The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, grumswall said:
11 hours ago, Raithie said:
3 min 26 sec in McGlynn’s post match interview. Genuine fear all over his coupon at how utterly fucked we’ll be if Nisbet is injured.

He's not stupid!

I never said he was :wacko:

14 minutes ago, JAR said:

Great to have a main striker again . Hope Duggan or some one can shape up as a partner & twin threat.

I know he's young but I'm hoping Jack Smith gets a reasonable amount of games up front with Nisbet. I'd also like to see Nisbet get another year on his contract if that is at all possible.

I know he's young but I'm hoping Jack Smith gets a reasonable amount of games up front with Nisbet. I'd also like to see Nisbet get another year on his contract if that is at all possible.
That will most likely be dependant on us getting promotion. Can't see us staying ft next season if we are in this league still.

That will most likely be dependant on us getting promotion. Can't see us staying ft next season if we are in this league still.

We already have a few players tied to full-time deals - Euan Murray, Robbie Thomson and Grant Gillespie from the top of my head have all signed until 2020.

Not to say there isn’t a clause in there somewhere of course, but clearly we’re willing to tie players down beyond the summer.

We already have a few players tied to full-time deals - Euan Murray, Robbie Thomson and Grant Gillespie from the top of my head have all signed until 2020.

Not to say there isn’t a clause in there somewhere of course, but clearly we’re willing to tie players down beyond the summer.
Didn't know about Murray being a two year deal. Gillespie was a one year deal with the option of a second should we gain promotion in sure?

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

It will definitely be dependant on promotion. Not from the clubs point of view, although I’m pretty sure we’ll at best employ a hybrid PT/FT option if we don’t go up. But Nisbet at his age with his goal scoring form isn’t going to sign up to the possibility of another year in League 1.

If he gets anywhere close to maintaining this form he’ll easily get a club in the championship or down south. Hopefully we go up then we have a chance of keeping him but i’d be stunned if he signed anything until he knows for sure where we’ll be playing. 

Good news if we are indeed signing a right winger, clear weakness in the side just now. 

Most players in Gym 64 this afternoon, Lewis Milne and Chris Duggan missing. New player to be announced in the gym along with another young chap that I've never seen before. Clear that Liam Buchanan has been given senior player role as he appeared to be organising the players.