The New Raith Rovers Thread

Also, wouldn't read too much into Davo wanting to be a fireman and linking that to us going part time. It's been his plan for a while now that when the time comes to retire from football that he'd want to go into the Fire Service.

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Guess who was on the board at the same time? Oor Eric of course.

In fairness Eric refused to sign the Anelka contract along with Mario, it was pushed through by McGowan and Donaldson.

16 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Just out of curiosity i take it the person that owns the ground ( john sim i believe) isnt responsible for the upkeep of the stadium i assume theres a classic rovers clause that says its not his responsibility. Also as sad as it is people  losing their job surely the person in charge of the commercial side of things should have been let go even if we had stayed upthat side of the club has been especially bad for sometime. 

The commercial side of the club is a joke. Just look at the player sponsorship page in the programme, can't even sell a limited number of home and away shirts. And that was on the back of a great season last year. 

Look at our club shop. This should be a major source of income but the club is happy to farm it out to the supporters club who run it terribly. I know they are volunteers but this should be a major income stream for the club.  Our commercial set up isn't fit for a Championship club. It's probably not even fit for League One to be honest. 

Edited by roverthemoon

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Guess who was on the board at the same time? Oor Eric of course.

I can't remember their access route, but i was in the boardroom and there was clear factions. As i understood it ED played a big part in getting rid of them. No mean feat when you remember the background they came from.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can't remember their access route, but i was in the boardroom and there was clear factions. As i understood it ED played a big part in getting rid of them. No mean feat when you remember the background they came from.

Regardless of whether this is true or not, he has failed on absolutely every measure this season. Sanctioning bad decision after bad decision. He has to go. His credibility is completely shot

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Regardless of whether this is true or not, he has failed on absolutely every measure this season. Sanctioning bad decision after bad decision. He has to go. His credibility is completely shot

Why wouldn't it be true?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why wouldn't it be true?

I've no idea. I wasn't there and have only the word of someone posting on the internet to go on. Anyway it's irrelevant to his catastrophically inept performance as CEO this season 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

I've no idea. I wasn't there and have only the word of someone posting on the internet to go on. Anyway it's irrelevant to his catastrophically inept performance as CEO this season 

It's a well publicised part of Rovers recent history. I was (un)fortunate enough to be reasonably close to it. I'm surprised you don't have a stronger view of it.

The commercial side of the club is a joke. Just look at the player sponsorship page in the programme, can't even sell a limited number of home and away shirts.

Does it even say in the programme how much or how to go about sponsoring a players shirt? I don't think it does.

It is mentioned on the website the cost, £200, but it also claims that the sponsorship packages are going fast. The amount of non sponsored shirts would suggest otherwise.

£200 isn't too bad so you'd think with a bit of effort they could have got more sponsored. They've got the programme, Twitter, Facebook, etc. All these ways they could have been pushing the player shirt sponsorship but no. Even towards the end of the season offering it for a reduced price, would have been a bit of extra money in but nope.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a well publicised part of Rovers recent history. I was (un)fortunate enough to be reasonably close to it. I'm surprised you don't have a stronger view of it.

Why would I? I wasn't close to it and it's now many years ago. Someone may have played a positive role in the past, I'm sure many others did too, but it's now 2017 and we have to go on what people are doing right now.

Given the catastrophic decisions that led to or club being relegated on Saturday and the financial implications of that I'm surprised you don't have a stronger view of Eric's suitability or otherwise for the role of Chief Executive going forward. 

For what it's worth, I think he's reached a Grant Murray like position. He might be a decent guy and there might be a case from the past for keeping him in position out of sentiment but the disconnect between him and the support makes his position untenable. The Board acted decisively with Murray and the club benefited immediately. The same action needs to be taken with Eric Drysdale.

It would be a signal to the support that the Board takes what has just happened seriously 

Edited by roverthemoon

With the amount of fans that feel this way about Drysdale, I'm surprised nobody has organised a protest. We all know he reads the forums but do the rest of the board?

I remember at the end of the Ayr game seeing him laughing at the back of the main stand as i was walking away from the stadium but nobody seemed to let him know how we feel. It's all one things complaining about the man on here but it's another to do something about it.