The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hughes is just a rancid manager. The way he utterly destroyed the great ICT team he inherited should've been enough of a warning.

I do remember quite a few folk saying this kind of thing when he came in. Seemed like the right appointment at the time but they haven't really improved much at all.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hughes is just a rancid manager. The way he utterly destroyed the great ICT team he inherited should've been enough of a warning.

Hughes was brought in to do better than Gary Locke for a few months. Not an unreasonable expectation.

Our home form under Hughes has been good (two wins, two draws).

Away from home though we might even be marginally worse. Lost all five. Scored once.

We're going down. Yesterday has eliminated any lingering hope for me. Players just aren't good enough, don't have the right attitude and the manager isn't helping things by constantly picking the wrong ones. There are a few players that don't deserve criticism (notably Craig Barr, M'Voto, Penksa mostly). The rest? Honestly wouldn't care if I didn't see them again. Spineless. Pathetic. Probably not even good enough for League One.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

We're going down. Yesterday has eliminated any lingering hope for me. Players just aren't good enough, don't have the right attitude and the manager isn't helping things by constantly picking the wrong ones. There are a few players that don't deserve criticism (notably Craig Barr, M'Voto, Penksa mostly). The rest? Honestly wouldn't care if I didn't see them again. Spineless. Pathetic. Probably not even good enough for League One.

I've been disappointed by Hughes, but the squad is more frustrating. A lot of them know they haven't been good enough, and it looks like they're ticking down the clock until the Summer and hoping we stay up. 

Defensively, we've been harmed by our need to shoehorn in three central defenders into the team. Barr and M'Voto aren't the quickest, but they can often pull through due to sheer physical strength. Jason Thomson has had his worst season of his career at Rovers, and we need to get rid of him. First touch of a kerb if it's not aimlessly being punted up the park. 

The centre of midfield is devoid of any creativity. Jordan Thompson looks like he's got his mind on next year. Matthews looks good but doesn't seem to get a consistent run of games. Callachan can offer us a positive outlet at times, but often tries too hard and goes for ridiculous shots or passes. 

Up front, if we can get him fit, then we must run with Stewart and Hardie. If we persist with playing a man in the hole, then we're not going to achieve anything. I feel for Hardie and he's run himself into the ground yesterday, but was let down by those about them. It's telling when the players keep passing the ball rather than trying to take shots. 

I'm fully of the view now that we should go all guns blazing, and go 4-3-3 where possible. Play Craig Barr, Matthews and Handling in the middle of the park and go up top with Stewart (if fit), Hardie and McManus or Barr. 

Penska made some good saves yesterday but his kicking is absolutely shocking. Clark and Moffat both closed him down because he took so long to get the ball out of his feet.

As for Hughes, I heard Rovers are about as happy with him as he is with them. Yogi won't be at Starks next season, regardless of which league you end up in.

Penska made some good saves yesterday but his kicking is absolutely shocking. Clark and Moffat both closed him down because he took so long to get the ball out of his feet.
As for Hughes, I heard Rovers are about as happy with him as he is with them. Yogi won't be at Starks next season, regardless of which league you end up in.

I've heard he's ready to go to Motherwell next season. If that's the case don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. The players are low on confidence and vulnerable. The last thing they need is a constant attack by the management, they get enough of that from the fans

I'm fully of the view now that we should go all guns blazing, and go 4-3-3 where possible. Play Craig Barr, Matthews and Handling in the middle of the park and go up top with Stewart (if fit), Hardie and McManus or Barr. 

This. Won't do any harm at all, and Hardie would thrive with the service from the two wide forwards (in theory).

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I've heard he's ready to go to Motherwell next season. If that's the case don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. The players are low on confidence and vulnerable. The last thing they need is a constant attack by the management, they get enough of that from the fans

They gave Robinson a contract until the end of next season.

21 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I've heard he's ready to go to Motherwell next season. If that's the case don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. The players are low on confidence and vulnerable. The last thing they need is a constant attack by the management, they get enough of that from the fans.

Last point is nonsense.  Fans have been much more patient than with worse teams than this.

Esit, should say than with better teams than this. But the fans yesterday and against Falkirk were decent enough. Some shouts, but that's always going to happen. Was far far worse under Murray.

It's no great loss. Don't think he's the man for us. I honestly don't think Locke would have done much worse. We are still painful to watch and we still look like we'll be relegated.

Have heard that it will be McBride and Easton as the management team next season.

TBH, I'm past caring who it is. If the next management team can get us winning again, preferably playing football that people willingly pay to watch, then I don't much care who we employ.

If they go cheap and it fails. I'll give up early and stop going.