The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep but on Monday the reality sinks in that we’re stuck in League 1 for at least one more season.

Also that we threw away the league on the last game of the season.

I’ve got over it already. Aye it’s pish, but it’s the Rovers.  I’m surely not the only one who 100% knew we wouldn’t get promoted via the play-offs after last Saturday...

Unreal to think that up until today we were unbeaten in a league match at home and yet have managed to find ourselves relegated and then fail to get promoted within that time. Only the Rovers could achieve levels of shite. 

Im not bothered about teams fans coming on here either and having a pop. I wouldn’t be jumping on the bandwagon if the shoe was on the other foot, but I can see why folk do. Part and parcel of the game. Plus it’s a Scottish football forum. It would be utter pish if everyone was nicey nicey. It’s not in our nature to be like that. Getting it up folk is great. 

Our time will come. It is incredibly frustrating, especially after McGlynn had complete stabilised the club again after being in the doldrums for so long. But hey ho. As they cliché goes...

”There’s always next season...”

Edited by Wardy

12 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Ok so this talk about "it's real life"..

it's no sense. If I was that bad I'd be sacked and easily be sacked. End off. Calm down. Goodnight!

But would you “have the decency to walk away”? 

Would you bollocks. 

The guy needs to pay his bills and feed his family like the rest of us. 

This isn’t a game of champ man. 

If the board decide to sack him then fair enough but to suggest he should just leave without the recompense he’s entitled to is naive in the extreme. 

At a club like Raith it very much is the real world.

I read an article with your player Thomson and he said everyone is fighting for their futures at the club. He’s spot on. Those guys won’t be on grand wages and will have bills to pay.

Now that Raith are staying down most of them will be released which means they’ll have no income. You’d be gutted if you lost your job.

Now some of them will pick up new clubs but if you’ve had a crap season you could be waiting awhile for a new club to pick you up.
Buchanan is on £50k a year and he's been absolutely dire this season. The thought of the likes of him and Barr worrying about where their next wage is coming from is about the only thing keeping me going just now.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
14 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

At a club like Raith it very much is the real world.

I read an article with your player Thomson and he said everyone is fighting for their futures at the club. He’s spot on. Those guys won’t be on grand wages and will have bills to pay.

Now that Raith are staying down most of them will be released which means they’ll have no income. You’d be gutted if you lost your job.

Now some of them will pick up new clubs but if you’ve had a crap season you could be waiting awhile for a new club to pick you up.

Buchanan is on £50k a year and he's been absolutely dire this season. The thought of the likes of him and Barr worrying about where their next wage is coming from is about the only thing keeping me going just now.

Is he seriously on 50k a year? That’s astounding 

But would you “have the decency to walk away”? 
Would you bollocks. 
The guy needs to pay his bills and feed his family like the rest of us. 
This isn’t a game of champ man. 
If the board decide to sack him then fair enough but to suggest he should just leave without the recompense he’s entitled to is naive in the extreme. 
Smith's disappearing act at the end of the game summed him up. There is absolutely no chance I'll renew my season ticket with him in charge and I hope many others take the same stance.

Barry Smith might be a shite manager for you lot, but to question him as a human is just wrong tbh. As it is when most managers get their personality questioned. So he didn't apologise to the fans in a post match interview? So what? He's probably hurting as much if not more than the fans with the realisation that he's not only the reason for a thousand and odd people being disappointed, but he's cost players he's close to their job and more than likely cost himself a future full time career in football.

The way managers get treated in football (Unless they're John Brown) is appalling. That being said, it's hard to see where you go from here. For the good of the club alone, Smith needs bulleted IMO.

Fine lines between getting you promoted and not but that's football.

Regardless of who is manager, I think the bigger question for the future of your club is whether you stay FT or not. An ambitious board would take the hit next season as you'll surely canter to the league regardless of who is in charge if FT.

Seriously?! There's first teamers at Dundee in the Premier that aren't on that. You deserve all you get if that's the case.

If he’s really on that then that’s absolutely mental.

Let's be honest, it'll be rare if people know what's on the wage slip of a player.  Even then, it'd be a rarer breach of trust for someone to post it. 

Also, you'd be mental if people think any manager would walk away from a job and stability. It's the board's decision ultimately to decide. 

If we stay full time, you'd hope we'd win the league as we'd be the only full time team. Personally, I don't think Smith is the man to do that for us, but it's not the choice of the fans. 

Edited by Oor Willis

WTF !!!!!
hope it was £25k basic and £25k promotion bonus.
That’s a crazy wage at this level of football.
The fact we only signed Buchanan, Spence and Murray prior to the season starting gives a fair indication that we (or should I say Smith) blew most of our budget on Buchanan and Spence.

There was a thing at the time that Buchanan was on 900 a week and Spence was on decent wages as well.

I think it will be be full time but a stripes down squad and no high earners.

Smith to get his jotters as well not just for the lack of promotion but the lurking disaster the team has become and the lack of faith all round.

Plenty of players to move on as well.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

No fussed who goes up. Not seen dumbarton play. Alloa look like a decent side hitting form at the right time. I’n sure all raith fans on here will be firmly focused on what is going on at our club, rather than care who goes up or down now.

naw naw naw, who do you want COMING up from bottom tear for you useless fkn shower to play next season.