The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aye, but we can sell him for £40k and sign a couple of absolute fucking jobbers who haven't kicked a ball for months! 
Two players instead, man!!!!

Or £25,000 and a box of quavers. Our board love a good haggle

No disrespect to the rest of the league but Rovers shouldn't need Vaughan to finish top of the pile. Your only credible challengers are Ayr and they always bottle it. 

Given you generally hand your exciting prospects away for f**k all if a club asks nicely enough you'd imagine any offer verging on 6 figures would taken without the need to even think about it. 

No disrespect to the rest of the league but Rovers shouldn't need Vaughan to finish top of the pile. Your only credible challengers are Ayr and they always bottle it. 
Given you generally hand your exciting prospects away for f**k all if a club asks nicely enough you'd imagine any offer verging on 6 figures would taken without the need to even think about it. 

The second paragraph is pretty accurate. Just think about the 200 club getting more of a variety of crisps and peanuts. The excitement is almost palpable

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Not this time. It'll be pretty painful watching Spence try and schlaff his way to 10 goals this season otherwise.

Anyone know what sort of team Rovers are likely to field against Brora?  Given the way you dismantled Buckie in the league cup, I was fancying a bet on RR to win by more than 1 goal, but if Smith puts out your U20s then that may not be a good idea.

Anyone know what sort of team Rovers are likely to field against Brora?  Given the way you dismantled Buckie in the league cup, I was fancying a bet on RR to win by more than 1 goal, but if Smith puts out your U20s then that may not be a good idea.

TBH, I'd rather we rested some of the starting 11 as we don't want to risk injury, we have a small squad so it'll be damage limitation. I hope.

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

TBH, I'd rather we rested some of the starting 11 as we don't want to risk injury, we have a small squad so it'll be damage limitation. I hope.

OK cheers.  I was hoping he might start Gordon Dalziel, Tony Rougier, Tade, Colin Cameron, Guido Van De Kamp, and of course Lewis Vaughan.

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It'll be pretty close to first team I'd guess. We don't have that many more players.

I'd honestly rather send out training cones than compete in the Irn-Bru cup. We could stick Osei and Court up front, give Berry, Thorsen and McKay run outs as well, put Matthews in for Robertson.

Come to think of it, sending the youth and 'squad' players out to get a mugging off of Brora might have an additional positive effect in that it might give the board a moment's pause to consider how Barry Smith is meant to plug the gap left by selling on one of his guaranteed starters.

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

What other sources do we have for this "exclusive" , or is this it ?

I'm hardly ITK, and I've got it from a couple of different places that there is a bid being seriously considered by the board.

Just now, Raith25 said:

I doubt in a time when the board are trying to rebuild a broken relationship with the fans would they accept a bid for effectively our star player.

Money talks at the end of the day. The board will have a figure in mind that they know they can't turn down. Whilst I've no doubt Vaughan will have his eye on the future it's been said from people close to him that he's not actively looking to leave. That makes it even more frustrating that we're effectively pushing him out the door.