The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I didn’t really know who I wanted as the next boss, but after wading through about 27 oddly angry posts from Frank “Small C” conner, I really hope it’s either John McGlynn, or Laurie Ellis.

Why do you say angry? Just giving my opinion if you don't like it fair enough. 

I didn’t really know who I wanted as the next boss, but after wading through about 27 oddly angry posts from Frank “Small C” conner, I really hope it’s either John McGlynn, or Laurie Ellis.

Imagine John McGlynn with Laurie Ellis as his assistant though... Now that's going to get the juices flowing.

Out of the 40 odd list all we've been told is Clark, Donati and Robson. Is that correct?

So out of 37 other names we've had; Ellis, Easton, McGlynn, Lennon, Nicholl, Petrie, Goodwin, Hartley, Duffy, Cuthbert, Baird, Stubbs and Barry Smith in a spectacular U-turn all mentioned between here and the glorious Facebook posts. So what about the other 24?

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Imagine John McGlynn with Laurie Ellis as his assistant though... Now that's going to get the juices flowing.

Out of the 40 odd list all we've been told is Clark, Donati and Robson. Is that correct?

So out of 37 other names we've had; Ellis, Easton, McGlynn, Lennon, Nicholl, Petrie, Goodwin, Hartley, Duffy, Cuthbert, Baird, Stubbs and Barry Smith in a spectacular U-turn all mentioned between here and the glorious Facebook posts. So what about the other 24?

Stop talking pish

Stop talking pish

Bring back Mcglynn now bring back Mcglynn with Ellis good god really? Eric concentrate on Dundee please.

Yup, certainly got the juices flowing with Frank tonight. Don't go to bed too upset tonight mate.

If only Barry were still here...

Probably a few more ex-players: Cameron, Dair, Crawford.

Is Jimmy Calderwood still kicking about?

Daft Yogi to finish the job and pound us into League 2?

...and Patrick Kluivert. That lad loves Scottish football.

Probably a few more ex-players: Cameron, Dair, Crawford.

Is Jimmy Calderwood still kicking about?

Daft Yogi to finish the job and pound us into League 2?

...and Patrick Kluivert. That lad loves Scottish football.

It's funny how there is an automatic assumption that regardless of their current situation, we always seem to believe that ex managers and players will be queuing at the door to be our next manager.

Putting a realistic view on things wouldn't be adverse to to McGlynn coming back but there's been no signs to indicate that he's even contemplated the move back. He's in a great job, he's at an age where it might suit his lifestyle and we might not be able to afford him.

As I eluded to in my post, there's been 40 'applicants' for the job and all we know is about 3 or 4 names. After what Bill Clark said about taking time in the decision, I'd be putting the w**k socks for the likes of McGlynn and Lennon away for a week or 2 until we get some more information. Matt Elder is just trying to keep news coverage of the story going which is why names like Donati, Robson and Clarke have been used over and over again.

From the size of squad that we could afford to have, lack of loan signings and our owner trying to pinch pennies at every opportunity from the team side of things in order to enhance the stadium, I'm lowering expectations for who's going to be the next manager. There's always the hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised though.

Are you saying all 40 applicants will be shite, or just that our Board won’t pick the best candidate?

It’s fairly obvious that some of the applicants may be ex-players as they will have at least heard of Raith Rovers, possibly follow events around them and may still live relatively local. Micky and Dair both fall into that camp.

‘w**k socks’ - is this 14 year old you again?

Interesting post on Fantalk:

"I heard last night that the reason for our negotiates with Smith were due to a stipulation in his contract regarding an agreed budget. When he didn’t get the funds he was promised, he left, citing that the club were in breach of contract. That’s where the negotiations have come from, the club are trying to reach a settlement without having to pay up his full year that was left on his deal"

26 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Interesting post on Fantalk:

"I heard last night that the reason for our negotiates with Smith were due to a stipulation in his contract regarding an agreed budget. When he didn’t get the funds he was promised, he left, citing that the club were in breach of contract. That’s where the negotiations have come from, the club are trying to reach a settlement without having to pay up his full year that was left on his deal"

What idiot would agree to that?