The New Raith Rovers Thread

What do Raith fans think of Kevin Smith and Mark Campbell both just signed for Queens.Campbell played last year at Palmy scored the winner i think good in the air but looks a bit slow to me.Smith i know nothing about is he any good.

Smith: Not the fastest, but can score goals. Horrific luck with injuries. Will be a decent signing if you can keep him fit.

Campbell: Dominant in the air. Not as much on the ground. Started to look a bit jaded towards the end of the season.

Best of luck to the both of them except for against us, both players gave 100% to the club and were fans favourites in their times.

Thank f**k Campbell didn't sign for Ayr. Murray and Ellis/Hill trying to mark the Campbell brothers at set pieces wouldn't end well. Campbell will be brilliant against long ball teams, but will struggle against pace. I'm still gutted he's no longer here.

Kevin Smith hasn't had an extensive amount of time in this league, but he looked like he'll cope fine. Scored a few goals for us and can hold the ball up well (don't try and use him as a target man, but he'll hold it up well if it's given to feet). He showed he can be a classic poacher when we were in division two, so if you can get him decent service into the box he'll do well.

Where the hell is Queens getting all this money from ...... Kevin Smith, take it he was released by Notts County (think thats who he went to)

How much money would they need to outbid Raith? Not much, really.

He showed he can be a classic poacher when we were in division two, so if you can get him decent service into the box he'll do well.

Division Two really doesn't count for much though. It's completely sub-standard in defensive terms.

How much money would they need to outbid Raith? Not much, really.

Division Two really doesn't count for much though. It's completely sub-standard in defensive terms.

Firstly you are right, it would not take a lot of money to outbid us at the moment, however Queens are a club who were apparently on their knees financially a couple of months ago.

Secondly, the seaside league is such a poor standard, you are right, so it must be terribly embarrassing for you guys that we have finished above you in both seasons since we came up. ;-)

Secondly, the seaside league is such a poor standard, you are right, so it must be terribly embarrassing for you guys that we have finished above you in both seasons since we came up. ;-)

We have both came up from the seaside leagues, the only thing embarrassing about it would be relying on their mediocre players to get you by. ;)

Ah, lol, so you are referring to Queens then, gotcha, thanks for clearing up the confusion, personally I agree that K. Smith might struggle in the 1st division, although he undoubtedly has an eye for goal in some of his games for us it looked as though he was running through treacle at times.

*cue him tearing our defence a new one the first time we play Queens now.

We have both came up from the seaside leagues, the only thing embarrassing about it would be relying on their mediocre players to get you by. ;)

Out of last year's squad that very nearly went up only McNeil (Montrose), Hill (Alloa) Baird (relegated Airdrie), Tade (relegated Clyde), Dyer (Brechin) and Murray (Killie, I'll give you this one) didn't appear for us in the seaside league. And, as you can see, only Murray could be classed a downward step. All hail the seaside league. :D

Smith was fine in his games last time around although was hit by injuries and the weather quite badly. If he was available on our kind of budget and we didn't try to sign him I'm disappointed.

I'm still wondering where the money we were offering McMenamin has went. It seems pretty much certain we put in an offer for him, yet we haven't been making noises about getting anyone in since. Maybe we've just decided to opt for another loanee instead?

10 points and 23 goals adrift? That's a remarkable spin.

All right, the team that finished second then. Top for the first three quarters, if you will. Not bad for a team of seasiders.

Edited by Paco

You Sir are a complete tosser !!!

I know Ryan too as was with him that day and stuff was getting thrown from scum end as well as your stewards smashing a gate against an old guys leg then swearing at me, police came over and i said he's a professional and standing swearing at me , what did the police say " what you want me to do about it ! i just thank who ever the guys were down the front from stopping me knocking his c**t in to be fair , and I aint saying much else on here regarding coin/lightter situation but feel for ryan anyway only thing id be sorry for was not skelping one of your stewards / fans

You're out of order. Thers no excuse for throwing coins at a football match - no matter how much you try to justify it.

What do Raith fans think of Kevin Smith and Mark Campbell both just signed for Queens.Campbell played last year at Palmy scored the winner i think good in the air but looks a bit slow to me.Smith i know nothing about is he any good.

Despite Campbell being slower than he used to be, you'll love them both. Smith will score goals, and Campbell will win almost every header he goes for. He'll struggle against quick sides who keep the ball on the deck....but seeing as there are none of those in SD1 he'll still be fine.

Would happily still have them both.

Not a harsh enough punishment in my opinion. One wee fucker threw coins and a lighter at Smith from behind the goals as well.

These cnuts deserve lifetime bans from all football grounds. They aren't Rovers fans.

Smith? fucking hell after the couple of goals he threw in for you lot you think yous would've been more gracious.

You Sir are a complete tosser !!!

I know Ryan too as was with him that day and stuff was getting thrown from scum end as well as your stewards smashing a gate against an old guys leg then swearing at me, police came over and i said he's a professional and standing swearing at me , what did the police say " what you want me to do about it ! i just thank who ever the guys were down the front from stopping me knocking his c**t in to be fair , and I aint saying much else on here regarding coin/lightter situation but feel for ryan anyway only thing id be sorry for was not skelping one of your stewards / fans

Smashed a gate? If it hit against his leg then that means he would've been trying to get onto the pitch, in which case it's his own fault.

You're out of order. Thers no excuse for throwing coins at a football match - no matter how much you try to justify it.

He's clearly a fucking arsehole and certainly not someone Raith need tarnisishing their support.

He's exactly the sort of person we need to weed out of the game.

This is the first of me hearing anything about this incident, he definitely appears to be the kind of numpty you dont want following your team.

Anyway, hows the raith squad fairing up for next season? Are you going to be able to push on for next year and take that final step over the finish line,or has your team been diminished to the point where you could be fighting relegation?

I'm certainly hoping you do the job but like every season it looks like the first is going to be another sturdy challenge.