The New Raith Rovers Thread

"It’s a reasonable amount of money and I think it’s clear that a deal like this would never have happened if David Bates was still here."
Laughable from Young. It was never selling Bates that pissed folk off, it was the absence of a fee for for doing so. Well, that and Scott fucking Roberts. 

The way the whole thing has been handled is a joke but to be fair to Young and the rest of the BoD, had the information not been leaked from the club by the manager at the time then we would all be fairly happy with this outcome.

Had Bates stayed at the club and not gone to Rangers he wouldn't have attracted the likes of Hamburg and quite possibly become a diamond in the dirt never to be found. I think the circumstances surrounding his move to Hamburg for free hasn't helped our cause at all and that's down to Rangers not offering him a big enough contract when he originally signed and then failing to meet his needs on his contract renewal.

He didn't play much for us and if we're all being honest, there's not many Raith and who recognised just how good a player he was. I'm sure if the details hadn't been released of his move then we'd all be thinking that getting something for him is a lot better than getting nothing.

12 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It actually won't surprise me if it's downgraded.

A good chance it will however I think Ayr will still win the league without him , it’s clear looking at the league the 2 stand out sides and it was always going to be between us and Ayr unfortunately our away form will cost us

A good chance it will

Mmm I’m not so sure, ref has a clear view and to me it looks like he knew exactly what he was doing. He’s a big miss for them and Alloa is a tough place to go. I’m probably being optimistic but not over yet.

Mmm I’m not so sure, ref has a clear view and to me it looks like he knew exactly what he was doing. He’s a big miss for them and Alloa is a tough place to go. I’m probably being optimistic but not over yet.

Optimism is all we have. Ayr have some injuries. But we really need to see off Stranraer, that’ll be tough

All the talk about Ayr and Shankland is useless unless we do what we haven't done this season yet and win away to a very decent Stranraer side.

Regardless of what happens with Ayr if we win on Sat it goes down to the final day, that's all we can control.

Edited by CALDERON

IMG_2853.jpg

It always baffles me how these small and simple gestures can make such a difference between the supporters and the club and yet it seems almost too easy for our club to do.

Winning a game at home 2-0 and fans still booing really does highlight the importance of these gestures and getting the fans back on the clubs side.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

IMG_2853.jpg

It always baffles me how these small and simple gestures can make such a difference between the supporters and the club and yet it seems almost too easy for our club to do.

Winning a game at home 2-0 and fans still booing really does highlight the importance of these gestures and getting the fans back on the clubs side.

Tbf, I'd find it awkward as f**k if I got a phone call off any of our manager or players.

There was an email that went out signed off from Benedictus thanking folk from the first batch of the early season tickets for buying.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

All the talk about Ayr and Shankland is useless unless we do what we haven't done this season yet and win away to a very decent Stranraer side.

Regardless of what happens with Ayr if we win on Sat it goes down to the final day, that's all we can control.

It would be peak Rovers to go to Stranraer and toil to a result which isn't good enough.  All we can do is focus on ourselves and go for 6 points in our final games and then either come out with a league against the odds, or we go into the playoffs on a winning run. I understand why fans are trying to run through all the scenarios, but it's a bit more simple in that b y 5pm Saturday we'll either be out the picture or have shifted a tonne of pressure onto Ayr

It would be peak Rovers to go to Stranraer and toil to a result which isn't good enough.  All we can do is focus on ourselves and go for 6 points in our final games and then either come out with a league against the odds, or we go into the playoffs on a winning run. I understand why fans are trying to run through all the scenarios, but it's a bit more simple in that b y 5pm Saturday we'll either be out the picture or have shifted a tonne of pressure onto Ayr

Ah I see, so because of your social awkwardness and inept ability to speak to someone on the telephone, the club should just abandon any ideas of trying to reach out to their supporters..?

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Ah I see, so because of your social awkwardness and inept ability to speak to someone on the telephone, the club should just abandon any ideas of trying to reach out to their supporters..?

Tbf, could be worse. My dad could answer the phone for me and tell Smith I've been banned and I'm really upset by it.

43 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Half a pie :lol: I bet he told his carer pal that analogy at the game and thought he was really smart.

I see you've started another Early Bird sale after firing through all the cash from the first one? No worries, at least you know Rangers will quickly pay you a fair share for the Bates deal...

zhehAjhgeG3cWZHd0G7b0EhA2iY=.gif

Mysteryboxtv.png