The New Raith Rovers Thread

For me it has went as far back as the year we finished sevcond in the league, to tell it fans it was better financially to finish second bottom. We have a massive noose around our neck which is Starks Pk, and unfortunately until it is back in the club's hands it's going to be more of the same. There is so much that can be done at the ground if we had ownership to generate pre and post match income.

What could be done that we can't do at the moment?

Cost wise I wouldn't know but. I'd demolish the railway stand and build a big bar which can be accessed by both sets of fans. It could be segregated if required at the mid point. Access can be gained from home end without going through a turnstile but not too sure on the away end. There are two tiny social clubs in the ground that don't allow access unless you are a member. They are doing there best for the CLUB but is inadequate in way of a facility IMO.

Could they not build a bar behind the dugouts? Personally  i would like to see the home end of the railway stand reopened i used to love watching  from there. Before  people say we cant fill the southstand its not the greatest  view we might even get a few more fans to come back if they had the choice of sitting  there i know quite a few folk whi would love that happen but i dont know how much that would cost. It would also make the ground look a hell of a lot better its really  starting to look bad.

On your plan to demolish the railway stand, you'd have to remove what the stand sits on, ie the banking for the railway track. Not too sure how British Rail would feel about that. The cost of shoring up the banking would probably be prohibitive so far better to just open it up to home fans, as Frank suggested above. It would also do wonders for the board's popularity.

I see the voting is open for the player of year 2016/2017 now on the OS.

Who would everyone say deserves it?

There is only 1 player IMO that has deserved it this season.

Jean Y'Ves M'Voto. It's a pity there's no chance of him still being in a Rovers shirt next year.

What's everyone's goal of the season as well?

For me it has went as far back as the year we finished sevcond in the league, to tell it fans it was better financially to finish second bottom. We have a massive noose around our neck which is Starks Pk, and unfortunately until it is back in the club's hands it's going to be more of the same. There is so much that can be done at the ground if we had ownership to generate pre and post match income.

For me, we haven't had a plan since McGlynn left. Then we had the 'cross your fingers and hope it works out' emergency appointment of Murray when McGlynn left for Hearts. We've been treading water ever since until Locke sunk us.

The club needs to get a McGlynn type in again who has a plan and can take the club forward.

Iv voted for bene for the second season running. He really is undervalued by our support. He's voluntarily played lb /rb this season and despite not being fully fit against Falkirk gave it his all. A leader on the park aswell when our captain isn't.

It was him or big Jean, who is a very good cb and seems a good bloke also.

If boaby hadn't got injured earlier in the season it could have been him. He was tearing teams to bits at times.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

For me, we haven't had a plan since McGlynn left. Then we had the 'cross your fingers and hope it works out' emergency appointment of Murray when McGlynn left for Hearts. We've been treading water ever since until Locke sunk us.

The club needs to get a McGlynn type in again who has a plan and can take the club forward.

Going internally with Murray started off good, then went to shit. Appointing McKinnon gradually turned into an excellent appointment, to the point that hours after our season was over United were banging on the door for him. 

Since then it's been brutal. Utterly clueless. We had a plan, for about a whole year. Then lost the plot completely. I'm fully of the view we need to empty out a few directors and the marketing team at the club. Regardless of the level, I think we'll be looking at new management either way as Hughes frankly looks like he doesn't care. 

I went for Ryan Hardie for it. Doesn't even play for us, but always gives 100% and looks to be a talented player. If we somehow manage to scramble to 8th place, he'll have had the biggest say. 

30 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Jean Y'Ves M'Voto. It's a pity there's no chance of him still being in a Rovers shirt next year.

Here's the link.

I really wanted to vote for Lewis Vaughan to send a message to the board, but he's not on the list despite having played more games than Osei, who is on the list.

Looks like they've omitted Vaughan as well as those who have already left like Stevenson, Lennox, Syme, and my personal choice Robbie Crawford. 

I might vote for Rudi Skacel, or Scott Roberts. 

(The obvious winner is M'Voto. If we all gave a seriious vote, surely 100% of people would vote for him.)

Looks like they've omitted Vaughan as well as those who have already left like Stevenson, Lennox, Syme, and my personal choice Robbie Crawford. 
I might vote for Rudi Skacel, or Scott Roberts. 
(The obvious winner is M'Voto. If we all gave a seriious vote, surely 100% of people would vote for him.)

My vote was serious but it wasn't for him[emoji22]

Probably M'Voto for PoTY.

Goal of the season - we scored a couple of cracking goals at Tannadice but I'd say Stewart's goal against The Pars. We haven't scored a lot of goals this season.

Probably M'Voto for PoTY.

Goal of the season - we scored a couple of cracking goals at Tannadice but I'd say Stewart's goal against The Pars. We haven't scored a lot of goals this season.

Scott Roberts goal against Dumbarton is another contender but I wouldn't want his name near any of the achievements from this year so in that case I would go for one of M'Votos many goals this year :lol:

Going internally with Murray started off good, then went to shit. Appointing McKinnon gradually turned into an excellent appointment, to the point that hours after our season was over United were banging on the door for him. 
Since then it's been brutal. Utterly clueless. We had a plan, for about a whole year. Then lost the plot completely. I'm fully of the view we need to empty out a few directors and the marketing team at the club. Regardless of the level, I think we'll be looking at new management either way as Hughes frankly looks like he doesn't care. 
I went for Ryan Hardie for it. Doesn't even play for us, but always gives 100% and looks to be a talented player. If we somehow manage to scramble to 8th place, he'll have had the biggest say. 

When was this year we had a plan?

What plan did we have under Murray? I only recall a 6 month period during his second season where it was good. It was aimless under him. Not bad enough to be relegated, not good enough to go for the league. McKinnon had a great last 3 months of the season, then he left. That's not a plan.

My vote was serious but it wasn't for him[emoji22]

Who on earth did you vote for?!

Goal of the season would be Stewart against the Pars for me. McHattie scored a great goal at Tannadice and Roberts did score a beauty against Dumbarton. But Stewart's goal was a thing of beauty.

Also, Stewart's goal was all the more hilarious in that the Pars fans had told us about some pish about how Ben Richards-Everton was a sexy b*****d who'd have no problems with our forwards. Some say, he's still recovering from his broken ankle as Stewart turned past him to curl it home. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Iv voted for bene for the second season running. He really is undervalued by our support. He's voluntarily played lb /rb this season and despite not being fully fit against Falkirk gave it his all. A leader on the park aswell when our captain isn't.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Who on earth did you vote for?!

I am going to take a stab that he voted for Benedictus.;)

Edited by Skyline Drifter