The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we didn't actually give Bates away for nothing. Hardie loan, Thompson loan extension and Roberts on a free on top of a sell on clause or development fee.

Although the players didn't work out in our favour you just have to look at where Hardie and Thompson are playing this season to see how much potential they had. Hardie scored some important goals for us but ultimately it was the management that didn't get the best out of them. I will concede that Roberts was gash but if we had stayed up last season the deal wouldn't have looked quite as bad.

......aye and if your granny had baws.

Almost everyone Raith minded who still wasn't willing to admit failure under GL finally knew when St Mirren gubbed us in Paisley that that  (staying up) wasn't going to happen. The only ones unable to see that Hughes had lost the dressing room and was going to relegate us were the poor myopic fools in the board room who's continued poor choices were the reason we were and where we now are.

As has been said countless times The Bates deal was and still remains a stupidly poor deal. It was eclipsed by the deal to loan Vaughan to Sons but other than that not at all unlike many of the decisions made in the underground lair at SP over the last 2 seasons.

Not one director has had the balls to hold up their hands and admit their culpability in the choices of recent seasons were poor. Alan (rich tea) Young takes the biscuit though, he came out on Raith Tv and still wouldn't admit that Lock was a bad choice even when we were relegated.

We should hook poor TH up to the national grid as he must rotating at very high speed in his grave, the revenue from the energy generated would pay for a new stadium never mind a plastic pitch!

8 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

......aye and if your granny had baws.

Almost everyone Raith minded who still wasn't willing to admit failure under GL finally knew when St Mirren gubbed us in Paisley that that  (staying up) wasn't going to happen. The only ones unable to see that Hughes had lost the dressing room and was going to relegate us were the poor myopic fools in the board room who's continued poor choices were the reason we were and where we now are.

As has been said countless times The Bates deal was and still remains a stupidly poor deal. It was eclipsed by the deal to loan Vaughan to Sons but other than that not at all unlike many of the decisions made in the underground lair at SP over the last 2 seasons.

Not one director has had the balls to hold up their hands and admit their culpability in the choices of recent seasons were poor. Alan (rich tea) Young takes the biscuit though, he came out on Raith Tv and still wouldn't admit that Lock was a bad choice even when we were relegated.

We should hook poor TH up to the national grid as he must rotating at very high speed in his grave, the revenue from the energy generated would pay for a new stadium never mind a plastic pitch!

I still cannot fathom how that interview went that got Locke the job, with his personality (or lack thereof), and his CV - how the f**k did he get the job? Did he happen to walk into a room when a board member was trying to stuff a dead prostitute into a cupboard? it's the only way I can think of that they, as probably sentient mammals, could look at Gary Locke and go, yeah that's our guy.

Still talking about failures of last season at the end of this season. Can we put it all to bed now?

We’ve got 2 games left this season, with an outside chance of the title. Last season is finished, this season is almost finished and we’re still going on about Locke, and Bates, and Hughes. What’s done is done. Move forward. Hindsight is great, but what does it achieve? Other than, let’s not do that again.

Oh and I hate Claude Anelka. And Iain Munro....

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Still talking about failures of last season at the end of this season. Can we put it all to bed now?

We’ve got 2 games left this season, with an outside chance of the title. Last season is finished, this season is almost finished and we’re still going on about Locke, and Bates, and Hughes. What’s done is done. Move forward. Hindsight is great, but what does it achieve? Other than, let’s not do that again.

It's too early to talk about this season's failures yet. 

DON'T PANIC!!!

IMG_2714.jpg

Raith and Ayr will both lose this weekend and in the final game we’ll win and Ayr will draw, finishing us level on points. 

We then gain the prestige of being relegated and failing to be promoted on goal difference in successive seasons.

13 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Exactly. 

They could have demanded a fee with a sell on / development clause inserted. Just like Hamilton did with James McCarthy. 

That's harsh on our board. I'm sure if McCarthy had been a boyhood Wigan fan those pesky Hamilton directors wouldn't have been so damn professional about the whole thing.

On the Bates deal, it's not just the shite deal the Board and CEO got, but the fact that they had the begging bowl out for fans to contribute to the youth development fund, letting players go for peanuts doesn't encourage potential investors, but that's the way they seem to bumble along an absolute clusterfuck.    

On the Bates deal, it's not just the shite deal the Board and CEO got, but the fact that they had the begging bowl out for fans to contribute to the youth development fund, letting players go for peanuts doesn't encourage potential investors, but that's the way they seem to bumble along an absolute clusterfuck.    

Good point but on the flip side of that, you can also argue the point that our youth development program has produced players like Mackie and Laidlaw at Hibs, Callachan and now Bates who could be playing in the Bundesliga. Not to mention players who've played first team football for us like Matthews, Vaughan and McKay. Obviously we need to be getting something more for these players but I think it's still exciting to see that we've managed to produce a lot of quality players from our youth teams.

14 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Good point but on the flip side of that, you can also argue the point that our youth development program has produced players like Mackie and Laidlaw at Hibs, Callachan and now Bates who could be playing in the Bundesliga. Not to mention players who've played first team football for us like Matthews, Vaughan and McKay. Obviously we need to be getting something more for these players but I think it's still exciting to see that we've managed to produce a lot of quality players from our youth teams.

Just a pity that the board and CEO have let us down so badly.

Just a pity that the board and CEO have let us down so badly.

Yup but with a bit of luck then there's been some lessons learnt. After the last couple of years I think having someone of some kind of footballing background on the BoD would be extremely beneficial. A Director of Football would have been able to advise these guys on what deals were good and that sending a good player to your opponents in the league is a bad idea.

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Yup but with a bit of luck then there's been some lessons learnt. After the last couple of years I think having someone of some kind of footballing background on the BoD would be extremely beneficial. A Director of Football would have been able to advise these guys on what deals were good and that sending a good player to your opponents in the league is a bad idea.

Even a fuckin moron knows that.

31 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Hasn't only McKay has come through the current Fife elite set up, the others were products of our own youth development, with no tangible return on our players, and none of the deals being open and above board, no one with any sense would invest in our current set up, it's run like a committee at the bowls club not a professional football club.       

Hasn't only McKay has come through the current Fife elite set up, the others were products of our own youth development, with no tangible return on our players, and none of the deals being open and above board, no one with any sense would invest in our current set up, it's run like a committee at the bowls club not a professional football club.       

McKay might be the only one who has come through I'm sure but for the next batch of young players in the Fife Elite set up seeing a player move from Raith to Hamburg in a couple of years, is a massive incentive to join our club. Also first team professional football and the more money we have then the better coaching and players wellbeing etc.

They haven't done well with this in my opinion but holding back your money is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Would you stop coming to the home games because you don't want to give your money to the club?