The New Raith Rovers Thread

Could be wrong but this seems a fairly normal time to offer early bird season tickets to me. Pretty standard - the offer will likely not run as long this year though because of the previous round.

We were selling them long before the play-offs the last two seasons.

I think it says alot about how the fans view the board these days, when something that happens every year at this time is immediately questioned. There isn't any trust in them getting it right from the fans and considering the last almost 2 years, no wonder.

I'm sure it was public knowledge that over the last 2 seasons we've lost a lot of money and that was before relegation. Add the cost of relegation and whatever Hughes has cost us.

Poor crowds and remaining full time this season will have also taken a serious toll on the books. There's no certainty that we're going up this season and it looks like there are some kind of cash flow problems. The lack of a cup run on top of postponements must have had a negative effect.

The worry for me is if we don't get up and there's no 'Bates money' due in then the prospect of full time next season in League One looks non existent.

Its certainly worth asking the question bearing in mind you've already flogged 200 season tickets for next season. Has that money been spent already? 

In all honesty no one knows bar the board. But the 200 club, Fife's finest and I think the macmillan club all donated a decent amount to the club so I cant really imagine it is a cash flow issue. The fans have put in money so I do think there should be a bit more openness from our board around such things. Even if it was to say we are fine, that would do me.

In all honesty no one knows bar the board. But the 200 club, Fife's finest and I think the macmillan club all donated a decent amount to the club so I cant really imagine it is a cash flow issue. The fans have put in money so I do think there should be a bit more openness from our board around such things. Even if it was to say we are fine, that would do me.

I'd agree to one extent. There's an obvious lack of connection between the club and the fans but should the BoD have to come out and explain every single decision and be made completely transparent? What's the role of the fans rep on the BoD? Does he not keep the fans in the loop?

The tickets went on sale last year at the same time so i dont see the issue. Do you not think its a bit of a publicity stunt and a great piece of business by the club to intially state that there would only be a  batch of 200 which sold out! when really they probably were planning on selling another batch later on at a early bird price! 

I don't know about you brasher but the only people who had any idea it was happening that I knew, were already fans/ season ticket holders.

Martin I think there has to be more communication from the club to the fans. I don't think we need to know how much vaughans goal bonus is etc but there should be a reasonable amount of information available to us all. We are all stakeholders in the club as fans at the end of the day. (not shareholders, incase someone picks me up wrong on that)

I agree but once the board start coming out and giving justification or information about things it becomes an expectation from the fans.

If the club hadn't given any information regarding the Bates transfer then they wouldn't have put themselves under so much pressure. Instead of giving out the usual statement about a player moving on and wishing him luck, they tied themselves in knots and now speculation and wild rumours are circulating needlessly.

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Shankland’s appeal hearing being held on Thursday, apparently. Not a chance they’ll win the appeal, hopefully he gets another game added on top for their cheek.

Confirmation on SFA site - https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

For me it's not the timing of the early bird deal, more the fact it's only on for 2 days, one of which had basically passed before most people even knew this deal would happen. To me that makes it seem as though it's another attempt at a quick cash injection.

Perhaps they're ring-fencing some money for Smith's severance once we're out of the play offs...

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Shankland’s appeal hearing being held on Thursday, apparently. Not a chance they’ll win the appeal, hopefully he gets another game added on top for their cheek.

I haven't seen the Shankland incident. 

Was it a certain red card offence?