The New Raith Rovers Thread

What annoyed me was loads of folk going mental at Callachan for his free kick "attempt". I'm glad he done it. It was something different. Definitely knew he was missing but I'm glad he changed it up a bit.

I'd also like to see McHattie try a few free kicks. He's got a great foot on him.

9 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

What annoyed me was loads of folk going mental at Callachan for his free kick "attempt". I'm glad he done it. It was something different. Definitely knew he was missing but I'm glad he changed it up a bit.

I'd also like to see McHattie try a few free kicks. He's got a great foot on him.

I thought Ross was excellent tonight. He was constantly getting the ball and playing it through. Didn't have too many misplaced passes. Scored, and also managed to help James Berry through his debut too. He's looking really eager this season. 

After Callachan's free kick one of our supporters screamed something along the lines of, "Fucking hell, Callachan, take a good look at yourself!"

The boy is playing with confidence and had a ping even though he knew he'd get pelters if he made a mess of it.

Maybe not Callachan who needs to take a good look at himself...

With the small size of the squad I am really beginning to wonder about the logic of the manager in his substitutions. On Saturday coasting at 3-0 and wait until the last minute to bring players on. We should be rotating the players from the bench when we are comfortably ahead.

With the small size of the squad I am really beginning to wonder about the logic of the manager in his substitutions. On Saturday coasting at 3-0 and wait until the last minute to bring players on. We should be rotating the players from the bench when we are comfortably ahead.

I have no problem about the timing of Osei coming on. Court should have been given a lot longer though.

Bene should never have came on at all. 3-0 up against a highland league team with 3 mins to go, take a striker off and stick another CB on to protect that 3-0 lead :lol:

I have no problem about the timing of Osei coming on. Court should have been given a lot longer though.

Bene should never have came on at all. 3-0 up against a highland league team with 3 mins to go, take a striker off and stick another CB on to protect that 3-0 lead :lol:

...and pick up a booking.

Pretty poor game. Disappointed we didn't use the ball better and knock it about, making Brora run and tire. Rarely got it wide and took on the full-backs either.

Berry looked neat and tidy, will get more confident with every game he plays. Osei took his goal well and is a real asset to have against tiring defences and away games playing on the break. Callachan very good, impressed by his presence and confidence as captain.

Lewy lewy lewy lewy (kaiser chiefs)

Lewy the Raith fan Hibernian legend, Lewy the Hibee, will be raith hero.  

Do tell...

Edit: Blonde moment. Thought we were signing Lewis Stevenson for a moment.. (which I've always wanted to happen!)

I don't think Smith wanted to make wholesale changes as I still think the side looks a bit disjointed and inconsistent. It's almost as if he thinks the more they key men play together, the more they will click.

In pre season, in the Dunfermline and Buckie games, we showed what we can do when it goes right. For some reason, we haven't been able to replicate that form in the other games. I think Smith wants to keep trying with the same players to get it right.

Job done ...efficiently...it wasn't pretty at times but brora seemed an organised team and gave a good account of themselves.

Good finishes from vaughan osei and callachan.

Point about the young players though ...watching mckay at alloa looked way off it and last night berry was again way off it IMO.

well done aaron lennox and back four for another clean sheet.

Also bobby barr setting up all 3 goals...scorers always get credit but they wouldn't get the chances without the service .

8 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Lennox having a scan today on a groin strain picked up kicking the ball out with about 3 mins to go!

Reason #112 why the challenge cup should be played out by a selection of kids, training cones and that seagull trying to find food in the right back area.

Would have liked to have  seen more youngsters yesterday but in retrospect you've got to say the manager was spot on with his selection given how competitive Brora were. Hope Lennox is OK though he really has been in superb form so far this season. Callachan was excellent last night despite the usual morons in the south stand being on his back.  Got to say also as I criticise him plenty, that I was impressed again by Barr.  He seems very determined and has played like he has a point to prove the last few weeks.

For what it's worth yes I would like to see Rovers dominate games more but if the push came to the shove I would take scabby 1-0  victories all season.  We do not have a big squad and it's understandable that we will struggle in games but this is where the support is supposed to come in and encourage the players for that little bit more effort.  We have a quiet home support little or no vocal encouragement which is a great pity.  How do we change this I have no idea get the trumpet player back, some drums behind the goals, give out song sheets :rolleyes:. Put a standing area down behind the goals which might encourage people. Anyway we need a bit more encouragement from the terrace.