The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not sure. There'll be a bigger interest, but if we operated under the assumption that we get 500 home fans usually, I'm not convinced we will double that, but you never know.

A few years ago right enough but did you not take around 1000 fans to Starks, back when Willie Gray was in charge?

Just now, Scary Bear said:

A few years ago right enough but did you not take around 1000 fans to Starks, back when Willie Gray was in charge?

Aye it was something like that, was that the game McCulloch saved two penalties I think? Difference being I think we had just come up the previous year by absolutely trouncing the league backed by Gray's fat wads o' cash, perhaps not quite as much of a feel good factor this time around. Although all it would take is those who normally go to take an extra person so it's maybe not that out of the question we'd sell out.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

The first derby of that season they brought a decent support through, maybe 1200 or so. They got their 1-0 lead, before we equalised.

The second derby at Starks, I remember there being a lot less. That along with McGurn making a wondersave where he palmed the ball through Bobby Linn's legs, and Mark Ferry's header to get another win for us. Gray sculking out at full time was glorious. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

That is the one and only time I've seen the plod getting a director telt, when Gray was doing his scarf waving routine.

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

How does that work? I would have thought it will the first 450 who appear with a valid season ticket.

Season ticket holders entitled  to two tickets so if the first 450 buy their entitlement,tickets gone

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Season ticket holders entitled  to two tickets so if the first 450 buy their entitlement,tickets gone

Seems the case.

Are you going to send a strongly worded letter to East Fife for having insufficient capacity?

Maybe a few folk will go to the bakers that day. I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh that day for the festival.

21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Seems the case.

Are you going to send a strongly worded letter to East Fife for having insufficient capacity?

Maybe a few folk will go to the bakers that day. I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh that day for the festival.

Why would I send a strongly worded letter to East Fife for having insufficient capacity?:wacko:.

What!No baby sitting,no childrens birthday parties to go to,anniversarys doos? 

Why would I send a strongly worded letter to East Fife for having insufficient capacity?:wacko:.
What!No baby sitting,no childrens birthday parties to go to,anniversarys doos? 

I am at Party at the Palace tomorrow. A grown-ups booze festival. I understand there will be music too.

You just seemed annoyed at the possibility of not getting a ticket for East Fife's diddy ground. Is that not the case?

I am at Party at the Palace tomorrow. A grown-ups booze festival. I understand there will be music too.

You just seemed annoyed at the possibility of not getting a ticket for East Fife's diddy ground. Is that not the case?

You say you're going to the Palace but really it's Bongos you're away to isn't it :P

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Not at all( i have a birthday party that day)but  if annoyed its more with our own club.Surely it would be better for season ticket holders to be offered 1 ticket which gives the majority if not all the chance of a ticket.By offering season ticket holders when were sitting with a thousand  two tickets per holder could come back to haunt them

Chances are it may  work out but chances are it may not with those season ticket holders losing out not being happy