The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone who thinks going down will be the making of us and cure all ills are sadly mistaken.We go down it,ll be a long way back if at all

as far as this season even if we stay up

BoD= guilty as charged for appointing Locke

BoD= guilty as charged for not punting Locke earlier

Locke= guilty as charged for his awful recruitment of players

BoD= guilty as charged for sitting back/ sanctioning this

If or inevitability we go down, let's get rid of all the players and return to a part time formula, at least there won't be any expectations of the bigger club. Raith and full time football doesn't work

Anyone who thinks going down will be the making of us and cure all ills are sadly mistaken.We go down it,ll be a long way back if at all
as far as this season even if we stay up
BoD= guilty as charged for appointing Locke
BoD= guilty as charged for not punting Locke earlier
Locke= guilty as charged for his awful recruitment of players
BoD= guilty as charged for sitting back/ sanctioning this

On what basis do you think it'll be a long way back, if at all, other than "it's the Rovers"?

As for the BoD sitting back, you could level that at them. However, if we'd stuck with Locke there's also the argument that we may not have been doing any worse than we are now.

If or inevitability we go down, let's get rid of all the players and return to a part time formula, at least there won't be any expectations of the bigger club. Raith and full time football doesn't work

Quite a few players are under contract.

47 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Wrong. We were fine under McGlynn, Murray and McKinnon. It's not the full time status of the club that's the problem - it's who we appoint as manager. For the last 10 years we've been doing fine until the arrival of Locke. So, if your knee jerk reaction to hiring a dud is to then go part time all you're doing is making the problem worse.

Wrong. We were fine under McGlynn, Murray and McKinnon. It's not the full time status of the club that's the problem - it's who we appoint as manager. For the last 10 years we've been doing fine until the arrival of Locke. So, if your knee jerk reaction to hiring a dud is to then go part time all you're doing is making the problem worse.

This. If we go part time we are effectively raising the white flag and we'll end up like fkin Airdrie, destined to float about in league one for eternity.

Totally agree with this. The failure of this season lies with the board in saying that they had quality candidates lined up before appointing a man who had complete failure on his CV. Even up to a fortnight before the Hearts game they were happy to talk him up about being more understanding with budgetary concerns.

f**k going part time. With players like Bene, Barr, Stewart, Vaughan, Matthews and Callachan in midfield I'd be disappointed if we didn't romp that league. McManus scored 20 odd goals. No disrespect to the teams there but most full time clubs bounce right back up.

I hadn't realised we were part-time while a goal up in Munich. Interesting.

Hey, having a go at me won't change the situation. I totally blame for board for their total short sightedness. How do you account for the ineptitude season upon season when the clocks go back. I firmly believe the board are behind it. I'm sorry, but I can't get my head around the fact we play well right up to then and turn to shit every time. We always seem to pick up again in the last quarter, but not this season. Hughes won't play B Barr, because of personal indifference, everyone saw that we needed him. I'll be glad when the clear out is done. I have my opinion and you guys have yours. If Drysdale has any love for the club then he must walk away, this clusterfuck of a season was built by the abomination of bad managerial decisions

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hey, having a go at me won't change the situation. I totally blame for board for their total short sightedness. How do you account for the ineptitude season upon season when the clocks go back. I firmly believe the board are behind it. I'm sorry, but I can't get my head around the fact we play well right up to then and turn to shit every time. We always seem to pick up again in the last quarter, but not this season. Hughes won't play B Barr, because of personal indifference, everyone saw that we needed him. I'll be glad when the clear out is done. I have my opinion and you guys have yours. If Drysdale has any love for the club then he must walk away, this clusterfuck of a season was built by the abomination of bad managerial decisions

Superstitious shite.

:lol:

I can't believe I've just read that about us going part-time. That will solve absolutely nothing.

We are a similar sized club to Morton and QotS and our budgets would be similar as well, this season, however, we more than likely had a bigger budget than both of these teams due to league position etc last year. Going part-time would mean that's slashed as well. It would solve nothing on the pitch.

Going part-time would solve nothing off the pitch, as the biggest problem is Drysdale. He will still be here if we went part-time, therefore absolutely nothing solved as well.

People really should stop mentioning part-time football. Every part-time team has ambitions to become full-time at some point in the future again. We have some fans wanting the opposite. They're actually wanting us to go part-time. That really is a lack of ambition. Even if it looks Drysdale has no ambition, the last thing we need is some fans to follow suit.

Just out of curiosity who would decide  on drysdales future  he is a well paid employee of this club he doesn't  put a penny in  and lets face it he is behind  a lot of the horrendous  decisions  this season so why should he stay. It will be the usual  cliques  that will keep him in place and no doubt the fans will be to blame if the worse happens. Oh and by the way how did this idiot get to where he is in the first  place?

If we're relegated we should at the very least take a look at  bringing in a few part-time players if it helps keep our costs down. 

The biggest problem with relegation is the lack of away supports and loss of prize money - even a side that wins every week will be unable to mitigate that. Costs therefore need to be cut accordingly if we don't want to undo five years of good work in getting the club's finances back into a much better way. 

I wouldn't be against us operating with a hybrid squad like we had when mcglynn was in charge. If we stay in the championship then we would be an attractive proposition for the better part time players while we would still be able to attract good full time players. I'm not sure if it would save us money but if it would I don't see a reason not to do it. Granted alot of managers wouldn't be comfortable working with that set up but as a club it's been our most successful method in years.

We finished second having the hybrid squad so it's possible to maintain our championship status and push for promotion with that.