The New Raith Rovers Thread

Literally setting that precedent, quite openly. Anyone who doesn't want to play for the club can essentially walk out for nothing. Brilliant. 

We're going to struggle for players with that attitude. Nobody wants to play for us, they play for the paycheck.

He didn't want to answer the question "will we be part time next season?" until he's spoken to the players tomorrow.

Surely that means Raith will be adopting some kind of part-time/ full-time hybrid next season?

If they were going to stay full time surely he wouldn't have been bothered about answering that straight.

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Literally setting that precedent, quite openly. Anyone who doesn't want to play for the club can essentially walk out for nothing. Brilliant. 

Can't believe what I've heard. Utterly ridiculous for us to throw ourselves open to offers. Completely ridiculous. Open season on our contracted players. 

Guess we'll find out tomorrow how things go from here. 

Just now, Diamond Oracle said:

He didn't want to answer the question "will we be part time next season?" until he's spoken to the players tomorrow.

Surely that means Raith will be adopting some kind of part-time/ full-time hybrid next season?

If they were going to stay full time

He was giving the current staff the courtesy of knowing what was happening first.

1 minute ago, rw89 said:

Can't believe what I've heard. Utterly ridiculous for us to throw ourselves open to offers. Completely ridiculous. Open season on our contracted players. 

Guess we'll find out tomorrow how things go from here. 

In fairness, even if he said they weren't open to offers, it wouldn't stop other clubs from tapping them up anyway.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there was a single "mea culpa" in there.

I don't know if Bill Leckie has an ear to the boardroom wall, but the feeling certainly seems to be that the board feel much more favourably towards Gary Locke than they do John Hughes. Gary Locke must be the nicest guy in the fucking world - the attitude seems to be "if only we'd done X or Y" then he might've been a success. Well, no, it's his job to handle things like recruitment - your job was to hire someone who wasn't utterly incompetent. 

See Colin Cameron is willing to throw his hat in the ring.

Did okay when first with Cowden but his time at Berwick was a bit iffy.

Rovers man, brought up in Links Street etc, part of a great Raith team in the 90's, but?

Surely you appoint a manager to make the signings. You can't give him the job then decide who he can or can't sign?
Bates - turned over and had our tummies tickled
Loan players - didn't want to be here
Hughes- Dick to the players

Did I miss anything?

1 minute ago, Diamond Oracle said:

But if you were staying full-time there would literally be nothing to tell. It would surely just be business as usual.

Ignore the fact that this is a football club for one minute, current staff are entitled to be informed of the future of the business first and not to be informed via the internet.

Cool your heels until the staff have been informed before you invent anymore outcomes.

4 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

See Colin Cameron is willing to throw his hat in the ring.

Did okay when first with Cowden but his time at Berwick was a bit iffy.

Rovers man, brought up in Links Street etc, part of a great Raith team in the 90's, but?

Ignore the fact that this is a football club for one minute, current staff are entitled to be informed of the future of the business first and not to be informed via the internet.
Cool your heels until the staff have been informed before you invent anymore outcomes.

I guess we'll see shortly.

I will wait with bated breath.