Scorpio is too. Is there any other Rovers fans from P&B playing in it?

My pal is playing! I'm not... that would be far too embarrassing.

I'm playing too.

I was wondering how good the other who are playing were, then I went on the website and saw that a few ex-Rovers are playing. That's all I needed to see, because I'm absolutely shit. :lol:

I'm playing too.

I was wondering how good the other who are playing were, then I went on the website and saw that a few ex-Rovers are playing. That's all I needed to see, because I'm absolutely shit. :lol:

I know one of the boys who travels with us is playing as well, hes not a bad player tho dunno how long its been since he played

Players whos contracts expire after Saturdays game

McNeil

Murray

Campbell

Wilson

Simmons

Wales

Weir

Tade

Craig Wedderburn

Graham Beveridge

Jamie Mackie

Tam Graham

Imagine that out of the list we will probably keept 2 players would guess at Wilson and Sparky/Murray