The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wouldn't be against us operating with a hybrid squad like we had when mcglynn was in charge. If we stay in the championship then we would be an attractive proposition for the better part time players while we would still be able to attract good full time players. I'm not sure if it would save us money but if it would I don't see a reason not to do it. Granted alot of managers wouldn't be comfortable working with that set up but as a club it's been our most successful method in years.

We finished second having the hybrid squad so it's possible to maintain our championship status and push for promotion with that.

I wouldn't be against the FT/PT thing either. It seemed to serve us well.

It seems a long time now since the heady days of the Scottish Cup Semi-final against United and that league title decider against The Pars, but that was where we want to be and it was with a mix of FT/PT players, although from memory the majority were FT.

Really? And if finances dictate you have to survive going part time next season?

I'd stay have a season full time, if we've any ambition to go back up we should stay full time. There's probably only going to be 1 or 2 full time teams in that league next season if we're one of them that's a huge advantage. Hybrid doesn't work well from what I've heard having players playing on a Saturday who hardly see each other during the week. If we got part time and there are full time teams in that league that's a massive disadvantage for us.

39 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If we're relegated we should at the very least take a look at  bringing in a few part-time players if it helps keep our costs down. 

The biggest problem with relegation is the lack of away supports and loss of prize money - even a side that wins every week will be unable to mitigate that. Costs therefore need to be cut accordingly if we don't want to undo five years of good work in getting the club's finances back into a much better way. 

If you go down the last thing you want to do is go part-time if you don't need to. Ourselves, Morton and Livi are good recent examples of biting the bullet and returning at the first attempt.

No, taking away the clear advantage that you would have over the majority of other teams in the league would be suicidal. 

If we go down we'll have to cut out cloth accordingly. If that means going fully or partially part time then so be it. If we can't afford to stay a full time club then it's either part time or we suffer the financial hit for one year in the hope that we go straight back up like Livi.

As for Drysdale he isn't going to leave but I wish he would. As others have said hasn't put any money into the club and is now a very well paid employee. He has been behind all the major decisions this season and has been at the club and at the heart of every bad decision made by the club for the past 18 years. He has no business experience and is clueless when it comes football. His comments about Locke prove it. Sadly I think though that unless there's a complete acceptance on the board that they are to blame them every one of them will remain no matter where we end up in 5 weeks time.

Anyway what i was trying to convey was going back to a hybrid of part time and full time. Sometimes I let my emotions rule head. Apathy runs strong with me. But told I'm talking utter fucking shite is taking it a bit far. Whether we stay up or go down, there will be cuts to the budget. Locke takes the blame for bringing in low quality players that simply didn't gel or coached incorrectly.

If you go down the last thing you want to do is go part-time if you don't need to. Ourselves, Morton and Livi are good recent examples of biting the bullet and returning at the first attempt.
No, taking away the clear advantage that you would have over the majority of other teams in the league would be suicidal.

This, x100 this. We got part time we'll be there for seasons, like last time.

26 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

We weren't fully part-time last time we were down. I don't think we would go part-time, but the hybrid option should not be ruled out if the hit of being fully full time is unduly substantial. 

We already have ten players signed up for next season, and at least we won't have Gary Locke to sign another twenty if we are indeed relegated. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Just out of curiosity who would decide  on drysdales future  he is a well paid employee of this club he doesn't  put a penny in  and lets face it he is behind  a lot of the horrendous  decisions  this season so why should he stay. It will be the usual  cliques  that will keep him in place and no doubt the fans will be to blame if the worse happens. Oh and by the way how did this idiot get to where he is in the first  place?

Drysdale has probably taken more out of Rovers than he's put in. If we do go down and cuts have to be made then his position should be the first to go. It would be a bit incongruous having a chief executive officer of a part time club in the third tier of Scottish football. Bit like wearing a duffel coat over a silk dress. Not that Eric wears a duffel coat.