The New Raith Rovers Thread

In fairness, achieved with Gary Locke's team, which is shite - or at least, parts of it are. It's a badly misbalanced squad that no one had a chance of rectifying, because the board elected to give Locke the January window, in which he punted one guy to Dumbarton, now playing a pivotal role in them being above us, bringing in another, who fucking chucked it in with 7 weeks to go, and another who never even got on the fucking bench in the time he was here.

I sort of agree, in that Gary Locke has ruined us, but how many Gary Locke signings got a start on Saturday or when we beat Dundee United?

Against Dundee United it's M'Voto, Thompson, Johnstone and McManus. Johnstone, even though I don't rate him, apparently ran the show.

Against Falkirk add McHattie.

Half the team are still the same guys who had us fourth last season. M'Voto has been fairly solid for most of the season.

I can't believe we are where we are now. Even at Christmas we were just drawing too many games. 2017 has been an absolute fucking disaster for us.

For me, it all started with the loss to The Pars at New Year. I came away from that game completely deflated.

This season can't end quick enough and it looks like being a catastrophic season.

I sort of agree, in that Gary Locke has ruined us, but how many Gary Locke signings got a start on Saturday or when we beat Dundee United?

Against Dundee United it's M'Voto, Thompson, Johnstone and McManus. Johnstone, even though I don't rate him, apparently ran the show.

Half the team are still the same guys who had us fourth last season. M'Voto has been fairly solid for most of the season.

I can't believe we are where we are now. Even at Christmas we were just drawing too many games. 2017 has been an absolute fucking disaster for us.

For me, it all started with the loss to The Pars at New Year. I came away from that game completely deflated.

This season can't end quick enough and it looks like being a catastrophic season.

That's true to up to a point but it is worth remembering that the bulk of our leftover squad from last season were also part of the side that was struggling in winter under McKinnon as well.

Apart from Hardie, all the players that turned things round last February have moved on. The problem was that Locke replaced them with absolute dross.

McManus, Skacel and Johnston couldn't lace the boots of Connolly, Longridge and even Craigen.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

The writing was on the wall for me since the 0-0 at East End, we were absolute pish that day and have barely improved since. I missed the QOS win the week before that but understand we were garbage that night too.

The writing was on the wall for me since the 0-0 at East End, we were absolute pish that day and have barely improved since. I missed the QOS win the week before that but understand we were garbage that night too.

But in between that we humped Falkirk at their place and played well.

Nah, Falkirk away was 22 Oct, QOS home was 29 Oct, Pars away was 5th Nov.

Right enough. After the QoS game I only went to Pars away and Dundee United at home. Both scrappy 0-0s that we could have won.

That loss to Dunfermline at New Year was the real kick in the studs for me. The Falkirk and Dumbarton home defeats weren't great either.