The New Raith Rovers Thread

Back of the Press - One of the loanees is going to be a striker "who has scored goals in the SPL"...

Trying to think of a few possibilities, from the top of my head that could be fired out on loan:

Andrew Little (Rangers)

Gary Glen (Hearts)

Gordon Smith (Hearts - Not sure if he has appeared in the SPL though ...)

Stevie May (St Johnstone)

Shane Sutherland (ICT)

Just a couple I could think who could possibly fired our way.

Back of the Press - One of the loanees is going to be a striker "who has scored goals in the SPL"...

Trying to think of a few possibilities, from the top of my head that could be fired out on loan:

Andrew Little (Rangers)

Gary Glen (Hearts)

Shane Sutherland (ICT)

Be very happy if it was either of the Hearts 2, not seen enough of the other players to make comment tho know that May was getting alot of press earlier in the season

Andrew Little (Rangers)

Gary Glen (Hearts)

Shane Sutherland (ICT)

Gordon Smith - 2 starts, 7 subs - 1 goal. 11 goalsd in this leage for a poor Stirling team. I'd suggest he's probably the most obvious,

Gordon Smith - 2 starts, 7 subs - 1 goal. 11 goalsd in this leage for a poor Stirling team. I'd suggest he's probably the most obvious,

Looks a good strong player and caused us plenty of problems when he played against us. Remember him being in the crowd when we played Aberdeen in the cup in the 1-0 game

Has Jamie Mole scored any for Hearts?:unsure:

Thought he had been released? shows he has scored 4 goals for hearts in like 34 appearances....

Thought he had been released? shows he has scored 4 goals for hearts in like 34 appearances....

Hearts website still shows him as a player. Wasn't he of the Pelosi generation who got themselves long deals - I'm thinking 5 years - despite never having taken the step up?

Also says in the press that the rovers away kit will be revealed next week and the story behind it. Although we already knew this...the word away was in the colour pink...

Edited by Wardy

Jamie Mole was told that he wouldn't be getting a contract renewal therefore wouldn't be classed as a loanee so doubt we'll be seeing him at Stark's Park.

Id much rather have a player on loan looking to make a point to his manager to boost his first team chances than resign Mole who looked good at times but never seemed to have that hunger

Hearts website still shows him as a player. Wasn't he of the Pelosi generation who got themselves long deals - I'm thinking 5 years - despite never having taken the step up?

Think he will have been released. Aye, fantastic plan by Romanov. Pelosi wasn't too bad a player, he might have been decent at 2nd division level (and was when he played for us). Some of the players they did have were horrific. Denis McLachlan in particular, I've no idea how anyone thought him good enough to play professional let alone for Hearts.

Gordon Smith would be a great signing, looked very dangerous for Stirling last season.

Totally agree. I reckon he'll be better with a more experienced midfield behind him than he had last year. That said, it all depends on if we stop playing route one every other game.

Signing a striker who can't get a game for the team that went about 2 months without scoring a goal last season doesn't fill me with much hope.

Thing is whoever we bring in will be for backup for our first choice front pairing